img_1630.jpg

I dont have a group shot. 

Converted / finished an Orruk army

img_1977.jpg

A fledgling spider fang 

img_2310.jpg

And the beginnings of the 1st matoreon company made up of ‘extra’ units  

img_22101.jpg

Then the house, hobby room and all came to an end. 

2019 - build a new hobby room in the new location hopefully by Febuary. finish the 1st matoreon. Build a stormcast army. Bought my first model. Lord Relictor - cause I love the fluff. 

Keep optimistic!!!!

Edited by Artobans Ghost
  • Like 2

I don't even want to talk about my goals for 2018 that I had this time last year.  I basically took this past year off from AoS *gasp!* and tried another game out.  Combine that with cleaning/remodelling the house and stuff getting packed up and hidden out of site for a while, and it's tricky to finish projectss.

While I did enjoy that other game, and I think it has some really good mechanics, I much prefer the community for Age of Sigmar, both here on TGA and my local (ish) players.  And I have found that it is the players that make or break a game, regardless of how balanced or streamlined or deep a rules set is.  As such, I will be bringing my attention back around to the game that got me inspired to be more than just a player and start being a leader in the community.

My hobby resolutions for 2019, in no particular order:

• Finish my terrain and scenery projects - I started some up some modular hills and ruins recently that I am itching to finish up, and then I have some more ideas in my head I want to work on.
  • Finish painting my Ironjawz - I have just a handful of models not yet finished, and that needs to be fixed.  Then I may consider expanding them one more time.
  • Collect a BCR/Gutbusters army, a S2D/Khorne army, and/or a Dispossessed/Dwarf army - I have been wanting to put these together for over six years now and it's high time I actually put these together.
  • Start a blog/YouTube channel to spread and share the hobby - another project I have been meaning to work on for years, but never got around to.
  • Start posting regularly here on TGA again
  • Like 2

2018: I'm 15 days away from completing last year's resolution of doing something hobby related every day for the full year.

Pros: I got a lot of models built and painted, including ~3500 point army of Stormcast. Cons: Bringing painting supplies on vacation, those days where it became 11:45 and I still hadn't done anything because I wasn't feeling it. Neutrals: Nobody watched my awkward VLog.

I don't recommend sticking to the must do something every day regiment. I do recommend painting and modeling as often as you feel it though. 

2019: Take a day off from the hobby, get into exercise, learn something new (the guitar?), and finish some armies (Shooting for 6 1,000 point armies).

• Like 1

My resolution is to Mainly hobby and have fun 😀

I would like to try and get some of the following done

Complete the daemon part of my khorne army and add some more fun mortal units

Get my Idoneth to 2k over the year, currently 1200

Complete some as of yet to be determined box sets (a couple from silver tower, rogue trader, blackstone, wrath and rapture, space hulk)

Maybe create a table

Compete in store AoS tourney again 

Maybe try a regular AoS tournament

Play mores games at my local club in Bury, UK

Try my narrative campaign again, maybe 

13 hours ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Start a blog/YouTube channel to spread and share the hobby - another project I have been meaning to work on for years, but never got around to.

Funnily enough this is something I've been meaning to dabble in too - have just picked up a better quality webcam and mic...

• Like 2

This year:

1. Get my Shadespire warbands painted

- Nope, only some of them

2. Get the Skaven and the second Khorne Shadespire warbands and paint them

- Well, I bought them... ^^

3.  Finally getting the Silvertower stuff painted

- only a handfull miniatures.

4. Get some terrain done

- success in parts

5. More converting

- yes, one real success :D

Next year:

- I have to finally paint all of the half finished miniatures on my desk.

- Next should be basing all finished miniatures. 

- Playing a Tournament

- If 2019 is a gobbo year... spend all my money!

Edited by obaobaboss
  • Like 1

2018 In summary

Played 1x2 day event, 2x1 day events and played roughly once a month.

Painted way less than usual.  About 180 models for the year.  Got in the cabinets at heat 2, so that was a big tick for me.

2019 Plans

• Paint up all of the models for at least one of the factions I own.
  • Sell off more of my junk (and part 1 might contribute to this as everything done on an army may make me willing to sell them!)
  • Play down the club a bit more regularly

It's going to be a long one, because I reference these declarations a couple of times a year to see how i'm doing :D 

Looking at my resolutions for 2018: 
I won't be doing numbers pledges, but finishing everything in the to-do box by summer would of course be a very big plus...

First to start off with doing some inventory work. DONE! 28-12-17 

secondly: I recently grabbed a small box which fits about 5/6 models. That is now my 'i'm working on this box'. Kept it up through the whole year! Only exception was the two times I did a bigger unit manufacturing style, which oddly works quite well for me. Also related to this, I learned big models are not my thing. I'm still working on the frigate I bought in may, and painting the cauldron of blood took me 2 months.

Thirdly: play more games. Nope, played about the same amount but there is a Skirmish campaign with my GF on the horizon, so if that's a succes that should help next year. 

