Base - squared to rounded

ACBelMutie

I have many old miniatures with squared bases, but I'm playing Age of Sigmar and I should use rounded bases. The easiest way is to glue round bases under the squared bases, but do you know anything about adapters? Do they work? All sizes? I have a lot of skeletons and zombis. They all need 25mm rounded base and the actual base is 22x25mm if I'm right.

Greetings

Old skeletons ans zombies are on 20mm squares which are probably 20-22 mm in orthongally and 28ish diagonally    

If you like the current basing job I'd suggest  what I've done in the past clip the beveled portions off non slotta base squares  and trimmed the corners  and then glued that to the top of a round.   

You can use squares for non competitive play (and competitive play in the right tournament pack) the issue is you may fit more attacks in with squares then yo u might with rare.  I'd suggest 'fudging it' until you rebase by turning your models diagonally when piling in - that diagonal width is about right for the 25 mm rounds.

I'm probably going to try 3D printing. A friend of mine is going to get a 3D Printer for Christmas and I have found an adapter: https://www.stlfinder.com/model/20mm-square-miniature-base-to-25mm-round-base-adapter-GpwkPGPV/7512620

If the adapter works, I'm going to print 200 to convert my 20mm squared bases (zombis and skeletons) to 25mm rounded bases.

Greetings

The issue with a converter from 20mm square up to 25mm round is that you'll end up with corner overhang (orange in the picture), which isn't really desirable and I'm not sure that they'd be acceptable at a tournament (you'd need to check).

To a certain extent if you're happy with the overhang, the cheapest way would be to glue a 25mm round MDF base underneath - certainly cheaper than a 3d printed one.

image.png.e73e46bc54e10da4703a978fa8a49cbc.png

Archived