Hagen's Advent Calendar Models and the Future of Skirmish

Greyshadow

I am so excited by the news of Age of Sigmar Skirmish in January but I haven't seen much discussion about it. As an example of the wonderful work it has inspired, I want to highlight a warband created by our very own @Hagen. Hagen's work is currently being featured in the blog Les Kouzes as part of their advent calendar. You can read more about Hagen's work on his blog.  (Hagen's work posted with permission).

Caravan of One Hundred Moons Skirmish Warband

Mathos, Guardian of the Caravan

“Those born with the Moon in the House of Aqshy will possess the loyalty of a hound and bronze will be their bribe for the gatekeeper once their time has come” 

image.png.a5a5b4f0c18bd15c9993f381836e8149.png 

Baba  Raghul, the Fortune Teller
"Those born with the Moon in the House of Azyr will always cast their gaze over the horizon and theirs will be the secrets of the paths lost and the ones yet to open"

image.png.f3cf63e3f8a032b628511af20b9249f0.png

Tevildo, Prince of Cats

“Wise shall be those born with the Moon in the House of Shysh as they’ll know that no treasure is worth a grain of the Sand of Time ”

image.png.1592b30589c3e70f2c810a9374c0552a.png

I read a recent post on here that was quite critical of our current skirmish book. While it may not be to everyones liking, I love the current book. I love how lean it is and how it complements the main event that is the full game of Age of Sigmar. The narrative of the included Shadespire campaign is awesome. I have been so inspired by skirmish that I have been working on nothing else for most of the year.

While I am thinking something like Kill Team may be coming in January, I am personally hoping for a more incremental update. Either way, if skirmish continues to inspire hobbyists like Hagen, I will be more than happy.

P.S. Thanks Hagen for letting me post your truely stunning work.

(Aaand of course my likes are used up by the time I see this)

Those are unbelievable!  Love everything from the look to the fluff!

I agree with you on Skirmish, it's very fun and I love that it's a tie-in to Shadespire. It's been such a great way to test out new forces and go for another level in narratives that isn't battlefield size.

Here's hoping the upcoming Skirmish will be what we're looking for! :D

(I'm fairly certain it will be as that new starter looks about the right size for Skirmish and Slaanesh's prison is right next to Shadespire in the void so it'd make sense to connect them and update it's lore)

Wow, they are stunning minis, so vibrant. I love the idea of a December advent calendar and would love to have had a go, there are so many minis I have waiting to be done up for skirmish but I just dont have the time to do it during December, too many exams and this year I also have a thesis due in on the 26th. I might try for a January/winter version as that's when I finally get time off (Sleep month!) 

I'm actually hoping that the skirmish in white dwarf leads to nothing. It's late in the day for any large version of skirmish not to have made some kind of rumour, a sneak peak, a leak, anything! So right now, if feels as if the best we can hope for is another pamphlet style book. I love the original skirmish, it's now the only AoS I play (with a little mix of @bottle hinterlands thrown in). I'd hate to see GW squander what is a potential money maker for them, by just rehashing the same old pamphlet style rules, with a couple of narrative updates. It deserves so much more than that. I do still of course hold out the chance that Bottle has constructed the Hinterlands V3 that he was working on before GW scooped him up. If we're not getting a kill team style/sized box set, then a hard backed greywater/hinterlands skirmish book would be the next best thing!

What ever we get, at least it will put skirmish back out there in peoples mind! When the 1st ed skirmish came out it was a great time to be part of AoS, the community was buzzing with warbands and ideas. I just hope that they keep skirmish on the side of fun, kill team became very competitive and not at all like the 'suitable for RPG and narrative players' they advertised it as. AoS already has a tournament scene as well as shadespire (which, correct me if I'm wrong, but seems to appeal to competitive players more. Lovely models but the game never appealed to me, so know little about it) so hope they keep skirmish a fun, lite, narrative system.

seeing as all we're going on about Skirmish appears to be one line in White Dwarf advertising what's in the next issue do we actually have anything to back up that it's going to be anything substantial? Could be wrong but I, personally, suspect that it will probably end up being something like a battle report and not much more.

I noticed that on the community site in the, I think, 'Tale of 4 Wordlords' pieces they've been running they conspicuously mentioned playing skirmish games a couple of times recently, and to me it feels like trying to get people talking and thinking about it as part of a build up to releasing a proper v2 of Skirmish following more of a kill team vibe with more limited army/model options to make it more controllable and allow them to bring out interesting new models and get more terrain in use.

Personally I'd expect to see that roll out next summer, with an aggressive role out of boxes much like Kill Team. KT's been such a success it would be crazy not to try and emulate that with fantasy rather than go off half-cocked, but we'll see.

@Greyshadow love the models! great theme, I've been really thinking about a kind of Xerxes era Persian themed Tzeentch force and these are super cool.

Archived