So onto 2019.
I have 4 big factions left from WHFB that are all (well) over 2000pts and since AoS dropped I started 4 new factions because I really like the 1K 1,5K games. (+ 3K Beast of Chaos a mate keeps here, 400pts unpainted)

But after several games my interest drops a bit, I need a bit more options to change the lists around to keep it interesting. At the same time the small factions are very close to having cleared all backlog. So my goals. 
1a. Finish the backlog on Slaanesh, Stormcast, DOK & KO. Also finish the backlog on my main faction of Ogors. 
1b. Add a box to every  smaller faction for some extra options. Maybe with  some Path to Glory action. But only after 1a is done.
2. Get my converting on with some Skirmish Warbands :D (which is hard for the stormcast models with everything being push fit)
3. Play more games. 

For personal reference
Slaanesh: 2x Spawn, 5 (old Knights), 5 converted warriors, 3 chariots, Manticore conversion, 5 seekers, 15 Daemonettes, 1x (Old) Archaon (this turned out te be a bit more that I originally thought)
Stormcast: Soul wars + 3 easy to build 
DoK: 5 Khinerai, 8 Witch Elves (metal)
KO: Frigate, Navigator, Khemist
Ogors: 20 Gnoblars, 1x Overtyrant, 1 Converted Butcher with Cauldron.

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 5:55 AM, Overread said:

So you're going to start a resin-crack addition then? ;) 

As an addict. Please please love yourself and avoid that resin crack. It started off with just a glimpse, I said oh they look cool, then years later I'm the proud owner of a Chaos Dwarf Army, but with it being my first army, the plastic crack just doesn't scratch the itch. I've gone to dark places, EBay, I've become a resin crack collector. I've seen my wallet shrink and my savings squandered, its a real problem.

With that being said, my 2019 resolution is to use all the forgeworld and GW WHFB scenery that I've collected over the last year and get it painted up with my mighty fortress so that I have a full table of scenery to play some house rules siege battle campaigns. But before that I want to finish painting my glorious free guild army so that they can defend their modist civilization.

Of course playing more and painting what I've got is a resolution, I'm sad that I haven't been able to play the Chaos Dwarves more in AoS2, but thats life. Best of luck to everyone!

• Haha 1

Man, I have so many things I want to do this year...

Finish my Ironjawz by building and painting the start collecting box, a mawcrusha, and maybe some more brutes.

Get a start on my Free City army, whether that involves getting the swifthawk and kharadron parts or figuring out the conversions for the freeguild I still need to figure out.

Make a table for my house, so I can play with some friends who don't have much time to get into the local store and hopefully get my fiancee back into the hobby.

I can probably get two of these three done, but I need help prioritizing, any votes?

My hobby goals for 2019 are to get my Blades of Khorne collection to >2000 points, and my SCE collection to ~1500. Stretch goal if there are any Dispossessed releases to get to at least 500 there.

I'm going to paint up everything that I have as of today in BoK, SCE, and Dispossessed.

And finally, to play a 2000 point game. I've been at 1000 for awhile, and I want to go all out at the competitive standard.

Well my main goal for 2019 will be to finish of, painting my 2000p boc army (and maybe some skaven models).

as a secondary objective, I’ll be aiming to add another 13’000 to my skaven collection.

although that might need more than just a year.

for a third and possible objective (rather than the second one) I’ll be aiming to rebase my skaven army.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 12/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Well my main goal for 2019 will be to finish of, painting my 2000p boc army (and maybe some skaven models).

as a secondary objective, I’ll be aiming to add another 13’000 to my skaven collection.

although that might need more than just a year.

for a third and possible objective (rather than the second one) I’ll be aiming to rebase my skaven army.

ANOTHER 13,000... awesome.

9 minutes ago, Luke82 said:

ANOTHER 13,000... awesome.

Of course, a skaven army just feels naked if it doesn’t have a core of at least 800-1300clanrats.

(but sadly  that’ll have to wait until I’ve finished painting most of my skaven stuff, so maybe a possible goal in 2years)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Sell my backlog of miniatures, no more languishing on the shelf.

Pump that money into my hobby slush fund, and make less impulse purchases. Buy 1 thing, paint it, repeat.

Stick to one army until it's fully painted, and get them on the gaming table! Either Moonclan or Beastclaw... depending on how Moonclan actually shake up xD.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Of course, a skaven army just feels naked if it doesn’t have a core of at least 800-1300clanrats.

(but sadly  that’ll have to wait until I’ve finished painting most of my skaven stuff, so maybe a possible goal in 2years)

I’d love to see what 1300 clan rats looks like on a tabletop!

Kind of ties into my own resolution to embrace the collecting side of the hobby and build the armies I have to ginormous levels rather than get distracted and start any more! I’m moving in the new year and will be able to have a dedicated area for my minis rather than packed away in boxes, so I want my Nurgle army especially to look like an actual army on display, kind of like the cover of the Lost and Damned.

I also want to get into the narrative side of the game and make up some battle plans that are fun, away from the 2000 point standard. (Any narrative / narrative curious players in Essex by the way?)

• LOVE IT! 1