The 5000+ Owners Club

Overread

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

bloody hell, I think that's the first time I've seen a bonegrinder gargant lined up against other models (normal garments included) it's MASSIVE

This is why FW is missing a huge trick on their store pages. Sure they show a scale marine next to some models; but they really should show armies alongside some of their biggest. The Dread Saurian has a massive price, but it wasn't until I saw a photo of it towering over a whole army that I realised quite how big the model really is. It's a lot more justifiable on price when you really get a sense of size with some FW models.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 3:53 PM, Wired4War said:

This is awesome to see. I'm relatively new to the game so other than a descent sized stormcast army (3k maybe?) I've only dabbled with a box or two each of other army's models. I'd love to have a single army over 10k someday but haven't figured out which faction would keep me interested that long.

just go for chaos daemons. you get 4 differents armies that you can mix (or not),  and you can add slaves to darkness models and skavens models (nurgle).

and if one day you want to try and play 40k you also have an enjoyable army to start with

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 2:01 PM, JPjr said:

bloody hell, I think that's the first time I've seen a bonegrinder gargant lined up against other models (normal garments included) it's MASSIVE

same goes for Skaarac the Bloodborn (Great Khorgorath of Khorne), he is really huge, more than a great unclean one.

i agree with Overread

This thread is awesome and inspirational.  I remember a few months back on TheBeastsOfWar YouTube channel, they had released a video back in September discussing the "death of mass battle games" as skirmish games are becoming far more popular, with Kill Team and Necromunda being prime examples.  This thread is a counter to their theory that skirmish scale games are the future because players don't want to collect as many models for an army anymore.

While I don't have 5000 points of a single Age of Sigmar army (yet), I do have about that much in all the AoS models in my house, and I have well over 8000 points of Imperium of Man for 40K.  My army goal right now is to put together a large Slaves to Darkness army, which will be a bit almost right at 5000 points once I get them built up and painted (got some cavalry and chariots done so far).

I love the idea of having a bunch of models for a single army, so I'm making it my goal to show off my works on this thread once I get them put together, assembled, and painted.  I'm about half way there thanks to the new Battleforces.  Now for the rest of them...

On 1/6/2019 at 10:14 PM, DINOSTAR said:

Proud (or should I be ashamed) of how much I've built and painted as I approach my one year anniversary of starting warhammer! Seraphon was all I did until recently (now I've got pestilens, slaves to darkness, stormcast, death, and have pre-ordered a large goblin force, and my wife's slannesh take up half the bottom shelf).  Hopefully now that the cabinet will be completely full I will quit buying and coloring in those primed or grey models.  

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Hmmm, that case looks awful familiar - although it appears a bit more crowded than last time I saw a case that looked like that full of Lizardmen...

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, Overread said:

This is why FW is missing a huge trick on their store pages. Sure they show a scale marine next to some models; but they really should show armies alongside some of their biggest. The Dread Saurian has a massive price, but it wasn't until I saw a photo of it towering over a whole army that I realised quite how big the model really is. It's a lot more justifiable on price when you really get a sense of size with some FW models.  

Yeah, it is about the size of a cat...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Hmmm, that case looks awful familiar - although it appears a bit more crowded than last time I saw a case that looked like that full of Lizardmen...

You haven't even seen the bottom yet ;) Full of grots in these next two weeks, though once I paint them up more I may promote them to top shelf!

1 hour ago, DINOSTAR said:

You haven't even seen the bottom yet ;) Full of grots in these next two weeks, though once I paint them up more I may promote them to top shelf!

Oh I think that I have actually seen the bottom...

Ever get the game table delivered?

Edited by Skabnoze

Well I've 7000 points of Dispossesed/Dwarfs. Mostly unpainted sadly because its 377 models (well 2 are Order allies but its a coheisive army) and I'm a very slow painter and atm the current mono-build nature of Dispossesed has left me disinclined to work on them. 

I'm kind of surprised though looking at this thread that GW hasnt made an Imperial Knight army equivalent for AOS. Just 4 big plastic kits and your done.

