AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

23 hours ago, Malakree said:

@yowsaman14 totally agree with@Malakithe  on this. You could drop him and 3 fellwaters to get 6 rockguts instead and still have 80 points float. 

wy is he not worth his points? is a troghboss better solo?

i was thinking of these two lists then:

- skagrott (general) 220p

- webspinner shaman on arachnorak 280p

- loonboss on mangler squig 280p

-stabba's 130p

- squig herd 70p

- squig herd 70p

- mangler squig 240p

- 10 boungrot bounderz 200p

- rokgutt troggoths 140p

- 10 squig hoppers 180

- fell water troggoths 150p

endless spell:

- arachnorak cauldron 40p

total 2000 points

OR

- dankhold troghboss (general) 270p

- fungoind cave shaman 90p

-stabba's 130p

- mangler squig 240p

- rokgutt troggoths 140p

- 10 squig hoppers 180

endless spell:

- arachnorak cauldron 40p

total 2000 points

what do you guy's think?

48 minutes ago, yowsaman14 said:

wy is he not worth his points? is a troghboss better solo?

The issue with the normal Dankhold Troggoth, as opposed to the Troggboss, is that it's damage is incredibly unreliable, it's support is already provided by the Troggboss and it's survivability is pretty bad all for a ridiculous points cost. At 60 points more than 3 Rockguts you get 2 less wounds, +1 save but lose the 5++. The Troggboss at least brings the RR1's CA and can be given artefacts, best example for that would be Ghyrstrike on a Troggboss making his 4 club attacks 2+/2+/-2/d6.

If you're looking at bring a normal dankhold you're better off saving 50 points and getting 3 fellwaters or stumping up the extra 80 to get 6 rockguts. The exception is if it's your first dankhold in which case it should be a Troggboss not a normal one.

Can I ask, what exactly is it you want out of your list and how competitive is the Meta you're going into. This heavily impacts how I'm going to end up critiquing the lists. 

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

The issue with the normal Dankhold Troggoth, as opposed to the Troggboss, is that it's damage is incredibly unreliable, it's support is already provided by the Troggboss and it's survivability is pretty bad all for a ridiculous points cost. At 60 points more than 3 Rockguts you get 2 less wounds, +1 save but lose the 5++. The Troggboss at least brings the RR1's CA and can be given artefacts, best example for that would be Ghyrstrike on a Troggboss making his 4 club attacks 2+/2+/-2/d6.

If you're looking at bring a normal dankhold you're better off saving 50 points and getting 3 fellwaters or stumping up the extra 80 to get 6 rockguts. The exception is if it's your first dankhold in which case it should be a Troggboss not a normal one.

Can I ask, what exactly is it you want out of your list and how competitive is the Meta you're going into. This heavily impacts how I'm going to end up critiquing the lists. 

well i will play mainly against friends for the moment. who do have some semi competetive lists. there a couple of them that do tournament. i myself wont be going to tournemants for the moment. but that can be an option later on if i geth some more experience with my army. so i would also like to know if the list could hold his own in a tournament enviroment. (it does not need to win it :) )

1 hour ago, yowsaman14 said:

well i will play mainly against friends for the moment. who do have some semi competetive lists. there a couple of them that do tournament. i myself wont be going to tournemants for the moment. but that can be an option later on if i geth some more experience with my army. so i would also like to know if the list could hold his own in a tournament enviroment. (it does not need to win it :) )

Ok so semi-competitive.

Gloomspite as an army plays what we call Keyword bingo, you're essentially trying to pull off various synergies in order to make the army more powerful. While this is true at some level for most armies Gloomspite is probably the most extreme example you will find. The result of this is that a lot of our units are mediocre on their own and really only become good (or in some cases usable) when you're hitting bingo. I'll give a quick run down of the units rather than going into the specifics of lists since at this stage I'd say list building needs to be personal experimentation rather than us just dropping cookie cutter lists.

