AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

I have a large Spiderfang army and a small Moonclan army both assembled but unpainted.  I might actually re-do the Spiderfang to be Night Goblins riding spiders like someone posted earlier in the thread.

I plan to get some of everything, but I'm trying to keep calm and wait for the Start Collecting and/or Battleforce boxes to come out. I should just get the battletome and paint what I've already got, but I have a soft spot for squigs and I think I'll probably cave. 

Book, then box of Knightz of Squig, as I want use one of those squig faces as base for head of my wip count as Ghazghul, then maybe troggoth boss, some troggoths and maw krusha for long planned troĺl hag conversion, then some fanatics and more squigly units. I already have enough skull pass era one posers for several units of grots and one warboss with prodda and squig. Maybe convert other one from those original multipart plastic night goblins and 40k attack squig or turn it to warboss riding squig...

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

So serious question, what aspects of Gloomspite are we each looking to get first? Personally I'm going for a troggoth army which might include some Grots just to bulk the numbers up. I've wanted to get a hag for ages because her warscroll is so solid and this is a perfect oppotunity to do so!

700 point spiderfang, 700p squigs (tje bigger the better) and 700 points of trogloths.

I have the arachnarok and 15 spiders so need the new spider hero.

I have 60 moonclan grots, fanatics and warboss so need knight squigs and big new mangler or similar.

I have no trogloths, need the leader and more elite things.

Instabuy book and king. Next will go for big things. That will be my path for sure

32 minutes ago, Mayple said:

I'm honestly a little worried that they'll run out of squigs :o I -really- need them to not run out of squigs! 

Yeah, 40k ork players will be hoarding squigs for tankbusta squigs and attack squigs and then those dudes who play older editions of fantasy battle and/or that  9th age what ever want to have more squig models and of coarse we want boatloads of those cute little buggers, so in the end GW didn't make enough them and shops will sell their storage for months in days and......

• Like 1

The current moonclan grot kit is fine, almost timeless. They could use better hoods, noses, details and bits...but its a great kit even after all these years. Except just like skaven clanrats you can tell they were sculpted with a rank and file pose in mind, so when based and arranged in the AoS format I feel like they could use more pose variety. The clanrats are worse though, cause they have the one foot forward pose. 

2 minutes ago, Morhgoz said:

NOOOOO! I want to know it now!

In designer part they did mentioned snotlings. I hope it means that those little buggers get new miniatures.

I heard snotlings will be apart of the basing kit available on the models. We're meant to get a heap of stuff like mushrooms and that snail thing

1 hour ago, Morhgoz said:

I'm more of hoping their return as unit of theIr own...

Just imagine 10 point units in AoS. We destruction need something cheap, funny and completely unreliable like a group of snotlings.

That's how Orcs & Goblins always been, cheap, funny and completely unreliable. That's why I love them so much so long. 

• Like 1

I have a full night goblin army still based for WHFB.  I think I may need to have them come over to AoS. I did up any army on azyr with them combined with my new fledgling spider fang and already have 2500 points. This worries me a bit as it doesn’t include fanatics , troggoths or gargants! Maybe the points will be changed a bit because I want them all lol. 

1 hour ago, gnaleinad said:

That's how Orcs & Goblins always been, cheap, funny and completely unreliable. That's why I love them so much so long. 

This is why they were my favorite as well. The best games I played were games against my brother's Skaven. Madness everywhere. So much self destruction on both sides. I really hope some of that comes back.

• Like 2