New to Warhammer, need help with ironjawz

omotiverat

Hello! I am kind of new To warhammer in General and I enjoy The hobby aspect of it a lot. I already have some models for my ironjaw list and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a viable list (does not have To be The best) so i could play with The modells i have. And a little runthrough for how To play them. 

Models i own now

3 gore gruntas

10 ardboyz

1 warchanter 

1 fungoid cave shaman

1 aleguzzler gargant (might buy a second one) 

1 maw krusha 

A list i thought of, have no idea if it's viable but i would love to paint these minis :)

LEADERS
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- Boss Gore-hacka and Scrap-tooth
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)

UNITS
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

BEHEMOTHS
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)

BATTALIONS
Ironfist (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (40)

My warchanter and myself wanna thank you guys in advance! :)

IMG_20181216_014000.jpg

Your list will be fun.  The gargants are fun and the stuff em in a bag ability allows you to potentially split up enemy units, causing a portion to be removed because it is more than 1" away from the other part of the unit.  If you are able to achieve that in game, then the gargants will be crazy.  If you will still enjoy it when your gargants die early and fall on your own guys, then I would say yes.   Brutes look cool and can hit like trucks.   Low bravery can cause them to be lackluster without proper support.   The gargants may distract enough to keep your brutes alive longer.

One of the big pieces of advice I received from the ironjawz forum is having at least 140 wounds on the table.  My games have gone a lot better once I have adhered to that.   Between the Mawkrusha, the 2 gargants, the battalion, and the 2 endless spells, you are shorting yourself.    Cutting out the 2 gargants and the endless spells would allow you to add 20 ardboys, which will fit in the battalion you already have and give you 130 wounds and 100 points left.  With that 100 points, adding another warchanter, fungoid cave shaman, moonclan shaman, ironskull's boys, or even 10 greenskinz orruks with bows or melee would be close enough to 140 wounds.  (you could leave the 100 points for a larger WAAAAGH!) (or keep the spells but that is another conversation on which spells)  The realm spells from the core book/malign sorcery book are plenty of spells to cast for free. 

Another option would be to drop a set of brutes and the 2 gargants, adding the 20 ardboys and a set of 6 gore-gruntas.

The ardboys give you more board presence, staying power, objective taking/holding ability and allow for less drops because they can be part of the battalion.   Your other units(brutes/gore-gruntas/mawkrusha) can take 2 inch range weapons to attack over the top of them as well. 

Gore-gruntas movement allows us to threaten much farther than our other units(except for mawkrusha).  This gives us the ability to rush forward to pin an enemy unit back, screen for the rest of your army, or even reach an important hero.

3 hours ago, Superninja said:

Your list will be fun.  The gargants are fun and the stuff em in a bag ability allows you to potentially split up enemy units, causing a portion to be removed because it is more than 1" away from the other part of the unit.  If you are able to achieve that in game, then the gargants will be crazy.  If you will still enjoy it when your gargants die early and fall on your own guys, then I would say yes.   Brutes look cool and can hit like trucks.   Low bravery can cause them to be lackluster without proper support.   The gargants may distract enough to keep your brutes alive longer.

One of the big pieces of advice I received from the ironjawz forum is having at least 140 wounds on the table.  My games have gone a lot better once I have adhered to that.   Between the Mawkrusha, the 2 gargants, the battalion, and the 2 endless spells, you are shorting yourself.    Cutting out the 2 gargants and the endless spells would allow you to add 20 ardboys, which will fit in the battalion you already have and give you 130 wounds and 100 points left.  With that 100 points, adding another warchanter, fungoid cave shaman, moonclan shaman, ironskull's boys, or even 10 greenskinz orruks with bows or melee would be close enough to 140 wounds.  (you could leave the 100 points for a larger WAAAAGH!) (or keep the spells but that is another conversation on which spells)  The realm spells from the core book/malign sorcery book are plenty of spells to cast for free. 

Another option would be to drop a set of brutes and the 2 gargants, adding the 20 ardboys and a set of 6 gore-gruntas.

The ardboys give you more board presence, staying power, objective taking/holding ability and allow for less drops because they can be part of the battalion.   Your other units(brutes/gore-gruntas/mawkrusha) can take 2 inch range weapons to attack over the top of them as well. 

Gore-gruntas movement allows us to threaten much farther than our other units(except for mawkrusha).  This gives us the ability to rush forward to pin an enemy unit back, screen for the rest of your army, or even reach an important hero.

Thank you for the reply! Im looking for fun armies to play and paint meanwhile i learn how to play to a better extent. So i'll probably go with this army list for now, and when i got the hang of the basics of the army i will try to tweak it with more ardboyz and gore-gruntas! 

To be honest i am looking at a frostlord from the beastclaw raiders atm, maybe i should just go with a Destruction army instead of a ironjawz haha! 

Archived