AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

47 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

Rules question: Is it possible to stack The Clammy Hand command trait with the endless horde ability from the Skulkmob Horde Battalion?

And also, anyone have nice Skulkmob Horde list for 1500p that they might share?

/Cheers Rangeltoft

The Clammy Hand has been errata'd to say you get an extra chance to trigger the Loonshrine at the end of your turn. So it definitely works!

As to the list, it's a little tight on the points at 1.5k. Maybe something like this tho

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss (70)
- General
- Trait: The Clammy Hand 
- Artefact: Spiteful Prodder 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Great Green Spite
Madcap Shaman (80)
- Artefact: Moonface Mommet 
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Shootas (130)
20 x Shootas (130)

Units
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
5 x Sporesplatta Fanatics (120)
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Battalions
Skulkmob Horde (160)

Endless Spells
Scuttletide (30)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 140

Since the Sneaky Snufflers trigger the Spiteful Prodder you can get at least 1 dice a turn easily, if the shootas are nearby it goes up to 3 dice a turn. You're basically trying to use the Sporesplatta+Sneaky Snuffler+Loonboss CA to get a ton of attacks on the stabbas unit, then use your Endless Horde to bring back the 60 Stabbas.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

The Clammy Hand has been errata'd to say you get an extra chance to trigger the Loonshrine at the end of your turn. So it definitely works!

As to the list, it's a little tight on the points at 1.5k. Maybe something like this tho

Since the Sneaky Snufflers trigger the Spiteful Prodder you can get at least 1 dice a turn easily, if the shootas are nearby it goes up to 3 dice a turn. You're basically trying to use the Sporesplatta+Sneaky Snuffler+Loonboss CA to get a ton of attacks on the stabbas unit, then use your Endless Horde to bring back the 60 Stabbas.

Would that mean that I get two chances of getting a full unit back, or could I use it to get two full units back ?

The list looks nice, atleast it gives me a few ideas 😃

/cheers Rangeltoft

1 hour ago, Rangeltoft said:

Would that mean that I get two chances of getting a full unit back, or could I use it to get two full units back ?

The list looks nice, atleast it gives me a few ideas 😃

/cheers Rangeltoft

So you roll to bring a unit back. Then you roll to bring another unit back, it can be the same unit if the first roll failed.

When you successfully bring a unit back you can trigger the battalion to bring the entire unit not just half.

5 minutes ago, Malakree said:

So you roll to bring a unit back. Then you roll to bring another unit back, it can be the same unit if the first roll failed.

When you successfully bring a unit back you can trigger the battalion to bring the entire unit not just half.

If the first unit is brought back, lets say 60 stabbas, and then I roll for another unit of 20 that was destroyed, i would bring back 20 aswell?

Or is it still just one unit that is brought back in full size? Sorry if Im a bit dense, but have worked the nightshift so my brain aint working very well :P

/Cheers Rangeltoft

8 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

and then I roll for another unit of 20 that was destroyed, i would bring back 20 aswell?

No it would be 20.

9 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

Or is it still just one unit that is brought back in full size? Sorry if Im a bit dense, but have worked the nightshift so my brain aint working very well :P

It's just one unit when you bring it back.

46 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

You can only bring one unit back at full strength during the game.  So in the case you listed above you would bring the 60 unit back at full strength and the 20 unit back at half for only 10 models.

Got a game in last night using a net wrap of 20 Shootas with 3 Fellwaters,,,took a charge from 6 Skullcrushers(4 got in)lost some grots but inspired them,,he used  one to swing at the Trolls then gave up on that instead concentrating on the grots for 2 combat phases,,in the process the Trolls took out 2 of the Crushers.

I will be doing this now in my regular builds,,at least one unit,,possibly 2 or even 3.The combo debuff is friggen huge and speed wise its doable as its not at all an offensive block but just needs to get in cap range of an objective then push in.Also,placing the Trolls at the front and not behind the first row shouldnt be too much of a problem as they can be flanked to either side with a net, then one tucked in behind 2 of them for full coverage.

Hello everyone ! Quick question about the spells of the shamans:

If i take an army with the Destruction allegiance, can a shaman use the spells who are in the book? Or the army have to be Gloomspite for the shaman to use those spells?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, rattila said:

If i take an army with the Destruction allegiance, can a shaman use the spells who are in the book? Or the army have to be Gloomspite for the shaman to use those spells?

