Legion of Night: Reserve List

Bademeister

Hey Guys i have idea for a list i want to test. Before i want to hear your thoughts.

Placing two Gravesites 6-9" away from the edges of the bettlefield right between you and your opponents territory. Placing the other 2 gravesites  6" from the corners of your opponents territory.

My plan is to deploy just the Necromancer and the 40 Skellis, maybe the Dire Wolves just to grab an objektive.

All other 6 Units are not placed at the beginning. 3 Heroes are in reserve, Morghast aswell and the 2 nighthaunt units are placed in the gravesites.

This way your Skellis got +1 to save and realy are the bait, because there is nothing more on the battlefield. There is the risk, that you opponent will move each of his units to the gravesites and will lock you from summoning  your ghosts with the gravesites. but he/she have to split their army. If the amry is not fast enough you can place one big blob in the back and stab these buffing heroes in the back.

Placing the Vampire Lord with the Morghast and the two Guardians with each one  Nighthaunt unit. You got 2 CP for the first charges. Don't know how to fit chronomantic cogs, but these would be nice. casting by the necromancer in the back.

Allegiance: Legion of Night

Leaders
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
- General
- Trait: Above Suspicion 
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Morbheg's Claw 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
- Trait: Merciless Hunter 

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)

Units
30 x Grimghast Reapers (360)
4 x Morghast Harbingers (440)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 164

Sounds pretty crazy!!! Do it!!!

only real trouble that might come to pass is regeneration...

your skelli bait might have a 5+(4+)\6+ but will get focused down and only regen 1d3 models per turn... same goes for almost all of the units, since the heros and gravesites are widely spread across the board. 

If your opponent knows what you’re up to, he might be able to counter, but both flanks at the same time right down the middle?! As you said, that spreads him far and wide and leaves room for a decent morghast ambush. Or leave one site on hometurf for extra bait regen and fail save if he really is able to block your sites turn 1

I’ve been doing a variation of this for the last few months. It’s very effective. Instead of 6” from the corners, I do 12” from the short edge, and 14” from the long edge. This allows you to penetrate their forces a little better, but is still pretty out of the way and forced them to split their forces. If your opponent does cover them, you just use the two placed in your territory to summon the units. It’s really useful in later turns if your general is alive to just beeline to the back ones, and revive a while unit, because once you’ve summoned your units your opponent will usually leave the back gravesites forgetting you can revive. This helps with scoring backfield objectives late game. 

Archived