What is the best list I can make with my Moon Clan/ Destruction stuff?

Eevika

So I own a good ammount of stuff but I suck at list building. If anyone is willing to help me get the best list I can with my current models I would really appreciate it. so here is what I own

Heros

• 6 Moonclan Shaman
  • 7 Moonclan Warboss (Mix of all weapon variations) 
  • 1 Fungoid Cave shaman
  • 1 Troggoth Hag
  • 1 Grot Warboss on great cave Squig

Units

• 40 Moonclan Grots with Spears and Shields (Icon, Banner, Gong, netters)
  • 25 Cave Squigs
  • 20 Squig Hoppers
  • 15 Fellwater Troggoths
  • 6 Squig Herders
  • 6 Fanatics

Behemoths

• 2 Mangler Squigs
  • 1 Colossal Squig
  •  1 Aleguzzler Gargant

Warmachines

• 1 Squig Gobba

Thats my 4700 points and Im not sure what I should do with it. 

This seems good to me, you can only run a monster soup, you lack some moonclan grots for board control, at least a 3rd squad, for running troll heavy list, witch can be fun.

Allegiance: Moonclan Grots - Mortal Realm: Ulgu
LEADERS
Troggoth Hag (380) - Allies
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80) - General - Command Trait : Ravager - Artefact : Talisman of the Watcher
Grot Warboss (100) - Moon Prodder & Giant Cave Squig
UNITS
20 x Moonclan Grots (130) - Pokin Spears & Moon Shields - Bad Moon Icon
20 x Grot Squig Hoppers (320)
6 x Grot Fanatics (200)
BEHEMOTHS
Mangler Squigs (240)
Mangler Squigs (240)
WAR MACHINES
Squig Gobba (160)
TOTAL: 1980/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 135 LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 1/4

Edited by Xoledas

8 hours ago, Xoledas said:

This seems good to me, you can only run a monster soup, you lack some moonclan grots for board control, at least a 3rd squad, for running troll heavy list, witch can be fun.

Allegiance: Moonclan Grots - Mortal Realm: Ulgu
LEADERS
Troggoth Hag (380) - Allies
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80) - General - Command Trait : Ravager - Artefact : Talisman of the Watcher
Grot Warboss (100) - Moon Prodder & Giant Cave Squig
UNITS
20 x Grot Squig Hoppers (320)
6 x Grot Fanatics (200)
BEHEMOTHS
Mangler Squigs (240)
Mangler Squigs (240)
WAR MACHINES
Squig Gobba (160)
TOTAL: 1980/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 135 LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 1/4

Hmmm I'll probably look into buying more basic Grots. Only issue is I only like the 6th edition ones and finding those is harder than new ones. This does look quite good though might give this list a shot.

i think this is the best list you can run:

Allegiance: Destruction
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
Troggoth Hag (380)
- Allies
40 x Moonclan Grots (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Cave Squigs (240)
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)
5 x Grot Squig Hoppers (80)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Colossal Squig (300)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 156

Fanatics go in 1 unit of moonclan grots, and in 1 of the hoppers

I think you need 80 more grots. As it stands having the hag as an ally means that you can't give her an artefact.

1 minute ago, Donal said:

i think this is the best list you can run:

Allegiance: Destruction
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
Troggoth Hag (380)
- Allies
40 x Moonclan Grots (260)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Cave Squigs (240)
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)
3 x Grot Fanatics (100)
Mangler Squigs (240)
Colossal Squig (300)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 156

Fanatics go in 1 unit of moonclan grots, and in 1 of the hoppers

I think you need 80 more grots. As it stands having the hag as an ally means that you can't give her an artefact.

Yeah I know I need more grots to be competitive they just arent as fun as Squigs :D I'm interested in knowing your thinking behind the two units of 5 hoppers instead of running one unit of 10.  I'm also thinking just playing more of a GA Destruction list and was wondering if you or anyone else knows if Fimir are a good battleline choise?

18 hours ago, Eevika said:

Yeah I know I need more grots to be competitive they just arent as fun as Squigs :D I'm interested in knowing your thinking behind the two units of 5 hoppers instead of running one unit of 10.  I'm also thinking just playing more of a GA Destruction list and was wondering if you or anyone else knows if Fimir are a good battleline choise?

2 units of 5 to psych your opponent out. If you put 1 unit of 10 he will know where your fanatics are. I'd actually have been tempted by 3 units of 5 :D

I like Fimir as a battleline choice, but its a heavy investment but they just aint no grots. Yes I have grot a problem ...

1 hour ago, Donal said:

2 units of 5 to psych your opponent out. If you put 1 unit of 10 he will know where your fanatics are. I'd actually have been tempted by 3 units of 5 :D

I like Fimir as a battleline choice, but its a heavy investment but they just aint no grots. Yes I have grot a problem ...

See I dont even think about this stuff as I havent played with fanatics at all yet. I have a Squig problem myself :D I mostly like grot shamans and warbosses the regular spear dudes dont interest me that much. I dont think the fimir are even that much of an investment. 3 units and the hero are 145e probably cheaper than finding 80 6th edition Night Goblins

12 hours ago, Eevika said:

See I dont even think about this stuff as I havent played with fanatics at all yet. I have a Squig problem myself :D I mostly like grot shamans and warbosses the regular spear dudes dont interest me that much. I dont think the fimir are even that much of an investment. 3 units and the hero are 145e probably cheaper than finding 80 6th edition Night Goblins

You can find a Battle for Skull Pass set for dirt cheap, my dude. I’m able to find grot spearmen for about $.50 each and I live in New Zealand where miniature prices are comparable to that of precious metals. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mcbrain said:

You can find a Battle for Skull Pass set for dirt cheap, my dude. I’m able to find grot spearmen for about $.50 each and I live in New Zealand where miniature prices are comparable to that of precious metals. 

I know Skull pass goblins are super cheap. I just dont like the way they look. I have 40 6th edition Night Goblins as those guys are way bigger and look better in my opinion I dont want any of the new small Grots.

22 hours ago, Eevika said:

I meant point investment not £££ (you're crazy - in the best way - for the whole 6th ed fandom)

11 minutes ago, Donal said:

I meant point investment not £££ (you're crazy - in the best way - for the whole 6th ed fandom)

Ah makes sense. 6th edition Gobbos stole my heart. It's strange becouse I didnt even play fantasy I have been collecting for a bit over a year but for some reason I just love all the old models. 

• Like 1