Tournament Destruction list feedback/thoughts wanted

Mayple

Heyo! Preparing for an upcoming 2000 pts tournament, and I'm toying around with the following;

Allegiance: Stoneklaw's Gutstompas
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- General
- Trait: Big and Brutish
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Overtyrant (160)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Orruks (80)
- Pair of Choppas
60 x Moonclan Grots (360)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas

Units
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)
1 x Gorgers (60)
- Allies

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 220 / 400
Wounds: 215

Obviously there are quite a few different synergies and roles present such as the Warboss w/Waagh banner and the 'Ardboyz + token Orruks. The Gitmob shaman and the Gitmob Grot archers, the late-game movement shenanigans available from the Fungoid cave shaman, and the general shutdown debuffing from the Overtyrant (Ogre Kingdoms) - Then there's whatever random stuff I get from Stoneklaw's Gutstompas, the charge-denial from the fanatics, and the hero/monster sniping from the Grot Spear Chukkas.

With a tiny dose of deployment mindgames in the form of the Gorger.

Thoughts?

I think the list is fine and you should give it a try.

My one suggestion is that for 70 more points you can get the 40 gitmob up to 60. I think you will definitely want the 1 extra CP for an early game IP if you get alpha striked... I see the Gorger and the Overtyrant as bloat on the list that could be trimmed and keep the same core. Maybe drop both... that frees up 220 which 70 can be used on gitmob.

Leaves you at 200 under. 4 extra CP to start the game that can be used on CA or IP. You could also spend the 200 on getting the orruks up to 40 but then you lose that key 1 extra CP starting the game.

I will definitely stress test it :)  The biggest wildcard is that if Moonclan gets its release before the tournament, I'll drastically change the list to incorporate it. You're spot on @svnvaldez about the importance of keeping that 1 extra CP to mitigate early casualties, as Turn 1 Round 1 will be the most dangerous time of the game if I enter without any CP. 

I've been testing the Overtyrant a few times, and he is hands down the most valuable unit in the whole army. His bribery is downright broken, in my humble opinion, in how flexible it is, and I've actively worked around his low movement/gimped charge value by parking him within 3" of the front of my most-likely-to-get-hit-by-the-enemy unit, essentially pulling him into combat (he is an absolute monster up close) if my opponent wants to fight me on their terms, which they are almost forced to do due to the majority of the army being exepctionally durable to shooting - and whatever part of it isn't will path cleverly to stay out of effective range, or get used as bait to soak fire by being a "better" target. Far more worth than 20 extra gitmob grots. To illustrate; Comboing his bribery with the Moonclan grot netters, I can thrown down a combined -2 to hit in close-combat to a single unit, which if a big valuable blob, or monster, will get absolutely gimped by that, and not perform well at all, giving me plenty of opportunity to outlast/kill it in return. The -1 to hit in shooting is also essential for keeping key characters alive if I'm parading my cheeky heroes around in plain view.

The Gorger alone has won me several battles, and is well worth the 60 points put into it - giving me some added opportunity to dominate the deployment phase of the game. A habit I picked up from my time playing Skaven. Consider it a low-risk/high-reward wild card.

I'm actually unsure about the two spear chuckas. I've been using 3 in battles, but had to cut down one to accomodate the 'ard boyz. They're worthless unless paired, and maybe I could spend those 240 points somewhere else? An Orruk Warboss on Wyvern perhaps? Fill out the remainder of the list with goblin shamans? etc, etc. 

Either way, I'll likely have to shift the Aetherquartz brooch over onto the Orruk Warboss, as one of the five battleplans requires a Wizard/Hero with artifact to capture, and I'd rather not rely on two squishy Grots alone to win that day.

Which reminds me, these are the battleplans that will be used; No realm spells or realm features ( :( ) will be in play, but artifacts and everything else is fair game.

- Relocation Orb

- Total Commitment (No deepstriking the Gorger here, so I'll be using him like a chariot, running him off on his own to do mischief)

- Starstrike

- Places of Arcane Power

- The Better Part of Valour

Archived