Objective grabbers needed!

Ben

Hi everyone. 

I'm looking for an objective grabbing ally unit for my Legion of Azgorh.  

2-300 points to spend.  

Lots of bodies required.  

This is my allies list - Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monsters of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Tzeentch pretty much all of chaos!

I'd like to ass a bucket of attacks to the list.  I have plenty of rend and mortal wounds.  I struggle with big blobs of bodies.  

In faction I can use Ironsworn.  They are 90/240 for 30.  1 attack per model.  4+ armour.  

Can anyone suggest a better option than this? 

Cheers!!

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Hi everyone. 

I'm looking for an objective grabbing ally unit for my Legion of Azgorh.  

2-300 points to spend.  

Lots of bodies required.  

This is my allies list - Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monsters of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Tzeentch pretty much all of chaos!

I'd like to ass a bucket of attacks to the list.  I have plenty of rend and mortal wounds.  I struggle with big blobs of bodies.  

In faction I can use Ironsworn.  They are 90/240 for 30.  1 attack per model.  4+ armour.  

Can anyone suggest a better option than this? 

Cheers!!

The new fiends of Slaanesh (probably in a unit of 6 if possible) are a possible good choice. Very fast, give penalities to hit and wound, very high bravery, have a high average damage against minor elites (11 on average) and a monumental amount of damage against monsters and heroes (14 on average). I mostly suggest these for their speed, penalties to hit, and ability to quickly clear a point of things like Chaos Warriors and Stormcast. They do only an average of 9 damage against 1 wound troops so might not be what you're looking for. 

That said, if you were more looking for anti horde, have you considered Blightkings? Lots of extra hits, loads of wounds, decent save. Only issue is their speed - without a feculant gnarlmaw, you'll be trailing along behind.

I'd recommend either Bestigors or Chaos Marauders.

300 points gets you 30 bestigors. They're fast, can dish out attacks, have a mediocre save and can punish large groups or Order units that try to budge them.

200 points gets you 40 marauders. Less punchy, but can just throw out a lot of low value attacks and have numbers. Slower than bestigors, but more numerous. 

Archived