Clarification for taking multiple Arcane Items of the same type

I asked WHW for clarification about this, I wanted to know if I can take several Crowns of Command to use Inspiring Presence 3 or 4 times to cover all my battleline units (if I have enough formations) , this is their response

Hello James, 

My understanding is that what you have said is correct - the book is pretty clear in that regard. If you have multiple Warscroll Battalions, then you can have multiple artefacts, the only restriction being the number any single Hero can carry. 

There is certainly the impression that they are designed to be unique, but unless an FaQ or amendment comes out that states that specifically, you are free to assign as many Crowns (or artefact of your choice) as you like for the Warlords event. 

See you here!

Regards, 

John Bracken

So this is kind of confirming what we already knew, but nice to know it will be ok to do at WHW events. It's a massive massive boost for Pestilens and low armour/save armies.

3 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Hmm.  I don't like that so much and I would hope it gets FAQ'd the other direction.  Making entire armies immune to battleshock will invalidate the role of other units.

Well I could just take a skaven bsb from the legacy scrolls who gives a bubble of immune to battleshock,  I am paying quite a high price for the 3 formations I am using , 60pts more than a BSB in total.

I agree that they shold be unique items though.

I'm just hoping when they release the Pestilens PDF update for the allegiances, that there are some battleshock mitigation aids and also ward save and rend aids, so it's really a get-me-by until then.

3 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Hmm.  I don't like that so much and I would hope it gets FAQ'd the other direction.  Making entire armies immune to battleshock will invalidate the role of other units.

Well I could just take a skaven bsb from the legacy scrolls who gives a bubble of immune to battleshock,  I am paying quite a high price for the 3 formations I am using , 60pts more than a BSB in total.

I agree that they shold be unique items though.

I'm just hoping when they release the Pestilens PDF update for the allegiances, that there are some battleshock mitigation aids and also ward save and rend aids, so it's really a get-me-by until then.

Archived