Mangler Squigs (240)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Squigalanche (90)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 182

¡Hola! Writing from Spain. I have a doubt, hope you can help me. A unit of Sneaky Snufflers can only buff once? I mean, with one unit of Snufflers could I buff twice the same unit of stabbas (with the penalty)? Or should I use two units of Snufflers? 

6 hours ago, pacoxo said:

¡Hola! Writing from Spain. I have a doubt, hope you can help me. A unit of Sneaky Snufflers can only buff once? I mean, with one unit of Snufflers could I buff twice the same unit of stabbas (with the penalty)? Or should I use two units of Snufflers? 

My understanding is it’s one buff per unit of Snufflers, so 2 units to buff something twice. Happy be be shown otherwise tho 

2 hours ago, Matt Large said:

My understanding is it’s one buff per unit of Snufflers, so 2 units to buff something twice. Happy be be shown otherwise tho 

This is correct.  The ability can stack onto a single unit, hence why it talks about damaging units when stacking.  But nothing in the ability text allows you to trigger the ability more than once from a single unit of Snufflers.  So in order to stack multiple snuffler buffs onto a unit you need more than one unit of snufflers.  Honestly, they should reword this ability so that this is explicitly mentioned in the ability just for clarity.

11 hours ago, Rangeltoft said:

Random thought:

If i have a Skulkmob horde, can i add Loonsmasha Fanatics that are not part of the battalion to a unit of stabbas inside the battalion?

lets say the battalion consists of: 40xstabbas,40xstabbas,20xstabbas,5xLoonsmashas,5xSporesplattas x2. Can i then add more Loonsmashas to the two units that don´t hide the one from the battalion?

/Cheers Rangeltoft

You should be able to.  Nothing in the rules for army construction or the battalion prevents you from doing so.

How would you optimally deploy your Loonshrine during the Starstrike Battleplan? This analysis is my take on an optimal Loonshrine placement that does not take into account terrain nor tournament specific rules preventing terrain placement close to objectives.

Do you choose placement A or placement B?

Placement A provides you with more board control by placing in the middle allowing more flexibility to adjust on where the stars may fall. While providing you with 6" buffer if the second round star falls in the center, and 2.75" buffer on turn three if the objective does not land center on your side of the board.

Or do you gamble and choose placement B? Placement B gives you 100% coverage on two possible star falls, but can leave you out of position should the start fall on the opposite side you place on. 

I believe placement A in the clear optimal choice to place the Loonshrine, however, depending on terrain and tournament rules we may be forced to take the less optimal placement B and hope Gork and Mork are smiling favorably on us.

What do you all think?

gloomspite_loonshrine_deployment_starstrike.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dasnation said:

How would you optimally deploy your Loonshrine during the Starstrike Battleplan? This analysis is my take on an optimal Loonshrine placement that does not take into account terrain nor tournament specific rules preventing terrain placement close to objectives.

Do you choose placement A or placement B?

Placement A provides you with more board control by placing in the middle allowing more flexibility to adjust on where the stars may fall. While providing you with 6" buffer if the second round star falls in the center, and 2.75" buffer on turn three if the objective does not land center on your side of the board.

Or do you gamble and choose placement B? Placement B gives you 100% coverage on two possible star falls, but can leave you out of position should the start fall on the opposite side you place on. 

I believe placement A in the clear optimal choice to place the Loonshrine, however, depending on terrain and tournament rules we may be forced to take the less optimal placement B and hope Gork and Mork are smiling favorably on us.

What do you all think?

gloomspite_loonshrine_deployment_starstrike.png

I went with A in a recent game and was very happy as it bounced to bottom left and then went NUTS and bounced about 4 more times to mid center haha. If the gamble of B played out it would be amazing but I feel like the core you can build with A is still beneficial even if the aura doesn’t quite cover the position of the objective. 

Yeah I'd be leaning A...have you figured out how many Grots you can deploy straight into the window on your two side Objectives with 2.75" to play with?

Must be at least half a dozen, which gets you straight into nicking the objective from a 5-man enemy unit?