Thanks,

The army only gets access to allegiance rules (allegiance abilities, relics, general traits, spell lores) by playing using that allegiance.

23 hours ago, rattila said:

Thanks,

Just to add that you can take the Arachnacauldron as an endless spell with a Gloomspite wizard in a mixed Destruction army, which will give you access to the Moonclan spell lore.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dasnation said:

Hey guys. Want to pick your brain and see what you guys think about getting the colossal squig into a competitive list.

What type of list it would be most viable and why. What should I be considering to maximize its potential?

Personal opinion. The colossal squig doesn't need support. It's job is to rush across the board and get into the opponents face.

When I use it it's to pin the opponent back into their deployment zone and draw fire.

35 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Personal opinion. The colossal squig doesn't need support. It's job is to rush across the board and get into the opponents face.

When I use it it's to pin the opponent back into their deployment zone and draw fire.

Are you looking for a specific target when you use it?  What do you hope it draws fire for?

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Just to add that you can take the Arachnacauldron as an endless spell with a Gloomspite wizard in a mixed Destruction army, which will give you access to the Moonclan spell lore.

Ah yes nice! Thats interesting! Thanks!

32 minutes ago, dasnation said:

Are you looking for a specific target when you use it?  What do you hope it draws fire for?

Obviously you want it in a high priority target if you can, the MW on unmod 6s are amazing if they go off. Ypu also referably want it to last till at least the opponents combat phase so you can dump the squig herd for a further block if they double.

EDIT: So first picture you can see I deployed the Giant and the Squig on the ends so that if the eels came in they had to hit them. For the colossal squig it ate the eel electric, the charge and then dumped the Squig Herd around his foot hero who is hidden by the scenery, the squig herd then killed him on my turn.

20190323_143401.jpg.b23be705616308387f4c4a285f8ea362.jpg

In the second picture you can see his hammerers are around where the Squig was, that's a big ass unit which moved back into his half on turn 2 rather than coming at me. They then further chased down the Squig Herd which was now threatening his cannons. It was a unit which basically never contributed to the battle because it was dealing with the Colossal Squig. Add in the unit of warriors that it obliterated on my first turn and you have 400 points of units which it just removed.

20190323_180951.jpg.60451ad78755145b25e33265b79fc5cd.jpg

Edited by Malakree

14 hours ago, novakai said:

oh so trees and shoom are actual best buds in nature

Depends on the shroom, some are symbiotic, some are parasitic, and some are decomposers. Fungi are a really versatile kingdom of organisms, and could lend themselves very well for some creative terrain. A giant corpse overgrown with decomposing Fungi, a fairy ring of poisonous shrooms with a little shrine in the middle, farms cultivating edible mushrooms, mushroom potion stills, mushroom forests, etc. Heck, there are some sentient mushrooms in the new kits, so you could have a symbiotic relationship of a plant and biting mushshrooms around it that feed on vermin and protect the plant.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Fixed words.

1 hour ago, dasnation said:

Hoping to get some feedback on this list that I attached. Where are my weaknesses? I’m I maximizing the list to its fullest potential? What other things should I be considering?

Squigs%20.pdf

IMO make Skragrott your General. The loss of Fight Another Day is really painful but you get all the tasty stuff from him being your general.

Alternatively, drop the Arachnocauldron and Scragrott (+270) and take 3 Fungoids.

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
60 x Stabbas (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

Units
6 x Squig Herd (70)
6 x Squig Herd (70)
5 x Loonsmasha Fanatics (140)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Behemoths
Colossal Squig (300)

Endless Spells
Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 169

Same cost, you get more spells base, three mushrooms for a potential 6 spells on one turn. The lack of an Arachnocauldron is offset by being able to just pick 3 spells from the lore anyway, you are also far less vulnerable to hero sniping just removing skragrott, ie. a lucky cannon shot doing 12 damage doesn't just remove all your wizards. You get 3 individual shots at the extra command point which is better than skragrotts D3 and doesn't cost you your general slot.

Oh and for the scenarios it matters on you have 3 wizards instead of 1. Overall I'd say this is WAY better than Skragrott considering the MW potential your army has to deal with ethereal dragons (dat SoJ with the Redcap Mushroom!)

• LOVE IT! 1

@Malakree I love it. How do you utilize the fungoid shamans? They have a decent stat line for combat. Do you you get them close or have them sit back?

Another question I had was playing with the stabbas numbers. Would I gain anything by dropping them down to 40? If I keep them are fanatics a must? Is there anything else to optimize them?