Core Units - Any/most lists
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok
Webspinner Shaman
Fungoid Cave Shaman
Stabbas
Shootas

Great Units - Doesn't need the Bingo
Skragrott
Zarbag
Troggoth Hag
Loonsmasha Fanatics
Boingrot Bounders
Mollog
Madcap Shaman

Solid Units - Good but better in Bingo
6 x Rockgut Troggoths
3 x Fellwater Troggoths
Squig Herd
Sporesplatta Fanatics
Mangler Squig

Bingo!
Dankhold Troggboss
Loonboss
Loonboss on Mangler Squig
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig
Sneaky Snufflers
Spider Riders
Scuttleboss
Arachnarok with Warparty
Arachnarok with Flinger

Overcosted/There's just better
Dankhold Troggoth
Gobbapalooza
Squig Hoppers
Skitterstrand Arachnarok

Aleguzzler Garbage Tier - Just Sucks
Aleguzzler Gargant

I believe that covers everything and hopefully it helps a lot for list building. If I missed anything or you have any extra questions just ask and I'll give a more indepth answer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Ok so semi-competitive.

Gloomspite as an army plays what we call Keyword bingo, you're essentially trying to pull off various synergies in order to make the army more powerful. While this is true at some level for most armies Gloomspite is probably the most extreme example you will find. The result of this is that a lot of our units are mediocre on their own and really only become good (or in some cases usable) when you're hitting bingo. I'll give a quick run down of the units rather than going into the specifics of lists since at this stage I'd say list building needs to be personal experimentation rather than us just dropping cookie cutter lists.

Core Units - Any/most lists
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok
Webspinner Shaman
Fungoid Cave Shaman
Stabbas
Shootas

Great Units - Doesn't need the Bingo
Skragrott
Zarbag
Troggoth Hag
Loonsmasha Fanatics
Boingrot Bounders
Mollog
Madcap Shaman

Solid Units - Good but better in Bingo
6 x Rockgut Troggoths
3 x Fellwater Troggoths
Squig Herd
Sporesplatta Fanatics
Mangler Squig

Bingo!
Dankhold Troggboss
Loonboss
Loonboss on Mangler Squig
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig
Sneaky Snufflers
Spider Riders
Scuttleboss
Arachnarok with Warparty
Arachnarok with Flinger

Overcosted/There's just better
Dankhold Troggoth
Gobbapalooza
Squig Hoppers
Skitterstrand Arachnarok

Aleguzzler Garbage Tier - Just Sucks
Aleguzzler Gargant

I believe that covers everything and hopefully it helps a lot for list building. If I missed anything or you have any extra questions just ask and I'll give a more indepth answer.

well verry much tnx for the reply.

it is kinda what i had in mind and learned from playing allready.

to me the strongest units on the board has to be the manglers but i never run them without some bounders and a loonboss on a mangler for the +1 to hit.

some questions i do have:

- do you use skagrott as a general alway's? or is he his points worth as a normal leader. wich dont give acces then to the loon ability and his crown. would it not be better to just take a fungoid cave shaman then?

- i find the squig hoppers kinda usefull if you can hop over units :) they mostly distract the enemy from other units as they insanly quick if you roll well.

- how do our endless spells fair? can you use the cauldron for a webspinner shamen on a arachnorak? does it give him acces to the moonclan spells?

- i suppose you have to run a dankhold troggboss with the loonskin and the glowy howitz best?

- our bettalions are kinda overcosted i think. i like the squigelanche but at 140 points you have a troll unit.

- do you use skagrott as a general alway's? or is he his points worth as a normal leader. wich dont give acces then to the loon ability and his crown. would it not be better to just take a fungoid cave shaman then?

Fungoids and Skragrott (If he's not the general) fill two slightly different roles.
Skragrott gets +1 to cast on his 2 spells/unbinds which is really important in the current meta.
He has a really solid Unique spell, unlike the garbage Fungoid one. 
His shooting attack is basically a artillery piece.

So yeah he's worth it if not the general, if you can use him as the general I'd say he jumps up a tier but again that's situational.

EDIT: I always view those two abilities as his command traits.

- i find the squig hoppers kinda usefull if you can hop over units :) they mostly distract the enemy from other units as they insanly quick if you roll well.

Problem is they compete with the Boingrots, Stabbas/Shootas and Squig Herds all of which are in higher tiers. So they are overcosted because they compete negatively against units which are really solid in their own rights.

- how do our endless spells fair? can you use the cauldron for a webspinner shamen on a arachnorak? does it give him acces to the moonclan spells?

I didn't list them because they really are personal choice, meta, and list dependent. In addition they are in the broader endless spell category which is basically a faction of it's own atm. They are all reasonable though.

- i suppose you have to run a dankhold troggboss with the loonskin and the glowy howitz best?

Not necessarily that's probably the default setup. I'd say Loonskin is pretty much mandatory at this point although the artefact isn't as long as you have a good reason and it's a defensive artefact.

