AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, Riddles said:

What are the meta/best units for gitz atm

For me it's pointless to analyze units without crossing with their cost.

The units I consider very cost efficient are:

- Boingrots bounder

- Trolls (both version)

And on the other end of the spectrum:

- Gargant (should be 100-120). Right now I think he is just plain too bad to be used.

- Troggboss (should probably be around 240)

- Scragnot (maybe 20-30 pts overcost)

Note that overpriced don't mean bad, if it can still bring you something. But if you inlcude let say 2 troggboss and 2 gargant in your list, you start with a serious handicap.

I'm not too aware of the spiders as i never played them, but at first glance they light rightly priced.

I think taking at least 20-40 stabbas is also mandatory, just for the fact that is the only stuff you can bring back with the Loonshrine, and it's a pretty cheap and efficient unit. What preventing Gloomspite to be on top currently is that their allegience ability is both really average, and random.

• Like 1

hey guys, been taking a break from the hobby with life stuff. came back and finish up my Gobbapalooza

563494796_Gobbla(2).jpg.946fd448b548f479a39345c8616c4ab3.jpg

Shroomancer.jpg.4a3469a4661e7fa7d7fbfe35864f0c5d.jpg

1406317199_Boggles(2).jpg.a3237741653681bfeb321dd6c649e927.jpg

1119494240_Brewgit(2).jpg.82a93115c09d07d7b67714c583b93f15.jpg

spiker.jpg.413e510afd81723ca960cbe5008bafbd.jpg

Scaremonger.jpg.4d4054b9183705ea69823abadb3885d8.jpg

still a big fan of the Gitz though as I played a few game at felt frustration at the rules at times (especially playing against Slaanesh couple of times)

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hey guys/gals have a 2k event coming up and im trying to nail down a list

the below has 160 points spare, not sure what to spend it on, any thoughts on that or changes to improve it?

LEADERS

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Hand of gork

Fungoid Cave-Shaman
Itchy nuisance

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs

- General

- Command Trait : Fight Another Day

- Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm

Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider)

Sneaky Distraction

UNITS

60 x Stabbas)

- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

nets

40 x Stabbas

- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

nets

6 x Squig Herd

6 x Rockgut Troggoths

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh

Scuttletide

Malevolent Moon

got 160 points left

Edited by Salt_merchant

Over the past year I've been slowly haphazardly putting together Gitz without really thinking about what I'm doing as a side project to my main army of Angry Trees, spending far too long kitbashing and painting (made even slower due to keeping my main army viable). I've got a collection of stuff I thought was cool when the battletome dropped, plus Looncurse, and I'm including this Christmas' Battleforce box too.

Anyone got suggestions for the best way to trim my collection to a decent 2000 list? The list below comes to 2880 - much more than I expected! Not necessarily looking for an exact 2000 answer - suggestions on where to go would be great.

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)     (or regular version)
Loonboss (70)
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
3 x Madcap Shaman (240)
Dankhold Troggboss (270)    (or regular version)

40 x Stabbas (260)
20 x Boingrot Bounderz (400)     (or hoppers)
10 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (240)    (or loonsmasha)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
9 x Rockgut Troggoths (420)

+ All Gitz endless spells and all Malign Sorcery spells.

It'd be nice to have a troll+Squig list, but I get the feeling they don't play well together.  Unless anyone has ideas?

I think this is looking like a Squig + Magic list, but I'm flexible.

I suspect both fanatic types are not worth it with only 40 Stabbas. Shame as I love the models.

If I throw away all the Troggs, fanatics and two Madcaps, it gets me down to 1790.

I'd also like to keep Skragrott in unless he really doesn't make sense to play (he doesn't have to be general).

@a74xhx I've a really similar collection. I recently won a local league with Gloomspite playing variation of those list:

Spoiler
Dankhold troggboss
fungoid cave shaman
Sraggnot
Zarbag Gitz

40 moonclan grots
5 fanatics
5 sporesplattas fanatics
3 river troll
3 Rockgut trogoth
3 Rockgut trogoth

5 boingrots Bounder
5 boingrots Bounder

geminid
malevolent moon

for spell I was always taking Hand of mork/gork, and alterning between great green tide, itchy nuisance or call da moon for the 2 others.

I think the beauty of gloomspite is really the vast choice available. However I think all list should include a minium of 40 stabbas/shootas, and the geminid.

17 hours ago, broche said:

@a74xhx I've a really similar collection. I recently won a local league with Gloomspite playing variation of those list:

Hide contents
Dankhold troggboss
fungoid cave shaman
Sraggnot
Zarbag Gitz

40 moonclan grots
5 fanatics
5 sporesplattas fanatics
3 river troll
3 Rockgut trogoth
3 Rockgut trogoth

5 boingrots Bounder
5 boingrots Bounder

geminid
malevolent moon

for spell I was always taking Hand of mork/gork, and alterning between great green tide, itchy nuisance or call da moon for the 2 others.

I think the beauty of gloomspite is really the vast choice available. However I think all list should include a minium of 40 stabbas/shootas, and the geminid.

Ok, I guess thats a Troll + magic + chaff list

I'm curious as to why the regular fanatics when you've only got one blob of grots. It's going to be obvious where they'll spring from.

56 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

I'm curious as to why the regular fanatics when you've only got one blob of grots. It's going to be obvious where they'll spring from.

Yeah, doesn't matter. Still mess up opponent charge phase, open deep striking option, can add unexpected 5 model to a constested objective. They do 12 rend 2 damage and always strike first. 

