Beasts of Chaos and Faction Keywords

Vanger

Question

Hi everyone!

In the latest FAQ the Beast of Chaos warscroll battalions have been changed:

"Followers of the Brass Bull
Units from this battalion gain the KHORNE keyword. In addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the Khorne faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction."

Does this mean, that if I take a Brass Despoilers warscroll battalion I could include that in a Blades of Khorne army and the beastmen would also benefit from the Battle Traits?

3 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yes

edit just keep in mind that you cannot give your beasts of chaos units any artefacts or commandtraits when taking them and the battailon in a blades of khorne, magotkinn etc. Army.

the only exception would be Slaanesh since they allow any hero to take the given artefacts and commandtraits. 

Yes, that would be obvious as the goarmen do not have the Bloodbound, Daemon or Mortal keywords.

But in the meantime I took a better look at the BoK book and on page 78 it says:

If all the starting units and warscroll battalions in your army follow KHORNE – including any units that you assign the KHORNE keyword to during set-up – then your army has the KHORNE allegiance. An army with the KHORNE allegiance – sometimes known as a KHORNE army–can use the potent allegiance abilities found on the following pages.

So yes, I can mix and match any unit or warscroll battalion as long as it has the Khorne keyword, no matter if it's Beast of Chaos, Slaves to Darkness, Daemon, Bloodbound or whatever :D

1 hour ago, Vanger said:

Yes, that would be obvious as the goarmen do not have the Bloodbound, Daemon or Mortal keywords.

But in the meantime I took a better look at the BoK book and on page 78 it says:

If all the starting units and warscroll battalions in your army follow KHORNE – including any units that you assign the KHORNE keyword to during set-up – then your army has the KHORNE allegiance. An army with the KHORNE allegiance – sometimes known as a KHORNE army–can use the potent allegiance abilities found on the following pages.

So yes, I can mix and match any unit or warscroll battalion as long as it has the Khorne keyword, no matter if it's Beast of Chaos, Slaves to Darkness, Daemon, Bloodbound or whatever

Exactly and building a mixed Khorne army, just looks amazing.

Archived