The Forgeworld Owners Club!

Overread

HI everyone! Didnt know this kind of thread existed but here are some of my Forgeworld models! 
1660701170_ColossalSquig(1of3).jpg.abdeacb60fde9497cb194f506176541b.jpg
This was the first forgeworld model I ever painted an absolutely lovely sculpt 
2032948873_Gobba(1of4).jpg.75158cc6a4bbf136cde8e88b9cfd442a.jpg

Then I did this Squig gobba which I think is one of the best models out there like probably top 3 sculpts in my opinion.
TroggothHag.jpg.abf3590e2367fbb22a532cec238217aa.jpg
And here is the most recent beauty painted this about 5 months ago and its still the best model I have ever painted its such a beauty I love the Hag. 

TroggothHag2.jpg.32c8cefccc43bd66ea1d77c732adcc5b.jpg

Right now I'm working on some Fimir warriors and a Fimirach noble cant wait to finish them. I currently have plans to get maybe a Merwyrm and a Basilisk in the future as they are very lovely. Also hoping to find an Incarnate Elemental of Beasts from somewhere but seems like those are very much under a rock right now. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 7/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, Overread said:

@Eevika that is some utterly outstanding paintwork on your hag! The skinwork texture coupled to colour blending are really top rate! 

Thanks! When working on forgeworld models it really makes me want to push my skills further and try a lot harder to do a good job. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really need to get on and learn this painting thing - but I've got 5 wolfrats and a Warpfire Dragon on the table right now! Great models, the Warpfire is interesting too because its half of the black dragon from GW and half resin from FW. The wings and core body are plastic, the arms, legs, tail and head are all FW. It works well and the model is great esp as its mounted on a creative pillar.

The wolfrats are just darn cute for skaven rats - a neat option to get some cavalry like elite units into a skaven force. Something fast that bites hard. 

My skaven and Slaanesh forces are slightly on the shelf at present in terms of buying more (skaven majorly, whilst slaanesh is a recent move because someone at GW went and release Bonereapers before I'd finished!) I really want to get my hands on another dragon and also the Slaanesh Exalted Keeper. Even if she's not got rules as good as the core it still a fantastic model and one I want to put on the table (yes even with its dozens of little spikes that have to be stuck on). 

• Subscriber

My WIP pile has just gotten bigger. Just had an order arrive containing 20 Infernal guard, 20 Fireglaives, Iron Daemon, Dreadquake Mortar, Deathshrieker Launcher and 3 Skin Wolves. Never sure when FW make stuff go OOP, so I thought better get anything I might need in the future. 

Will be posting up some WIP of them all soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, Overread said:

@SunStorm I REALLY love those eyes and great work on the blood effects on them too. They look suitably bloody and monstrous. Care to share your painting method for the eyes? 

Thanks, eyes are pretty simple. Base with Averland Sunset, then Yriel yellow and then use bloodletter glaze as a wash around the eye.