Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EccentricCircle

New Years (Hobby) Resolutions?

On 1/11/2019 at 5:09 AM, Aegisgrimm said:

My spirit is willing, but not my body.  Having two kids under 4 seriously kills doing something each day, every day.  I had a project where I wanted to paint a Stormcast skirmish warband by doing one figure a day, and that lasted three glorious days.  Now it's been 6 months and the last figure isnt even started yet.

I have 2 teenagers and also a 3 year old and a 5 year old with Down syndrome.  Couple that with a time-intensive career and it is hard to get much time for anything at all.  I synpathize with your position.

But my main issue is thinking I can model as ambitiously in regards to big army projects as I could 10-15 years ago.  I need to scale back my projects to individual smaller chunks and just concentrate on finishing them.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 3

But my main issue is thinking I can model as ambitiously in regards to big army projects as I could 10-15 years ago.  I need to scale back my projects to individual smaller chunks and just concentrate on finishing them.

Oh, the pain I also feel.....

Right now my goals are two-fold, at least for the Fantasy side of things.

-Paint the remaining three Shadespire Orruks, a Gore Grunta, and three Savage boyz for my Orruk skirmish collection to be completely painted, even though I can already field a good size force that's fully-painted.

-In the same vein, paint three Stormvermin, a Grey Seer, an Ogre (a mercenary addition), and maybe a trio of Gutter Runners to make my Skaven warband collection field-able as a fully-painted force, even though there are some half-dozen Clanrats and an Ogre Leadbelcher also waiting in the wings for the same force but they are not assembled yet.

Edited by Aegisgrimm
  • Like 2

I’m going to finish the Maggotkin army I’m currently working on and “try” not to expand it any further it currently is. I still have to build and paint Tamurkhan and two War mammoths that I’ve been sitting on for a couple years.

I also plan on beginning work on the massive Nighthaunt army that I’ve acquired this past year.  I bought the Soul Wars boxed set, Black Coach, and hero boxes.  

What can I say other than I’m a fan  good looking kits!

My aim is to do some hobby stuff every day that I'm home. My problem is lots of business trips though, cutting down on available hobby days.

So far so good though :)

Here were my goals for 2018:

1) Complete my chosen hero for Silver Tower, the Lord Castellant. Done!

1.jpg.ca5c283ec883a5098ccc4dc1d66c7507.jpg

2) Paint: 3 Flamers, an Exhalted Flammer, 3 Screamers and a Herald of Tzeentch - Almost Done! (Working on the Herald at the moment)

229486267_1(1).jpg.d25952637bc0575e57622a42e3e505f5.jpg

1261584306_1(3).jpg.fe03eda834689f1ea6a8adc4189b7639.jpg

3) Complete all of the heroes from the base set: Mistweaver Saih, Fyreslayer Doomseeker, Knight Questor, Excelsior Warpries and Gryph-hound, Tenebrael Shard and the Darkoath Chieftan

4) Finish my Watchtower terrain piece for Age of Sigmar

5) Rebase and reorganise my Empire army into a Mixed Order army.

6) Rebase and reorganise my Ogre Kingdoms army into a Gutbusters army

Stretch goals:

7) Paint my Nobleman’s house (Chapel) terrain piece

So, I might have been a bit ambitious! I did paint some extra stuff though, a Chaos Lord for my future Tzeentch army, two Chaos Warriors, an Azyrite Ruins set and this guy, a Freeguild General:

1333074784_1(2).jpg.e17d047c55a0c542d58556d74739f975.jpg

For 2019?

1) Herald of Tzeentch for Silver Tower

2) 3 Freeguild Archers for Skirmish

3) Archeological dig site terrain set, including some tents, crates and some treasure chests to use as objectives

4) Freeguild war camp terrain set, including command tents, camp fire, pickets

That should be quite achievable for me, we will see how we go!