There are also a few more wacky builds on him which can be hilarious but are much more risky. Ghyrstrike+Mighty Blow is a great example of that turning him into a wrecking ball, you probably do need a second Troggboss for that though.

- our bettalions are kinda overcosted i think. i like the squigelanche but at 140 points you have a troll unit.

The Squig Rider Stampede is solid, most of the others are slightly overcosted and very situational.

Exceptions are the Skitterstrand Nest, which sucks because Skitterstrands are bad for their cost, and the Troggherd which just plain sucks.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Fungoids and Skragrott (If he's not the general) fill two slightly different roles.
Skragrott gets +1 to cast on his 2 spells/unbinds which is really important in the current meta.
He has a really solid Unique spell, unlike the garbage Fungoid one. 
His shooting attack is basically a artillery piece.

So yeah he's worth it if not the general, if you can use him as the general I'd say he jumps up a tier but again that's situational.

EDIT: I always view those two abilities as his command traits.

Problem is they compete with the Boingrots, Stabbas/Shootas and Squig Herds all of which are in higher tiers. So they are overcosted because they compete negatively against units which are really solid in their own rights.

I didn't list them because they really are personal choice, meta, and list dependent. In addition they are in the broader endless spell category which is basically a faction of it's own atm. They are all reasonable though.

Not necessarily that's probably the default setup. I'd say Loonskin is pretty much mandatory at this point although the artefact isn't as long as you have a good reason and it's a defensive artefact.

There are also a few more wacky builds on him which can be hilarious but are much more risky. Ghyrstrike+Mighty Blow is a great example of that turning him into a wrecking ball, you probably do need a second Troggboss for that though.

The Squig Rider Stampede is solid, most of the others are slightly overcosted and very situational.

Exceptions are the Skitterstrand Nest, which sucks because Skitterstrands are bad for their cost, and the Troggherd which just plain sucks.

what makes the squigherd so much better then the hoppers?

the cost vs almost the same output damage? or do you use them differently?

using the cauldron on the arachnorak spider shaman sounds like a solid plan cause he's faster and giving more threat range to the offensive spells i think. if you give him then blessing of the spider god. you can heal him from the damage he gets from the cauldron. or is that a bad plan? and can you spend your points better?

after the info i goth i was thinking of these two list

list 1

- dankhold troghboss (general) 270p

spell: curse of the spider god

- fungoid cave shaman 90p

spell: itchy nuansive

- madcap shaman 80p

spell: squig lure

- stabba's 130p

- squig herd 70p

- squig herd 70p

- mangler squig 240p

- rokgutt troggoths 140p

total 2000 points

wound total: 144

list 2

- skagrott (general) 220p

spell: itchy naunsive

- fungoid cave shaman 90p

spell: squig lure

spell: curse of the spider god

- loonboss on giant cave squig 110p (or 5 boungrot bounderz 100p)

-stabba's 130p

- squig herd 70p

- squig herd 70p

- mangler squig 240p

- rokgutt troggoths 140p

total 1980 points

wound total: 140 

Edited by yowsaman14

2 hours ago, yowsaman14 said:

what makes the squigherd so much better then the hoppers?

the cost vs almost the same output damage? or do you use them differently?

For the Flying Cav with MW output you want bounders.
For wounds to screen you want Squig Herd or Grots.

As a request, when writing a list if you use https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ then click the ? at the top and copy from there it makes it way more readable. 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)

Units
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (140)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (240)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

I easily prefer this list because you aren't running the redundant troggboss. His power comes from buffing Troggs and you just don't have enough of them to be worth the sink. On the other hand this list gives you Skragrott at full potential with a better magic phase because of it. My only comment would be that 3 Rockguts are really mediocre, they are just to unreliable with both low attacks and only a 50/50 on their throw. You run rockguts in 6s or you run 3 fellwaters instead.

