AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

8 hours ago, RandyRyan said:

Hello everyone. I'm debating starting up GG, ideally with 1000 points of mostly Squigs.

Would an army mostly made up of a Loonboss on Mangler Squig, a Gargant and a bunch of Squigs be ok on the battlefield? I have no idea of the rules.

Cheers!

Gargants are bad. Squigs are solid though.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)

Units
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100)

Total: 980 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 90

This would give you a solid 1k force that scales up well, it's also not "to" expensive.

If you can find someone to go 40-60 on the new box (there is £80 of sylvaneth and only £60 of gloomspite) you would also get most of what you need.

Gloomspite portion of new box is loonboss on giant squig, 12 squig herd, 10 bounderz. 

So you'd only need a fungoid, manglerboss and 1 more squig herd box to complete the list!

It would be entirely squigs except 1 model and even the fungoid has a spore squig with him 😁

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 2

Better start with 2 halves then, that gives you more for the buck and more options while a solid squig oriented start. Then just add One or 2 loonboos on Mangler squig and some HQ (wizzards essentially or King). This is the cheapest way to get a supper themed gloomspit army! (and not that weak either :P )

10 minutes ago, Nickmoss90 said:

Where are people getting this £50 Gitz value from. I got 72.50...

They aren't counting the heroes in both scenarios. Its 80 for just the sylv troops, not including new hero, so 50 for gitz plus whatever new squig boss is worth.

Edited by Jagd

@Malakree sounded like a bit of an up and down tournament for you. What armies did you face? I do like the reworked list, what are your thoughts with the troggboss and trolls? You said the chukkas did well, that is good to hear, I plan on bringing some.

I went 2-1 in the small ITC tournament this last weekend. Was playing for 1st against another Gloomspite player but I made some mistakes, and he was the better player and took advantage of the openings. I won a close game against a good Nurgle list, crushed dispossessed, and I believe I was in control of the match against Gloom till the last turn. I struggled killing things with this list, except for the dispossessed, I don't know if I am just spread out too much or if I should mass one side of the board and bomb everything with squigs. I have a game against DOK today, so I'll try to be hyper-aggressive and concentrated. I felt like my big issue was bodies and being able to withstand and hold an objective effectively. In two of the three games, I mostly lost everything to keep the objectives which put me behind in kill points. Not being able to sustain long enough, potentially lost me the third game.

The list I used:
Mortal Realm: Ghur
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day 
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
- Moon-cutta
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
Colossal Squig (300)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 190

I like running squigs and have a lot of fun with them. I think I am going to try and be a bit more aggressive and see how that plays out. Swap Hand of Gork with Itchy Nuisance. Regardless of how much I love the Colossal Squig, I think I can get more out of 300 points. 

List after the game with DOK, thoughts?
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- General
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Moon-cutta
24 x Squig Herd (280)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies

Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 178

If the squigs keep underperforming it might force me into taking some stabbas which I don't exactly want to do. Any suggestions on how I should be using my squigs?

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

Nope! as a bigger plastik kit, GW doesn't think so! 

Not sure what you're talking about.  There is no new price for the loonboss, so I quoted the finecast version.  For you to speculate as you did in your original post makes your estimates inaccurate.  I simply tried to relate it to the current available pricing.  

5 minutes ago, kamuffinz said:

I simply tried to relate it to the current available pricing.  

Which is not accurate because

1. the new one is bigger that the one you referenced to.

2. new platic kits a re always more expensive. The closest example of what I'm talking about is the Infernal Enrapturess of the wrath and raputure box which is 32,50eur at GW. And it is a comparable size kit in the GW way.

Just now, GeneralZero said:

Which is not accurate because

1. the new one is bigger that the one you referenced to.

2. new platic kits a re always more expensive. The closest example of what I'm talking about is the Infernal Enrapturess of the wrath and raputure box which is 32,50eur at GW. And it is a comparable size kit in the GW way.

You claiming my valuation (sourcing an existing model) is inaccurate when you're purely comparing based on the SIZE of the model doesn't make any sense to me.  Anyway, stop replying and clogging up this forum.  This isn't going to go anywhere.  

29 minutes ago, dasnation said:

@Malakree sounded like a bit of an up and down tournament for you. What armies did you face? I do like the reworked list, what are your thoughts with the troggboss and trolls? You said the chukkas did well, that is good to hear, I plan on bringing some.

