AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

I have another annoying noob question; are Skitterstrand Arachnaroks any good? They look super cool as just a big spider. Don’t have to be mega competitive but if they’re somewhat good then that would be sweet. The teleporting seems somewhat nice.

they have solid potential is just that their base size is huge so often times you find it hard to deepstrike the spider where you want them to.

16 hours ago, novakai said:

they have solid potential is just that their base size is huge so often times you find it hard to deepstrike the spider where you want them to.

Great thanks. I may get one then just cos they look cool. If potential is there then I’m happy. I’d use it in place of the Dankhold Trogg sometimes

I'm building my first Mangler Squig and I'd like to try and make him work as both Loonboss and Regular versions.

What do people consider as the differences between the two versions?

Looking at the build instructions, the armour plates and non armour are for either version. Then the Loonboss has one "chain" configuration plus Mooncutter grot on the top. Whereas the regular version has a different chain configuration with a Mooncutter grot on the lower Squig.

Looking at the rules,  the lower mooncutter grot on the regular version makes zero sense as the grots on the regular only fight with sticks. Which sort of breaks GWs WYSIWYG approach. But, ok, I can ignore that. It makes me think that really, the only difference that matters is the Grot on the top Squig. Everything else is cosmetic.

So, I'm planning on following the Loonboss version. But, I'll magnetise the Loonboss Grot so I can switch him with the regular guy. My concern is that the grots sit quite nicely in the Squigs grooves, but putting in the magnets will destroy that and they'll slide about.

Anyone else had magnetised mangler success?

56 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Looking at the rules,  the lower mooncutter grot on the regular version makes zero sense as the grots on the regular only fight with sticks. Which sort of breaks GWs WYSIWYG approach. But, ok, I can ignore that. It makes me think that really, the only difference that matters is the Grot on the top Squig. Everything else is cosmetic.

What’s the different of a very rusty and blunt Cutta from a fighting stick?

😋😉

• Haha 1

So i was very lucky and got an awesome secret santa this year and was gifted a box of Fanatics and a Squig Gobba.

I love both model kits, i think Fanatics are core to any Grot list and Squig Gobbas let every player at least once pick up the model and force a smile out. While i think Loonsmasha Fanatics are absolute awesome ruleswise, i'm not 100% sure about the Squig Gobba. 160 points is quite much, but 6 attacks 4+ against hereos/small units, 3+ against units of 10+ to hit, 3+ to wound and D3 damage sounds okay? 30" range is quite much and requiring no line of sight makes it pretty much survive through the turns and cap a back objective.  If there would be some kind of rend i would be sold immediatly.

Some of you have experience with Fanatics or Squig Gobbas and mind sharing their oppinion?

Edited by DerZauberer

Hello all so it looks like thanks to the xmas presents I've received from my wife this year, I'll be putting together a gits army lol

Model wise I love Squigs and Rockgut Troggoths and rule wise I love Skraggot so thats what she got me :)

I've been trying to come up with a way to implement them all into a single list so far this is what I've been able to come up with. What do you all think?

Skragrott (General)
(Call da Moon)

Fungoid Cave Shaman
(Squig Lure)

Loonboss on Mangler Squig
(Ignax's Scales or Sword of Judgement)

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig

BATTLELINE
20x Stabbas 

12x Squig Herds

12x Squig Herds

OTHER
10x Boingrot Bounderz

10x Boingrot Bounderz

3x Rockgut Troggoths

3x Rockgut Troggoths

5x Loonsmasha Fanatics

6x Sneaky Snufflers

Any suggestions to make the list more competitive or do you think its pretty good as is? So far I own (and painted) Skragrott,  10x Boingrots, 20x Stabbas, 12x Squig Herds, and 5x Fanatics... so those units are "locked in" lol. 

9 minutes ago, AxolotlQuestions said:

Because the Rockgut's "Throwin' Boulders" rule goes off the size of the Rockgut unit. So a unit of of 6 Rockguts will always succeed in inflicting the MW, whereas a unit of 3 will fail 50% of the time. 

Thank you very much!