Given that you have the 20 points spare you could either spend the 10 points to go 2 sets of 3 Fellwaters or make a single unit of 6 and save yourself 10 points. Your final option would be to drop the Troggs altogether giving you 310 points spare for something else but I sense that you really just want to try them out. If you group is cool with it I'd ask them if you can proxy the troggs over a few games to understand why we say 3s for Fellwaters and 6s for rockguts ;) 

23 hours ago, yowsaman14 said:

Skagrott "imo" is awseome hes +1 to cast an despell is just so good, i allwase go for arcain terrain if there is any and you can use one of the Gitz Endless spells to get another +1 plus the moon so he can easely cast and despell.

our Endless spell is also awesome, Scutteltide to block units, the moon spell thing to give -1 or -2 to spellcasters and D3 on a 2up, alose good i think, we have the Mushroom thas insane if you can plase it correct. imo,

i have had gread success with our endless spells and i have in my list the scutteltide, moon and Mushroom plus the one for 10p that despell aswell.

20 hours ago, Malakree said:

For the Flying Cav with MW output you want bounders.
For wounds to screen you want Squig Herd or Grots.

As a request, when writing a list if you use https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ then click the ? at the top and copy from there it makes it way more readable. 

I easily prefer this list because you aren't running the redundant troggboss. His power comes from buffing Troggs and you just don't have enough of them to be worth the sink. On the other hand this list gives you Skragrott at full potential with a better magic phase because of it. My only comment would be that 3 Rockguts are really mediocre, they are just to unreliable with both low attacks and only a 50/50 on their throw. You run rockguts in 6s or you run 3 fellwaters instead.

Given that you have the 20 points spare you could either spend the 10 points to go 2 sets of 3 Fellwaters or make a single unit of 6 and save yourself 10 points. Your final option would be to drop the Troggs altogether giving you 310 points spare for something else but I sense that you really just want to try them out. If you group is cool with it I'd ask them if you can proxy the troggs over a few games to understand why we say 3s for Fellwaters and 6s for rockguts ;) 

well i could also leave the loonboss on his giant squig and take another mangler. chace the fungoid for a mad cap shaman

swap them with another 3 rockgut throlls and go for an endless spell.

the cauldron or the moon. wich one would be best?

would that be a good idea?

that would give me this list

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Curse of da Spider God
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 4x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Malevolent Moon (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 148

Edited by yowsaman14

8 minutes ago, Malakree said:

@yowsaman14 again I'd say, ask your group if they will let you do a minor proxy. You definitely want to build the second mangler as a loonboss on mangler.

Again though, both these lists seem reasonable. I'm guessing at this point you are after trying as many of the different units as possible? 

they wont mind if i proxy models.

the thing is i like alot of units from the army. but i know you cant use them all if you wanna be a little competetive at one point. i learned that playing 40k tournaments alot :)

that's why i switched to age of sigmar (after playing warhammer orc's and goblins for a long time, untill they blew up the world). i just want to be able to play most units and still be semi competitive and have fun.

2 hours ago, yowsaman14 said:

they wont mind if i proxy models.

the thing is i like alot of units from the army. but i know you cant use them all if you wanna be a little competetive at one point. i learned that playing 40k tournaments alot :)

that's why i switched to age of sigmar (after playing warhammer orc's and goblins for a long time, untill they blew up the world). i just want to be able to play most units and still be semi competitive and have fun.

Ok, for soup grots are your back bone. I'd recommend a unit of 60 stabbas and 2 units of 20 shootas. Then take a loonboss, for his CA, and a fungoid with great green spite. 

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite

Battleline
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)
60 x Stabbas (360)

Total: 760 / 2000
Wounds: 109

From there add whatever you want using the bingo table as a loose guide and you have a reasonable army!

Hi guys,

I'd really appreciate your opinion on my Gloomspite List. I don't want to be tabled by everyone I meet, but I'm also following the rule of cool and building a list based on a variety of kits I want to paint. The plan is for an initial 1000 points, expanding to 2000 points later on:

Loonboss on Mangler Squig - 280

5 Boingrot Bounders - 100

5 Squig Hoppers - 90

Fungoid Cave Shaman - 90

20 Stabbas - 130

5 Loonsmasha Fanatics - 140

Squig Gobba - 160

Total - 990 points

I figure this has a mix of everything to compete in all phases of the game. Expanding to 2000 I'd be looking to bring in a Colossal Squig, some Troggoths and double up on the Hoppers and Bounders. Is this list a complete disaster?

Thanks in advance

- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (280)
- Artefact: Totem of the Spider God 
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (100)
- General
- Trait: Monstrous Mount 
- Artefact: The Black Fang 
Loonboss (70)
60 x Stabbas (360)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
10 x Spider Riders (200)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
Spider Rider Skittermob (120)
Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (40)
Scuttletide (30)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (90)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 163

What are your thoughts on this list? 

