AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

32 minutes ago, Brodylan said:

So apparently this went up on the GW site but was taken down?

edit: already covered pretty well in the rumor thread

09410B9F-8742-4070-AA93-58C66CEB7904.jpeg

pretty much confirms what most people where assuming would happen, I do like the Facemask the Loonboss is wearing.

I wonder if he still has the same two weapon options that the current loonboss on Squig has, since this one has the spear.

8 hours ago, Keith said:

Is anyone else using the Gobbapalooza models as other heroes ?

Spiker and Boggleye = Madcap Shaman

Shroomancer = Fungoid Shaman

Scaremonger and Brewgit a= Loonboss ?

Not a bad idea especially for wizard variety. Hadn't thought about the others as Loonboss tho.

11 hours ago, Keith said:

Is anyone else using the Gobbapalooza models as other heroes ?

Spiker and Boggleye = Madcap Shaman

Shroomancer = Fungoid Shaman

Scaremonger and Brewgit a= Loonboss ?

you can also use Spiker as a Spiderfang shaman

Also

LooncursePreview-Apr28-LoonBossSquig3lbnn.jpg.cbda154e1eff4971c4e510691cabbc92.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

36 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

So it looks like 1 unit of Boingrot bounders and 1 unit of squig herd. So excited!!!

you also have options to split the units up to into fives to fill out your battleline requirements 

27 minutes ago, AxolotlQuestions said:

It looks good, but the value is a bit mis-matched, ignoring the new characters, there's £80 of sylvaneth, and only £57.50 of gitz. 

TBH I feel like Revanants should be box in units of ten for £30 or  £37.50 to begin with

9 minutes ago, Nickmoss90 said:

Just me or did I see 1 boss, two squig herds and two squig cav??

So 72.50 Gitz value

It’s just 2 units, one of 5 bounderz and one of 5 hoppers, so 10 riders in the box all together.( presumably you can make them however you want) 

7E70418C-81C5-488A-9E83-F12654F3423E.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novakai said:

you can also use Spiker as a Spiderfang shaman

Also

LooncursePreview-Apr28-LoonBossSquig3lbnn.jpg.cbda154e1eff4971c4e510691cabbc92.jpg

On 3/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, Malakree said:

Nope, just it's well known in the tournament scene that the new sylvaneth book is due soon and it fits with both what has been teased as well as mirroring the hugely successful Carion Empire.

It also explains perfectly why we didn't get a new Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig with the original release despite it being one of 3 resin minitures left as well as being the last truly ugly one. The other two are the Scuttleboss and Skarsnik, both of which are fantastic miniatures.

So if we look at the Carrion Empire box it had around 700 points of Skaven/FEC. So we can assume the Squig half is ~700 points with 20 Stabbas, 10 Hoppers and 10 Boingrots, that mirrors the FEC box perfectly and is 510 points, then the Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig gives you 620 points.

From a monetary perspective Skaven is £79.5 + Bombardier, FEC is £83 + Archregent. 

20 Stabbas +10 Hoppers + 10 Boingrots is £80.5 + Exclusive Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig.

That would make the Squig half of the box super desirable for anyone looking to build/expand a Gloomspite list, is a perfect mirror on points/boxes/money to the previous two and fits all the narrative we have so far. There is the potential for 12 Squig Herd instead of 20 Stabbas but that takes it up to £87.50 instead so I suspect the stabbas will be the third box not the squig herd.

Hence my conclusion.

Never miss a chance to blow your own horn! Just didn't correctly anticipate us getting screwed compared to the other 3 factions. Guess I should have guessed gw wouldn't miss a chance to curb stomp us. 450 points vs the others 600-700 and a fraction of the monetary value.

Hell the least they could have been would be to put 24 squigs in not 12...

On a slightly less grumbly point I went 3-3 at scgt with a mediocre version of the list I want.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Blow 
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Call da Moon

Battleline
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)
20 x Shootas (130)

Behemoths
Colossal Squig (300)

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Endless Spells
Scuttletide (30)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 112

Quick thoughts since there wasn't a ton of depth to get into in terms of strategy/tactics.

Skragrott is da king, seriously he's amazing. If you aren't using him add him to your list! Combined with scuttletide and call da moon you get a solid ranged chip potential which is hard to stop.

On that note the spear chukkas were fantastic. Combined with the other ranged chip your opponent has to come to you, if they don't they will very quickly lose characters. I killed 2 bloodthirsters in r1/2 with just this.

3 rockguts are just mediocre, they need 6. 3x3 fellwaters worked really well, good damage output and worked as horde cleaning.

Needs more grots, i knew it did but I'm lazy. Atm I'm looking at 20 stabbas, 20 shootas, 20 shootas to keep the spear chukkas.

Troggboss needs to be setup defensively, he's so hard to deliver and is to key to lose. His rr1s to hit is massive for the troggs.

Squigly is Squigly, morks is expensive and unnecessary. 

Next stop.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
- General
- Trait: Loonskin 
- Artefact: Shiny Wotnot 
Skragrott, The Loonking (220)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Itchy Nuisance
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: Call da Moon

Battleline
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (320)
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Shootas (130)
20 x Shootas (130)

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Endless Spells
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 148

• Like 2

@Malakree I have also start favoring using Call Da Moon spell on my secondary Shaman, it a really nice long range vindicitive glare that can soften up certain targets if you manage to cast the spell, I find if you can get off all these D3 MW abilities you can blow something of the board sometimes

13 hours ago, ChatBatFun said:

It’s just 2 units, one of 5 bounderz and one of 5 hoppers, so 10 riders in the box all together.( presumably you can make them however you want) 

7E70418C-81C5-488A-9E83-F12654F3423E.jpeg

If they price this at the same as the Wrath & Rapture bundle I'll be disappointed.  I don't think you need more than 20 Bounderz in a 2k list and already having 20 this already looks like a raw deal.

I have a couple unopened Squig Herd boxes I can trade in and was planning on splitting with a Sylvaneth buddy, but as you guys are pointing out the value between the Sylvaneth boxes and Gitz I'm a little unsure now.  

Though comparing it to the Wrath and Rapture box below, they seem to get another unit  (3 total) worth of models, so maybe the price won't be the same.

60019915001_WrathandRaptureENG01.jpg

Edited by kamuffinz