That´s of course a good point :)

Hi, I am building the following list:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Loonboss (70)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Units
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Scuttletide (30)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)

Total: 1710 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 145

Main idea is:

• Skargrott casting endless spells, make the important teleports successfull, generate CP
  • Fungoid nearly the same
  • Loonboss to take care of the grots, buff them to throw mortals on 6s
  • the buffed blob of stabbas would march up, tarpit and hold objectives.
  • sporsplatta buff the stabbas and/or provide protection from shooting if needed
  • loonsmasha to make the opponent to think twice, if wants to charge
  • squigs just objective grabbers, screeners
  • Rockugts would be a hammer, kill anything they can
  • fellwater may go with either grots, so could achieve -2 to hit, or support the rockguts

I want to have a heavy hitter hero too, but I cant decide if it should be a Loonboss on Mangler, or Troggboss. Their points are nearly the same. The main idea is to teleport it behind the lines of the opponent, to make some noise and kill some screened heroes/OB catapult etc. For this I want to have a hero, to reroll charges, to make more chance that the charge is successful after the teleport. I dont know if should choose the loonboss on mangler to make more dmg, but may die easier, or the troggboss to probably put some smaller heroes into its pocket, and maybe make some more noise as it could be more tanky than loonboss on mangler.

What do you think?

Or just remove the 2 unit of fanatics, and use both of them:D 

Edited by SzPtr
  • Like 1

List making while at work. Not sure how effective this would be but it would at least look cool and fun

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Dankhold Troggboss (270)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (90)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 172

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 5:18 AM, SzPtr said:

I want to have a heavy hitter hero too, but I cant decide if it should be a Loonboss on Mangler, or Troggboss. Their points are nearly the same. The main idea is to teleport it behind the lines of the opponent, to make some noise and kill some screened heroes/OB catapult etc. For this I want to have a hero, to reroll charges, to make more chance that the charge is successful after the teleport. I dont know if should choose the loonboss on mangler to make more dmg, but may die easier, or the troggboss to probably put some smaller heroes into its pocket, and maybe make some more noise as it could be more tanky than loonboss on mangler.

What do you think?

I'm partial to the Dank Boss! Love the model and he can help buff your trolls until its time to teleport him. If you give him Ghyrstrike artifact, he will be hitting and wounding on 2+, rerolling 1s to hit.

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

List making while at work. Not sure how effective this would be but it would at least look cool and fun

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Dankhold Troggboss (270)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (90)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 172

Love it!

Have you used the mushroom yet? I don't seem to have much success with it. The random range is frustrating... especially when you accidentally nuke yourself. lol

I wish it had a reliable range. For almost the same points (100) as the Everblaze comet (which goes 36"),  I wish it had a similar range stat.

23 hours ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Love it!

Have you used the mushroom yet? I don't seem to have much success with it. The random range is frustrating... especially when you accidentally nuke yourself. lol

I wish it had a reliable range. For almost the same points (100) as the Everblaze comet (which goes 36"),  I wish it had a similar range stat.

The random range is risky but its its no different then the randomness that squigs brings which is why im okay with it lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malakithe said:

The random range is risky but its its no different then the randomness that squigs brings which is why im okay with it lol

Ha... good point. Don't play Destruction unless you like random rolls!!

My Destruction army is mostly Trolls right now, but I recently traded some stuff for a bunch of squigs! Bring on the randomness!

4 hours ago, whiskeytango said:

Do you think the squig hoppers would be better in two units of 5 or one unit of 10?

probably units of 5, they are kind of used to fill out your battleline requirement, IMO since they sort of pale in comparison to Bounders both offensively and defensively, they sort of better at being a mobile expendable units that harass your opponents forces and being annoying roadblocks between them and your better attacking units

13 hours ago, whiskeytango said:

What's a 1000pt squig list look like to you guys? 

Both kinds of loonbosses, 10 of each kinds of squig cavalry, 2 fungoid shamans, what else?

You could fit in 1k:
Loonboss on Mangler - Fight Another Day + Artifact of choice
10 Boingrot
10 Boingrot
Squig Herd
Squig Herd
Squig Rider Battalion - Reroll movement rolls
960 pts

Probably not the best 1k squig list, but fun!!

• Like 1

@SzPtr I 'm a Troggoth lover myself but my pick is the Mangler. Since you want someone for rerolls after tp and so on, you need something mobile to have a good chance to be close. Another thing that it's gonna help you with, is that you 'll have  a threat that is super mobile AND can fly and thus fly OVER the opponents' screen. This will make him think twice. Also the damage is way more stable and thus way more :P