Representing Forces of Malal in Age of Sigmar

Lord Krungharr

8 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

In one of the recent CSM codexes there is a warband called the Sons of Malice who actively fight other chaos warbands. Its a small nod towards Malal who i have always found interesting but i dont think he has ever been mentioned anywhere in Fantasy or having a warband that acts in his ways towards the other chaos forces. But in AoS you can make up your own fluff, so if your army followers this "mysterious" god, then why the hell not. The realms are big enough to support your own fantasy.

I don't disagree, but malice is not Malal.   When the original skragg the slaughterer model came out (C23 giant ogres range), in white dwarf his story was written as a champion of malal,   Whats brilliant is the way a Anti-chaos, chaos god god which lasted for 12 comic page episodes has captured the imagination so much. :)

WD798607p50C23Ogres-01_03.jpg

That was retconned much later when ogre kingdoms came into being and he got a makover.

He got a breif mention in the dying of the light campaign and ignorant armies story for fantasy roleplay in the late 80's but after that he fizzles out - reason being that Wagner and grant were greelancers and therefore owned the rights to him.

Now, the image which everyone associates with him, a pencil sketch by tony ackland was in the Realm of Chaos books, and in there talks about chaos gods or daemons which have grown to become gods, demigods etc -  it's just he big four are well, the big four, so I totally agree - 

But in AoS you can make up your own fluff, so if your army followers this "mysterious" god, then why the hell not. The realms are big enough to support your own fantasy.

Damn right, and this is how I see AoS, and this is why I like this thread so much because this is the right thing to do.  It's your army, your story and your imagination. :)

carry on... we need to see more Malal - Dreadaxe thirsts :)

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1985comp3/citcomp3073-02.htm

my own homage:

36358326974_07b89873e7_c.jpg 

36358327244_76d0dae453_c.jpg

Kaleb_Daark_CJ86.jpg

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/29/2018 at 6:41 PM, BrocknerTheBear said:

Just started working on the "blood crushers" the dracoline will be blind too like the other daemons. They look like giant flesh hounds so they fit better then the metal rhinos and I can use them under stormcast rules too to gain benefits against chaos if need be for narrative gaming.

20181229_172645.jpg

that middle secion is rough! I am interested if the body of a vampire lord on zombie dragon might fit the mount?

@Kaleun yeah the middle was a right sod as everything had to be removed but in the end it was worth it.

yhe vampire lord will fit as his legs are far enough apart  but youd have to remove the original stormcast legs and buttocks first. If you have a dremel it would be really straightforward and allow you to keep the cloth in place and most of the saddle (I used a mould line tool....it took hours. Painful hours)

• 6 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 11:07 PM, BrocknerTheBear said:

I never did post a picture of the completed daemons of chaos force so here are a few taken at the end of the throne of skulls last year. The greater daemons cloth was far from finished but the army got alot of attention and I had some wonderful feedback. 

20190630_165335.jpg

20190630_165323.jpg

20190630_165343(0).jpg

Stunning army, did you have an instagram or more photos or a list?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SCW said:

Stunning army, did you have an instagram or more photos or a list?

Thank you  it was a little rushed to get it done in time but I was still happy with it :) my Instagram is @kitbashsam and the list was 

: Reapers of vengeance 

Bloodthirster of insensate rage (with the 2+ ignore spell effects)

Daemon prince with wings and sword (with the dispell on a natural 8 do D6 mortal wounds - which our round 3 opponent was on the receiving end of when it popped his cursling turn 1)

Slaughter priest with +1 to hit prayer

Three units of 5 flesh hounds

One unit of 3 bloodcrushers