I went 2-1 in the small ITC tournament this last weekend. Was playing for 1st against another Gloomspite player but I made some mistakes, and he was the better player and took advantage of the openings. I won a close game against a good Nurgle list, crushed dispossessed, and I believe I was in control of the match against Gloom till the last turn. I struggled killing things with this list, except for the dispossessed, I don't know if I am just spread out too much or if I should mass one side of the board and bomb everything with squigs. I have a game against DOK today, so I'll try to be hyper-aggressive and concentrated. I felt like my big issue was bodies and being able to withstand and hold an objective effectively. In two of the three games, I mostly lost everything to keep the objectives which put me behind in kill points. Not being able to sustain long enough, potentially lost me the third game.

The list I used:
Mortal Realm: Ghur
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day 
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
- Moon-cutta
24 x Squig Herd (280)
24 x Squig Herd (280)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
Colossal Squig (300)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 190

I like running squigs and have a lot of fun with them. I think I am going to try and be a bit more aggressive and see how that plays out. Swap Hand of Gork with Itchy Nuisance. Regardless of how much I love the Colossal Squig, I think I can get more out of 300 points. 

List after the game with DOK, thoughts?
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Moon-cutta
24 x Squig Herd (280)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies

If the squigs keep underperforming it might force me into taking some stabbas which I don't exactly want to do. Any suggestions on how I should be using my squigs?

This makes me nervous!  I was eagerly waiting to hear back about the results from your tourney.  I'm fully invested in a Squig army and hope they're viable.  Have you tried the Squig Herder Battalion, or a second Mangler?

Edited by kamuffinz

27 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

And the Suig boos is more expensive than the foot sylvaneth boss. (foot -> 20-25€ vs mounted 30+eur)

Both heroes are similar sizes and will no doubt have similar kit sizes. Even ignoring that there is no way that the loonboss is over £30 more expensive than the sylvaneth hero.

18 minutes ago, dasnation said:

Malakree sounded like a bit of an up and down tournament for you. What armies did you face? I do like the reworked list, what are your thoughts with the troggboss and trolls? You said the chukkas did well, that is good to hear, I plan on bringing some

Faced terry pike and his nurgle. I made some big errors which cost me and even then an early prio would have put me well into the game.

Game 2 was sylvaneth on starstrike. These pictures sum the game up. Woods on the board on my turn 1 and the three starstrike objectives...20190427_151630.jpg.d5f39bbf75bc8b4f27b6e1d7c188d2b5.jpg

20190427_151618.jpg.bfda2be09f27358b87b682b95432d7f0.jpg

Game 3 was against a dok player who finished 2nd from bottom. He used all his luck on my game and couldn't fail a roll for the first 2 rounds. It was brutal, he was basically invincible.

Games 4/5/6 were submarining my way back up through a bit of luck and solid gameplay.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kamuffinz said:

This makes me nervous!  I was eagerly waiting to hear back about the results from your tourney.  I'm fully invested in a Squig army and hope they're viable.  Seeing you already subbing in allies, I hope you can make this work!

I found that the spearchukkas and skragrott forced my opponent to come to me and let me neuter big threats early.

I faced a squig light army game 5, imo you need at least 3 blocks of 24 squig herd to make it work, I'd also recommend the shyish ragged cloak on your manglerboss to dodge it getting shreded before getting across the board. Everyone is going to target it and it's a really key part of your hammer. 

Played DOK today and I think it went well but lost. Played THE BETTER PART OF VALOUR Battleplan and I had way more drops than him and he was able to complete a witch charge right into my Colossal Squig and a 24 size herder unit. They obliterated the herders and put 12 wounds on the Colossal. Sadly they had more models within 6" of the objective and burnt it to the ground. On my turn, I was able to cast mushroom on his 30 size sisters of slaughter killing ten of them. I countercharged with my boingrots and loonboss on mangler. They crushed some witch elves, after the combat phase they had about six left. I was also able to get squig lure off and charged up the middle to barely capture his objective and burn it down. At that point, he had a couple of options if he was to get priority for the second turn I was out of position to counter it. So I took my chances burned down my objectives because I wouldn't be able to hold them and then prayed to Da Badmoon for the double turn. Sadly he beat me on on priority with my sweet roll of a one and lost. If I would have gotten the double turn, I was in prime position to burn his last two objectives which would have secured me the win, in the second turn while slaughtering some more elves, but that was not my fate. 

7 hours ago, kamuffinz said:

This makes me nervous!  I was eagerly waiting to hear back about the results from your tourney.  I'm fully invested in a Squig army and hope they're viable.  Have you tried the Squig Herder Battalion, or a second Mangler?