The only game they did nothing was when 9 stormfiend oblitarate the 40 goblin in shooting in T1 :D 

• Thanks 1

Thoughts on this for 2k? Unsure on artifact choice and not sure if skrag is worth it if he's not the general:

-could drop snufflers and skragg for arachnarok webspinner. 

- could drop skrag for fungoid then have 130 points to play with (more fanatics?) 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
- Trait: Dead Shouty
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Vindictive Glare
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction

Battleline
20 x Shootas (120)
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
20 x Shootas (120)
- 3x Barbed Nets

Units
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Malevolent Moon (40)
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Quicksilver Swords (30)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 196

11 hours ago, Thorstine said:

not sure if skrag is worth it if he's not the general

Do you really need Dead Shouty in your list? You'll have tons and tons of CP with your list.

I would either make one of your casters the general and give him the ability to use the Loonboss CA to have some redundancy (as it seems quite important to your list and loosing your loonboss hurts a lot), or make Skragrott your general.

17 hours ago, Thorstine said:

Thoughts on this for 2k? Unsure on artifact choice and not sure if skrag is worth it if he's not the general:

The list looks pretty competitive for gloomspite.  If you're looking for changes I'd add some loonsmashas to hide in the shootas and teleport into their backline. Skragrott's always performed well for me, the 2 casts and +1 dispels alone make him worth it. I usually take the cauldron with him because +2/3 to cast and dispel makes magic more one sided.

20 hours ago, novakai said:

Rippa Snarlfang warscroll is out, they have the gloomspite keyword

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos_rippas_snarlfangs_en.pdf

not sure if this is long term but hey why not

Might be situationally worth playing these guys?

Bad:

- Shooting is worthless.

- Unique, so can only take the one.

- Worst wounds per cost unit in the book. They're going to die 25% quicker than a min sized unit of Hoppers.

Good:

- Per point,  average melee damage is on a par with Boingrot Bounderz (better against save - and 6, worse against save 5 or less)

- Move 12, that's guaranteed (no roll), and double distance pile in.

So, glass cannon objective stealers to take over Hoppers if you want a big more punch, reliable movement and don't care about them instantly dieing.

16 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I just saw the 3d pics of Rippas crew and DAMN those are awesome!!

Throw them in with Gloomspite as just another aspect of Grots, I dont care, but can we please get these fellas expanded upon!!?? 

Am I right?

I'd love a legit kit box of 5 with spear, sword, and bow options!!

yeah if they where a unit of 5 with those attack profile and the ferocious pounce ability at 90-100pts or so they be a really good unit.

their profile is stronger and faster then spider rider (if you don't take into consideration the venom fang) if they where a full unit

• Like 1

Is there any good reasons or thought son taking Squig hoppers over Boingrot Bounderz? I plan on getting the christmas battleforce box to add my budding grot force but I don't plan on running a mono-squigs list. For 10pts less all I can see is they move abit faster and can be battleline, but apart from that the bounderz just seem better in every way.

5 hours ago, Zadolix said:

Is there any good reasons or thought son taking Squig hoppers over Boingrot Bounderz? I plan on getting the christmas battleforce box to add my budding grot force but I don't plan on running a mono-squigs list. For 10pts less all I can see is they move abit faster and can be battleline, but apart from that the bounderz just seem better in every way.

I 've tried hard building around them but the difference it's just too big. Riders almost doesnt exist damage wise, worse bravery ( which was already bad to begin with ) 2 saves less  AND their ability works per MODEL which is the final shot to the "maybe I can use them". You can't. Not if you want to have a good fight ( unless the opponent also takes the most random units that are as weak as they can etc ) It is a shame but it is what it is

How do y’all feel about Squig Gobbas? Their stats don’t seem bad nowadays. Was making something in 40k and thought about using the Ogor Scraplaunchers to convert so Squig Gobbas. Same base, cheaper price, just need to put squigs in the basket, replace the Rhinox head with a squiggly one (Great Wooly Squiggoth,) and some Moonclan Grots on the base/Chariot.

Mostly want the Grots from the Scraplauncha for a 40k conversion, but I don’t like wasting bits.

15 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

How do y’all feel about Squig Gobbas? Their stats don’t seem bad nowadays. Was making something in 40k and thought about using the Ogor Scraplaunchers to convert so Squig Gobbas. Same base, cheaper price, just need to put squigs in the basket, replace the Rhinox head with a squiggly one (Great Wooly Squiggoth,) and some Moonclan Grots on the base/Chariot.

Mostly want the Grots from the Scraplauncha for a 40k conversion, but I don’t like wasting bits.

I ordered a couple after asking about them a few pages back, and have since had a chance to run them three times.  Honestly, they aren't as excellent as I hoped.  They're fun and fill a niche nothing in the book does, but they end up not having the rend needed to get through more durable, key support models.  They do work against fragile, minor characters, but the minute you face a Fyreslayer or Stormcast (heck, even Ironjaws) character, you're putting 320pts (if you take two) to kill a single character every 2-3 turns.

Their being better anti-horde is irrelevant as Gitz have no problems vs. low-armor hordes already.

Cool model, fun to paint, and fun to run in more casual games, but just outside of usability at competitive levels.

14 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Just ordered myself a loonshrine. How do you guys transport yours? Do parts like the cages break off it easily?

I magnetized mine, haven't had any issues with the cages or anything. I will say the thing is massive enough it takes up a lot of room in my carrying case.