How about the two centre objectives with B's 3" window - would that be much more? 

It's not quite a no-brainer, because you are talking about deploying straight onto 4 Objectives either way.  With A, you are effectively giving up any chance of deploying straight onto 2 of the 3 centre Objectives.  The upside being that you can have more flexibility to pressure any objective thereafter.

The other thing to consider is that you can set up the Shrine on one side, deploy around it for Battleshock protection, then Hand of Gork or run one or more large units across to the other side of the board in the first couple of turns.  So you have proactively covered one side with bodies, and reactively covered one side with the shrine.

With A you can completely dominate 1 of your 3, have some chance of your the other 2 of your 3, and have a very good chance of 1 of the central 3

-> With flexibility to challenge all 6 if you recycle early enough

With B you can completely dominate 2 of your 3, and have a decent chance at 2 of the central 3

-> With flexibility to dominate 4 of the 6 even if you recycle late

So I think it boils down to:

- Will you be losing your units early enough in the game for the extra flexibility from  A to matter (so you at least get the chance to move them after recycling them).  i.e. do you have at least one unit of 20 Grots, or a unit of 40 that you will be flinging away unsupported?

- How many extra models can you get in the slightly larger 3" bubbles in B - will this help you auto-steal in enough circumstances where the 2.75" bubble would not?

From going through that process, starting out with a preference for A, I think I've almost convinced myself that I prefer B.  

A at first looks like the smart choice, because you have extra flexbility, but it's actually got its own risks.  Because you can't deploy straight onto 2 of the 3 central Objectives, you are potentially putting yourself up against it if you don't get your recycled Grots back until late game.

I think it will come down to your specific build and how the enemy deploys, but in a lot of cases it might be beneficial to choose one side and have a plan for the other, than set up in the middle and leave yourself depending on recycling early enough to benefit....Since it's 4 objectives that are in scope either way?

Either way, I love your work @dasnation!

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone. With book out for a while i guess alot of you have got a real Nice feel for the army. 

With that said.  How does this army perform att 1k? Is there any good builds that work well? What is your personal experience? 

I'm asking because I want to start a 1k project as a second army. And I love the models of this army! 

Share your lists/experience! Would love some help! 😊

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Hi everyone. With book out for a while i guess alot of you have got a real Nice feel for the army. 

With that said.  How does this army perform att 1k? Is there any good builds that work well? What is your personal experience? 

I'm asking because I want to start a 1k project as a second army. And I love the models of this army! 

Share your lists/experience! Would love some help! 😊

It seems that right now Grot spam is really good and probably our best build. 

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
- Trait: Dead Shouty 
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of Moonclan: Hand of Gork 

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
40 x Stabbas (260)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields

Units
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 126

Something like that, basically flood the board with bodies, setup on an objective then use the Loonboss CA with the +2 attacks from snufflers/sporesplattas to make your grots vicious.

4 minutes ago, Malakree said:

It seems that right now Grot spam is really good and probably our best build. 

Something like that, basically flood the board with bodies, setup on an objective then use the Loonboss CA with the +2 attacks from snufflers/sporesplattas to make your grots vicious.

Hmmm! I like the look of one big blob...but two? 

Is there a way to build them effectivly with 60 stabbas? Using the other 260p elsewhere? 

Thanks for the help! 

Edited by Kimbo

9 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Hmmm! I like the look of one big blob...but two? 

Is there a way to build them effectivly with 60 stabbas? Using the other 260p elsewhere? 

Thanks for the help! 

No idea. Honestly I'm extrapolating from my own experience as a Grot+Trogg player at 2k, comments from other people on here, Ritches 3rd place list for BOBO and his commentary on a podcast afterwards.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Ritches 3rd place list for BOBO and his commentary on a podcast afterwards.

Justsaying has us at T2 fellow loonbosses! time for us to all build 160 grots and win some events :) Last 2 episodes have been very good. If podcasts are your thing, give them a listen.

http://podcast.justplaygames.uk/5-0-at-bobo-gloomspite-gitz-list-tech-with-ritchie

http://podcast.justplaygames.uk/ritchies-5-0-fyreslayers-at-6-nations-slaanesh-chat-and-current-tier-list

Justsaying Podcast Age of Sigmar Tier List June 2019

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 2

Haven't listened to that latest episode yet, but the GG one was excellent. 