I think they are viable if you are incredibly aggressive with them. You can't hold dickall with the squigs which I believe is the problem. Right now you have to be able to survive the double turn, always strikes first, and screams. Squigs get boned on all of those fronts. Stabbas with nets can hold off at least a few of those, and if you can get Itchy Nuisance off it helps even more. As far as the Squig Stampede Battalion, I do not like the idea of spending 140 points to reroll movement, and it annoys me that the Loonboss on Mangler isn't included in that. I do think the second mangler is a healthy choice over the Colossal Squig. However, I think I can get a better result from the 300/240 points.

8 hours ago, Malakree said:

I found that the spearchukkas and skragrott forced my opponent to come to me and let me neuter big threats early.

I faced a squig light army game 5, imo you need at least 3 blocks of 24 squig herd to make it work, I'd also recommend the shyish ragged cloak on your manglerboss to dodge it getting shreded before getting across the board. Everyone is going to target it and it's a really key part of your hammer. 

@kamuffinz After six-plus games with the list as mentioned earlier, I do not feel all squigs list is the best competitive option. I agree with Malakree about the spear chukkas and Skragrott. However I do not believe that three 24 squig herd units will outperform 60/40 stabbas with nets, and if you add a Loonboss, it makes them scary. I saw an example of it again today with the witches obliterating that squig herd unit and gaining control of the objective, I don't think I would have suffered nearly as many losses with Stabbas with nets.

There is another GT a few hours away from me in a month, and I need to decide if I want to run the same list or make some tweaks like adding Skragrott and Chukkas. @Malakree any suggestions/thoughts on how to optimize the squig list w/o Colossal? I think the boingrotts are doing a hell of a job, but I need to be able to survive on these objectives. 

22 minutes ago, Thorstine said:

I'm considering going with gloomspite for my first army and was wondering if buildomg towards the following list at 2000 points would be viable and at least semi competitive. I'm open to any suggestions.

2kwizs.pdf 5.85 kB · 2 downloads

I think that is a solid list that should get you comfortable with the army and all its primary rules. You will have plenty of command points with Skragrott and two Fungoids. I would maybe consider taking some endless spells. 

22 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

So looking at a squig army. Are boingrots the hammer unit? Has anyone mixed and matched squigs and trolls?

Are there any squig lists I could see for inspirational purposes.

I plan on trying this list out next with my squigs:
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Moon-cutta
24 x Squig Herd (280)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies

As far as squigs and trolls go, I have not tried a list with them. I would maybe consider getting rid of some boingrots because I don't think you could use both.

2 minutes ago, dasnation said:

I think that is a solid list that should get you comfortable with the army and all its primary rules. You will have plenty of command points with Skragrott and two Fungoids. I would maybe consider taking some endless spells. 

I plan on trying this list out next with my squigs:
- General
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Moon-cutta
24 x Squig Herd (280)
18 x Squig Herd (210)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
- Allies

As far as squigs and trolls go, I have not tried a list with them. I would maybe consider getting rid of some boingrots because I don't think you could use both.

Is the loonking worth not having fight another day on the mangler?

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

Gargants are bad. Squigs are solid though.

Leaders
- General
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)

Units

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 90

This would give you a solid 1k force that scales up well, it's also not "to" expensive.

If you can find someone to go 40-60 on the new box (there is £80 of sylvaneth and only £60 of gloomspite) you would also get most of what you need.

Gloomspite portion of new box is loonboss on giant squig, 12 squig herd, 10 bounderz. 

So you'd only need a fungoid, manglerboss and 1 more squig herd box to complete the list!

It would be entirely squigs except 1 model and even the fungoid has a spore squig with him 😁

Awesome, thanks!

18 hours ago, novakai said:

does anyone know what Curse of Da Spider god spell is suppose to do? from my understanding is that it suppose to prevent RR of 1 and 2 on hits and saves on enemy units

It doesn't prevent rerolls, it increases the autofail value. So if a stormcast has a save of 1+ an unmodified roll of a 1 still fails.

Curse of Da Spidergod extends that so that if a stormcast has a save of 1+ or 2+ an unmodified roll of a 1/2 still fails.

Equally for hit rolls if a full health Mawkrusha attacks with his fists then he hits on a 2+. CoDSG means unmodified rolls of a 2+ will fail even though they would normally succeed due to +hit rolls.

One interesting question is how it interacts with the term "reroll failed" 

I imagine for something which has a native 2+ to hit before modifiers it would mean they can't reroll 2s because those would normally be a hit.

• Thanks 1