AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Wait am I seeing this or did the grots get a new Squig’s that looks like a sniffing Dog?!?😳🤔

(bottom left picture under the manager squik)

Good catch. Probably an updated loonboss model to keep the Skarsnik model playable.

2 minutes ago, froo said:

Good catch. Probably an updated loonboss model to keep the Skarsnik model playable.

I think it’s a new unit. The squig battalion talks about sniffer units or something. 

Edit- Sorry it’s in one of the photos. They are called Sneaky Snufflers. 

Edited by Caladancid

I really like the different details and shapes of Troggoths and Squigs. 

The main reason I collect Destruction forces instead of Order, Death or Chaos is the huge number of beasts and monsters. 

I mean Chaos also has a lot of beasts and monsters. But the Destruction monsters are uncorrupted, wild and more naturalistic compared to Chaos monsters.  I like the new models a lot, because they try to expand on those naturalistic themes (fungus for example).

I think they really hit the nail with what Destruction armies should be about (at least for me). I am so excited about all those miniatures.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

So the page of the centipede is not previewed... 

For now I like the trogloth boss, the new trogloths and the mangler... we will see what else they have to us

So the shape for the speculated centipede is a different shape than the Trogboss? Can anyone identify if the shape of the Centipede is similar to the Trogboss? I have seen speculations that the "centipede" might be the Dankhold Trogboss, so I discarded the idea of a giant centipede.

Edited by Infeston

A bit disappointed with the new "rockgut troggoths". They're not bad minis, but compared with the old ones, I think they lack character.

Alas, it was a matter of time for the old rock trolls to disappear -they've been there since Fourth Edition, which I think speaks volumes about how cool those models were-  but I hoped for replacements that either looked closely like the originals, or have at least as much character in their own unique way.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I compared the pictures of the centipede with the Trogboss and also the picture with the Rockgut Troggoth.

It very much seems like the "centipede" is the Trogboss and not a centipede. The picture with the Rockgut Troggoths is the same as in the video where they flip the pages. In the video you can also see that the centipede is on the page after the Rockgut Troggoths. 

But in the picture which displays the Rockgut Troggoths you can clearly see that the next page after the Rockgut Troggoths show the Dankhold Troggboss.

Edited by Infeston

7 minutes ago, Infeston said:

So the shape for the speculated centipede is a different shape than the Trogboss? Can anyone identify if the shape of the Centipede is similar to the Trogboss? I have seen speculations that the "centipede" might be the Dankhold Trogboss, so I discarded the idea of a giant centipede.

Trogboss seems to stand straight, I think it's different model than that centipede thingie.

On 12/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ungface said:

Also, some sketchy stuff here:

1545850772810.jpg

25 minutes ago, Morhgoz said:

Trogboss seems to stand straight, I think it's different model than that centipede thingie.

I don't think so. If you look at the blurry picture you can see that there are the three Rockgut Troggoths on the left page and the "centipede" on the right page. If you look at the other Rockgut Troggoth picture, you can see them on the left page and also that the right page is about the Dankhold Trogboss. 

Also I think you can identify the shape of a giant hammer in the blurred picture. 

I might also be wrong. But for me its seems very clear that the "centipede" is the Dankhold Trogboss.

Let's see what others think about this.

Edited by Infeston

26 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I might also be wrong. But for me its seems very clear that the "centipede" is the Dankhold Trogboss.

Let's see what others think about this.

Yeah, I agree.  I have said a few times that I am not sure about the whole centipede thing and I would not at all be surprised if the picture turned out to be something people were not expecting.  There is an S shaped smudge in that blurry picture, but I am not sold that it is definitively a centipede as there is just too much else blurred out.

I would be fine with centipedes, but I am just not sure that is something they would do.

Sooo does this mean that the Dankhold Trogboss might be the biggest "humanoid" individidual in GA: Destruction, which is not some sort of beast?

I mean he seems to be bigger than an Orruk, Ogor or Grot. I don't know if a giant is bigger. But all the other big Destruction models and leader models are often big creatures with Orruks, Ogors or Grots riding on top.  The leaders are not big on their own and instead ride on something big.

But the Trogboss might be the biggest individual Hero model with brain cells (I mean more brain cells like the instinct-driven animals) in Destruction.

Edit: Some of the trolls might also be useful if you are playing in Ghur and need wandering monsters for the realm rules in Ghur (if you play with wandering monsters in Ghur)

Edited by Infeston

Did the Scuttlings made it in to the army release?

it be kind of weird if they didn't since this would have the best moment for GW to release them  separately from Silver tower. but I have seen anything that would suggest that they are part of the Gloomspite.

5 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Sooo does this mean that the Dankhold Trogboss might be the biggest "humanoid" individidual in GA: Destruction, which is not some sort of beast?

I mean he seems to be bigger than an Orruk, Ogor or Grot. Maybe a giant might be bigger. But all the other big Destruction models and leader models are big creatures with Orruks, Ogors or Grots riding on top. 

But the Trogboss might be the biggest Hero model with brain cells (I mean more brain cells like the instinct-driven animals) in Destruction.

I think the Trogg Hag is maybe of similar size to the TroggBoss.

if you could still use the Son of Behemat battalion and use the Bonegrinder giant as the Gargant King, then he probably bigger

30 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Is there a link someone could pm or send me the pics, I just missed out as they were all deleted!

There is closed facebook group called Gloomspite Gitz, if you use facebook... Some of the pics can be found from AgeofSigmar subreddit.

22 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I mean he seems to be bigger than an Orruk, Ogor or Grot. I don't know if a giant is bigger. But all the other big Destruction models and leader models are often big creatures with Orruks, Ogors or Grots riding on top.  The leaders are not big on their own and instead ride on something big.

But the Trogboss might be the biggest individual Hero model with brain cells (I mean more brain cells like the instinct-driven animals) in Destruction.

Edit: Some of the trolls might also be useful if you are playing in Ghur and need wandering monsters for the realm rules in Ghur (if you play with wandering monsters in Ghur)

Pretty sure that Gargants still hold that title.  Definitely if you include the Bonegrinder Gargantant from Forgeworld.

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Today’s article about the stuff for preorder next week says that cave squigs come 10 in a box and have 20 faces available in the kit.  That is a pretty tremendous amount of variety and it makes me very very happy.

We also got a new model reveal, kind of. The Scaremonger:

GloomspitePreOrder-Dec30-Warscrolls-Cont

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morhgoz said:

Article also mentioned Stabbas and Shootas, so it seems moonclan grot mob gets several entries in style of bonesplitters, so we will probably have 2-3 units from one box.

Jeah they seem to come out of the Moon Shrine. For me it seems a missed opportunity if you can only revive Stabbas and Shootas with the loonshrine. Would have been cool if Squigs could also emerge from the cave. But the wording suggests this will be only possible for stabbas and shootas.