I'm a big fan of the show generally, definitely my favourite competitive podcast currently. 

They do a great job.  I particularly like the Battletome reviews, because they are more focused on analysis and adding value than reading the book out to you from cover to cover which is a trap others can sometimes fall into.

Side note: are there any plans for WSD to start putting out content @svnvaldez?  I'd love to hear Frank behind a mic!

As for the rankings, I think that's a fair spot for GG?  Difficult to argue that the armies they have above us aren't in a stronger position overall currently. 

(I'd also have Nurgle slightly higher than they do, up with the likes of SCE and Sylvaneth, but that's a different matter).

Hey! Finished updating my first 1k squig list to be a bit more wellrounded!

Would squigs stand a chance at being competitive?

++ *Pitched Battle* 2,000 (Destruction - Gloomspite Gitz) [1000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Fungoid Cave-Shaman:

Squig Lure

Loonboss on Mangler Squigs:

Fight Another Day,

Doppelganger Cloak,

General

+ Battleline +

Squig Herd : 6x

Squig Herd : 6x

Stabbas: 20 Stabbas

+ Other +

Boingrot Bounders : 10x

Loonsmasha Fanatics: 5x

Edited by uratourist
format

On 6/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, PlasticCraic said:

Side note: are there any plans for WSD to start putting out content @svnvaldez?  I'd love to hear Frank behind a mic!

Maybe one day but we don't play even close to enough to justify a podcast! We burned out hard after making our ITC run and then we lost some local TOs who were running regular small events. There were about 10 of us who were playing all the time. Now there are only 2-4 who play sometimes.

Fest2019-Sat15-GenHandBook3ijcd.jpg

I'm super excited about this picture thou. Hopefully the tournament templates and meeting engagement make it easier for TOs to run events and then maybe the small 16-24 monthly tournaments that kept everyone energized will come back.

Edited by svnvaldez
  • Like 1

Hey there. 

I got myself some looncurse boxes for my sylvaneth and was therefore thinking of starting a squig only gloomspite army. Any thoughts on this list?

300 Loonboss on Mangler squig- general fight another day

80 Fungoid cave shaman- squig lure

80 Fungoid cave shaman- teleport maybe? Or fight last?

70 squig herd x5

70 squig herd x5

200 boingrot bounderz x10

200 boingrot bounderz x10

Would this be at all effective or fun to play? It seems a bit one dimensional. I don't think if ever build for more than 1000 points.

Rules question:

I'm da boss now stab em good.

Are we able to use this ability multiple times in the same combat phase? 

E.g. 1 loonboss. 2 units of 20 grots wholly  within 12. Have lots of cammand points to spend. Spend 2 command points to use the ability on both! 

2 hours ago, GlitzFan said:

Rules question:

I'm da boss now stab em good.

Are we able to use this ability multiple times in the same combat phase? 

E.g. 1 loonboss. 2 units of 20 grots wholly  within 12. Have lots of cammand points to spend. Spend 2 command points to use the ability on both! 

Yes.

2 hours ago, Frowny said:

80 Fungoid cave shaman- squig lure

80 Fungoid cave shaman- teleport maybe? Or fight last?

Fungoids are 90. Oh and always take hand of Gork, it's the best spell in the book even if you never cast it.

2 hours ago, Frowny said:

Would this be at all effective or fun to play? It seems a bit one dimensional. I don't think if ever build for more than 1000 points.

I'd imagine it's a bit 1 dimensional, you're looking to get the charge then ruin your opponent in that charge/charge phase, there ars some subtle tricks you can do but thats about it. You're lacking the bodies to really do anything else.

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Question, do the two wizards from the Gobalapooza gain access to spell lore?

Can they cast endless spells?

Thanks. 

they can't cast spells from the Moonclan lore because you need the HERO keyword to do so

but they can cast Endless spells

• Like 1