Rogue idol of gork

Knight of Ruin

3 minutes ago, thediceabide said:

Fantastic work @Lucio, can you take a picture with it next to some other models for a size comparison?

Thanks!

There we go, the Skaven's axe is level with a typically posed Orruk Greenskinz head (the Skaven incidentially is picutred with a stolen Axe of Hate and a Herald of Khorne's head)

IMG_20160808_213006302.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks awesome, Lucio. Great work.

I would like to have seen some Orruk bits on him thought. Something that really screams that he's an Idol of Gork and Mork. But that doesn't take away from how well you painted/modeled him! He still looks top notch as is.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Some great work in this thread!

Can't wait to make a start on mine post Warlords. Hopefully have him done for Facehammer GT.

Sorry if I've missed it, but what base size should he be on? @Nico & @Mitzy what do you use?

Chris mine is on the same as the MawKrusha

5 hours ago, Nico said:

I put it on a CD (literally).

Hope it wasn't anything good! ;) 

1 hour ago, Mitzy said:

Chris mine is on the same as the MawKrusha

Wow! That's big. Tbh though I put my Magma Dragon on the same.

I think perhaps I'll just use the base the Gorkanaut comes with. Seems appropriate if I'm converting from that.

14 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hope it wasn't anything good! ;) 

Wow! That's big. Tbh though I put my Magma Dragon on the same.

I think perhaps I'll just use the base the Gorkanaut comes with. Seems appropriate if I'm converting from that.

Yeah if I ever get in to combat with a horde army they will have a field day when piling in!

4 hours ago, mrstimpson38 said:

Looks awesome, Lucio. Great work.

I would like to have seen some Orruk bits on him thought. Something that really screams that he's an Idol of Gork and Mork. But that doesn't take away from how well you painted/modeled him! He still looks top notch as is.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

My problem is the model lacks flatsurfaces to add glyphs on easily. May try making it a Tiki-Tiki mask though

On 8 August 2016 at 9:32 PM, Lucio said:

There we go, the Skaven's axe is level with a typically posed Orruk Greenskinz head (the Skaven incidentially is picutred with a stolen Axe of Hate and a Herald of Khorne's head)

IMG_20160808_213006302.jpg

I really like this mini as a Rogue Idol, if ever there is a need to run 2 in an army (Gork and Mork) this will be the way I go...

I'd definitely add a load of Orcy goodies though, shields nailed on maybe, or just some bones and detritus? Anyway great job!

You should actually have an easy, enjoyable time of it and get progress done quick.

I'd start with black primer. If you do have gray primer, try a Zenithal highlight (you'll have to google that). Then just do some heavy drybrushing of different grays and browns until you get the result you like. You can even use washes and glazes to get different tones out of the rock too.

14 minutes ago, Dez said:

You should actually have an easy, enjoyable time of it and get progress done quick.

I'd start with black primer. If you do have gray primer, try a Zenithal highlight (you'll have to google that). Then just do some heavy drybrushing of different grays and browns until you get the result you like. You can even use washes and glazes to get different tones out of the rock too.

Cool. Do you have any gw colours you would recommend?

Also what about the Moss colours. I assume a base coat then a lighter Green drybrush too.

I painted this one with a Chaos Black undercoat, AdMech grey spray base colour, wash with Agrax, picked our the swirls in Bahharoth Blue Edge paint, thinned with a little water and washed with Drakenhoth blue wash.

Once this was done, it was onto drybrushing, first with Dawnstone all over, then with Termintus Stone on the flat plates, fingernails and facial detail. Then randomly dabbing on with Nuln Oil, Athoian Camoshade and Seraphim Sepia  on the areas which were overly highlighted to break up the pattern and give a dirty feel to the stone.

A random dabbing of both Mournfang Brown and Gorthor Brown into the rocky, earthy gaps between the raised plates helps give a dirty feel to the model.

The moss was the textured paint, Lustrian Jungle, washed with Camoshade and then highlighted with Nurgling Green and Strakken Green.

The biggest factor I considered when painting stone is that the colour variations usually have directionality, that is the bands of colour flow in thw same general direction, so when drybrushing I always ensure my brush strokes keep a single direction back and forth for each area of the model.

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

How are people playing this beast in the game? I’ve mainly been using it as a buffing piece but he can clearly smash face, I find it difficult to position him on the frontlines but also near my wizards. 

A buff piece? Nah, the Rogue Idol should head, at top speed into the enemy's flank, and tie up a unit or two. It's really there to smash things hard

On 12/21/2018 at 9:02 PM, 5kaven5lave said:

How are people playing this beast in the game? I’ve mainly been using it as a buffing piece but he can clearly smash face, I find it difficult to position him on the frontlines but also near my wizards. 

Depends what army you are using it with.

A weirdfist will use it very differently to a grot swarm list as an example.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:22 PM, Duke of Gisoreux said:

I use the Schleich Stone Monster as a Rogue Idol of Gork:70141_main_v18_tp.jpg

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/GB/eldrador/products/stone-monster-70141.html

I was doing christmas shopping for my kids (and just browsing toys because I like toys...) about a month ago and I saw this same figure on sale for cheap and snapped it up with the exact same idea in mind!

13 hours ago, Malakree said:

Depends what army you are using it with.

A weirdfist will use it very differently to a grot swarm list as an example.

Ah, ok thanks, so for example I’ve been using him sitting back with my Fungoid and Weirdnob Shamans to boost casting (esp. Foot of Gork) and protect against deep strike as my local meta is Stormcast-heavy, how does that sound to you?

Archived