• Like 1

My Flesh-Eater Courts at 5600 points:

1021360771_Flesh-EaterCourts.jpg.2de0e87abde89d0859c15f38b0f44ae0.jpg

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
Abhorrant Ghoul King x4 (560)
Varghulf Courtier x2 (320)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (140)
Crypt Ghast Courtier x10 (800)

Battleline
100 x Crypt Ghouls (1000)

Units
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)

Behemoths
Zombie Dragon (300)
Terrorgheist x2 (600)

Battalions
Royal Family (150)
Attendants at Court (160)
Ghoul Patrol x3 (540)
Royal Menagerie (140)

Total: 5590
Extra Command Points: 6
Wounds: 298

Edited by Duke of Gisoreux
  • Like 4

Well, just over 5000 pts. Though I think Stormcast is a bit soft compared to some of these cheap pt/troop armies.

All painted apart from the Lord Arcanum on Gryph Charger who is getting the Duncan treatment at the moment.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Knight-Incantor (140)
Knight-Questor (100)
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Celestant (100)
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (560)
- Celestine Hammer
Lord-Relictor (100)
Neave Blacktalon (120)
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers
6 x Aetherwings (100)
6 x Castigators (160)
5 x Evocators (200)
2 x Fulminators (240)
6 x Gryph-Hounds (140)
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
10 x Retributors (440)
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
3 x Steelheart's Champions (100)
3 x The Farstriders (100)
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (120)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (200)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 5040 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 285

IMG_20190111_182744.jpg

IMG_20190111_182748.jpg

IMG_20190111_182940.jpg

IMG_20190111_182738.jpg

Edited by Nubgan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vextol said:

Ikea.  It's amazing.  I needed something that fit archaon because he's like a million feet tall.  These were absolutely perfect.  And like $60.  So, for anything else they're kind of expensive but for Warhammer it's like nothing 😂

Very nice.  Those look like something I could better fit into my office and game room with existing furniture than a traditional curio cabinet.  I used to have a curio cabinet for my stuff but we bought a new house a few years back and my wife took it after the move.  I have not bothered getting another one yet.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:40 PM, Skabnoze said:

Very nice.  Those look like something I could better fit into my office and game room with existing furniture than a traditional curio cabinet.  I used to have a curio cabinet for my stuff but we bought a new house a few years back and my wife took it after the move.  I have not bothered getting another one yet.

Yeah, these were very generic but they work great.  They don't seal so they aren't good for formal collections like coins, cards , comics  or "dust free" things but they are amazing display cabinets and the construction is definitely acceptable.  They are NOT adjustable though so what you see is what  you get. 

Mine are begging for the rest of my sylvaneth and Idoneth forces to be finished 😂

Edited by Vextol

5 hours ago, Vextol said:

Ikea.  It's amazing.  I needed something that fit archaon because he's like a million feet tall.  These were absolutely perfect.  And like $60.  So, for anything else they're kind of expensive but for Warhammer it's like nothing 😂

I also considered to buy those, but I didn't like them as they are too small compared to their price and how much storage they provide for miniatures. So I bought Ikea Billy racks with glass doors and installed LEDs  in them. They are much better for the purpose as they provide about double the space each compared to the floor space required. Of course they were much more expensive, but who cares when you look at all the miniatures?

DSCN8276.JPG

DSCN8277.JPG

DSCN8278.JPG

DSCN8285.JPG

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 15

1 hour ago, Duke of Gisoreux said:

I also considered to buy those, but I didn't like them as they are too small compared to their price and how much storage they provide for miniatures. So I bought Ikea Billy racks with glass doors and installed LEDs  in them. They are much better for the purpose as they provide about double the space each compared to the floor space required. Of course they were much more expensive, but who cares when you look at all the miniatures?

Well geeze, I liked them.  I mean, I'm sorry they're not big enough for someone who has a game room large enough that they literally have a DUNGEON door that enters into it 😂

At least now I know what and actual "problem" looks like.  

Seriously though, that is quite the collection!  I also looked at those shelves and did in fact want them.  It's a better system but as you mentioned it does come with a much steeper price tag.

Another picture is ready, here are my Soulblight at 6300 points:

Soulblight.jpg.3ac77579bd15fa049a9c475930def2d1.jpg

Spoiler

Allegiance: Soulblight

Leaders
Mannfred Mortarch of Night (420)
Neferata Mortarch of Blood (400)
Prince Vhordrai (480)
Bloodseeker Palanquin x2 (640)
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
Vampire Lord on Nightmare x6 (840)
Vampire Lord x13 (1820)