Scuttleboss as suicide general and to make spiders available as battle line. After he dies skrag takes the wheel. Magic support from skrag and the arachnadok shaman, dishing out mortals and hand of gorking the stabbas into position if necessary. 

Spiders try to clean the board but die quickly and aim more to take objectives. 

Thanks in advance, this community is amazing! 

Edit: after scuttleboss dies and I name skragrot as general, may I use his ability to manipulate the moon? Thought this might be my over 9000 start because I really need him flirting with the moon not before the 3rd battle round... 

Edited by Keilerei

3 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

@Malakree

Thanks for that God-Tier post, out of curiosity where would you put the Colossal Squig in your list?

Disclaimer: I deliberately didn't include the forgeworld stuff because it's more expensive and niche.

That said, hag is tier 2 and colossal is teir 2. I don't have any experience on the squig gobba but at a guess tier 2.5 because of its unique function and threat potential, that comes from my experience with spear chukkas so grain of salt.

Edited by Malakree

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of help starting a gloomspite army. I’m currently making a list for a 500 point escalation league and torn between a couple of options. I want to make stabbas the backbone of the army.

1. Horde! Loonboss - 60x Stabbas - Snufflers

2. Less Horde: Loonboss - 40x Stabbas - Snufflers - Boingrot Bounders

Do you guys think the first list would work? Or would i have obvious issues? Any other options? Thanks!

17 hours ago, MmGloomm said:

2. Less Horde: Loonboss - 40x Stabbas - Snufflers - Boingrot Bounders

Do you guys think the first list would work? Or would i have obvious issues? Any other options? Thanks!

The first list will probably make everyone hate you at 500 pts! You'll be spending time rolling a lot of dice and not be doing a whole lot of actual wargaming per se (unless you count moving a blob up and tarpitting everything it runs into as a wargame).

The second one's similar, but I'd say the addition of boingrots will make it a lot more interesting to both play against and and with. You've got a flanking unit now, one you can buff to a pretty intimidating state with your snufflers.  This is the one I'd go for personally.

I'll also recommend playing to a goal of 1k Meeting Engagements, maxing out at a table size of 4x3.

Fellow Bad Moon lovers, I would like to get your opinions on what route I should go to update my list. I have won a tournament and placed 6th with the best destruction at a GT with this list:

GHB18 List:

Spoiler

- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: Call da Moon
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Loonboss (70)
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder 
Loonboss (70)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Spiker (48)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
Gobbapalooza (110)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Malevolent Moon (40)
Quicksilver Swords (30)
Scuttletide (30)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2030 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 178

I would like to update that list and bring it into GHB19 with the new faq changes. I was thinking of a few approaches. 

Approach one, keep the Gobbapalooza. I like these little ******, they give a bunch of buffs to your grots which can be helpful at times. Also, people don't seem to know what to do against them, and it is just target saturation for the enemy. However, at 310 points, I think I could find more utility in my army in its current configuration. In the spirit of keeping the Gobbapalooza this is the updated list that I have been running since the FAQ:

Spoiler

- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Webspinner Shaman (80)
Loonboss (70)
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
6 x Squig Herd (70)
1 x Boggleye (48)
1 x Brewgit (48)
1 x Scaremonger (48)
1 x Shroomancer (48)
1 x Spiker (48)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
Gobbapalooza (110)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Malevolent Moon (40)
Scuttletide (30)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 170

Approach number two, maximize the effectiveness of the grots. Instead of dropping the extra Loonboss I keep him, drop the palooza, two units of 60 and two units of spore splattas.List:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Hysh
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Webspinner Shaman (80)
Loonboss (70)
Loonboss (70)
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Malevolent Moon (40)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 190

The third approach is to add some rock-loving trolls into the mix. The question here is, do I get more by including 6 rockguts or a loonboss and extra grots. I want to include the rockguts, but I don't know if that will make the rest of the list suffer. Additionally, I could drop the 20 man unit of grots for a squig herd and add purple sun in.List:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Hysh
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: Call da Moon
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Webspinner Shaman (80)
- Lore of the Spiderfangs: Sneaky Distraction
Loonboss (70)
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder 
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 9x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- 1x Badmoon Icon Bearers
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 6x Barbed Nets
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
- 3x Barbed Nets
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Malevolent Moon (40)
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 184

Overall this is a long post, but I would like to get everyone's thoughts or if I am just crazy on some mushrooms.