Where to get massive bases?

themortalgod

In the latest FAQ GW printed an official base size for Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord at 280x210mm. Does anyone know where a base of that can be purchased? GW doesn't sell anything near that size and googling around I haven't even been able to find anyone who is making MDF bases that big. I'd love if I could find a GW style base in that size but barring that an MDF one will do, but short of cutting it myself, (which I don't have the skill or equipment to do with perfect accuracy) I am at a loss of where to find an oval that big?

Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks

4 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

I guess its important to keep in mind that the service is based in the US. I'd hazard to guess (based mostly on when this site is most active) most people here are from UK and neighboring countries. Perhaps that was why the shipping cost was so high? 

I am not from the UK, no overseas shipping for me, I'm in North America. I think they just quote really low prices and make up their costs through shipping.

I still believe your best bet is a wood base though. If you can’t get someone/a company to do it for you maybe you could do it yourself? I don’t know if you own any tools but it wouldn’t require much. Maybe just a jigsaw, a clamp, and some sandpaper would get the job done easily. Use some wood filler after to make the rim of the base smooth and you couldn’t even tell it was a wood base after sanded. 

42 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

I am not from the UK, no overseas shipping for me, I'm in North America. I think they just quote really low prices and make up their costs through shipping.

Sorry about that.  I just posted the first place I found.  You can flat rate anything that size for 7$ max anywhere in the country. Totally unreasonable.  I would look that way though.  Find someone with a laser and have them cut it out.  For a "custom piece" it's like the easiest thing ever.

41 minutes ago, Vextol said:

Sorry about that.  I just posted the first place I found.  You can flat rate anything that size for 7$ max anywhere in the country. Totally unreasonable.  I would look that way though.  Find someone with a laser and have them cut it out.  For a "custom piece" it's like the easiest thing ever.

Dude, totally not your fault! You've been super helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everybody.

I run a shop on Etsy that sells MDF goods for Warhammer.  If you send me a message there, I'll cut the bases you need.  For price example, someone just asked me for a 280 x 210 mm base, and I quoted them $8 and $5 shipping (U.S. domestic first class).

Here is my website for more info:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Natural20Design

-Ben

Archived