Realms at War - Legends 18th-20th November PLAYERS EMAILED CHECK YOUR INBOX

Mitzy

On 07/10/2016 at 3:56 PM, JontyGoesGaming said:

Bought the Mistweaver Saih to convert for my aspirant, as it was too good an opportunity to pass up - only to find she's a lady! So the Magpie King has undergone gender reassignment and a hasty background edit has taken place! Also, finding 28mm bird miniatures is a damn sight harder than it should be. 

Here you go, these might help:

https://hexy-shop.com/shop/accessories/modelling-basing/fantasy-mb/ravens-basing-kit/

IMG_0421.JPG

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a small request. Is it possible for you guys to fix some sort of transport tray for me? They're pretty useful to have at events. Unfortunately, international travel and large, rigid objects is a bit of a pain.  Not like I can fly in the Ark of the Covenant!

Doesn't need to be anything fancy or anything. Just one less thing to pack for me goes a long way!

36 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

I have a small request. Is it possible for you guys to fix some sort of transport tray for me? They're pretty useful to have at events. Unfortunately, international travel and large, rigid objects is a bit of a pain.  Not like I can fly in the Ark of the Covenant!

Doesn't need to be anything fancy or anything. Just one less thing to pack for me goes a long way!

Yo man, I can bring a bit of Zintec up for you if your models are magnetised. Just let me know how big. 

7 hours ago, HobbyHammer said:

Yep, read that pack, was just checking.. 

My question was aimed mainly at using Paladin and Nobility and Free Peoples all together. Just checking it was ok. 

Could i therefore add in Freeguild Keywords too, if needed?

Oh I see what you mean.  

The idea of giving aspirants keywords is so they can fit into a faction rather than being able to be a focus for a load of buffs ;)

Your aspirant would definitely get the Order keyword but for the other you should choose the most appropriate one typical of the GW warscrolls. I'd suggest using those that fit the theme of your aspirant the best. Brets for example can have Nobility and Free People on one warscroll so just those two would be fine but we wouldn't want to see Paladin and Free Guild on it as well.

cheers

jimbo

It's been a while, but Death is patient and takes its time.

Waking. Sleeping. He only knew the difference because of the pain and the visions were gone. Just complete and total darkness, a slow black, crow-black shroud.

He'd heard that when one sense was stilled, the others would increase to compensate. Now that he was effectively blind it struck him that this wasn’t true, but he came slowly to his remaining senses he realised he simply valued the others that much more. An echoing slither and crack of objects shifting beneath him, and a loamy, putrid smell of grave dirt and long-undisturbed dust.

And there was an itch inside of him, muscle deep, like a gnawing on his bones.

He moved, and quickly realised it was a mistake. Pain blossomed through him. His arm flapped uselessly, sending up an echo and a clatter. He tried the other, patting across himself in the dark, over his side and his stomach. 

Something was pierced through his ribs. 
It jutted out, smooth but splintered at the end. He could feel his flesh where it had pushed through, cold and ragged. Wood? That didn’t feel right. Bone. He was skewered through his chest, his thigh, his arm. Skewered by broken, shattered bones.With his good hand, he scrabbled beneath him at a round object pushing at his side. A skull. Panicking, he twisted, tried to stand and suddenly he was sliding downwards, echoes rising and falling like waves,  falling over and through the pile of bones until he slid to a halt. 

Here, there was some light. Faint and ephemeral, as if it came from everywhere and nowhere at the same time, as he focussed he could see the outlines of a tunnel. Tentatively, he staggered to his feet.

How long he followed the lights, and when the pain truly disappeared, he didn’t know. Only that suddenly he realised it wasn’t there any more, conspicuous by its abscence. That was the moment that he also realised he was no longer breathing. But the itch, that was still there, and alongside it was a growing, terrible thirst that he tried his best not to think of. Still he wandered through the silent empty depths. 

Some were crude tunnels and chambers, looking more as though gnawed through the very rock than hewn by hand or tool. Others were vast sepulchural galleries elegantly carved with the images of death, ossuries that towered into the dark. In one such chamber, surrounded by piles of bones, an old man sat, clutching a staff. About him, ephemeral lights swirled, occasionally forming into mournful faces, before fading like smoke. 

He stood and stared, as if unable to remember how to speak. 

“You are here!” He old man wheezed. “The magpie king!” he chuckled, and the sound was like the churning water at the bottom of a chasm.

His voice, so long unused was a hoarse croak, startling even himself.
“You know me?”
The old man chuckled, spirits playing across his fingers and dissipated as he batted them away affectionately. 
“Yes, I know you. You are something special.”

He tottered forward, and collapsed on the dusty bone-strewn floor. 
“What is happening to me?”
The old man’s eyes narrowed. He leaned forward, lips peeling back to reveal black and ruined teeth. 
“You know.” he hissed. 
“The soul-blight.”
“Yes. You feel it don’t you. The soulblight is on you, but you were dead the moment you passed the well’s mouth. You are something different. You can feed on the living, but it is not enough. He leaned forward and smiled, his face a patchwork of cracks.
“The well hungers, and now you are part of its hunger too.” he whispered, and sank back onto the stone steps.
“What is it, the Well?
“Those above called it the Well of Silence. There are many such gates, across the mortal realms. When I came down it was the centre of a great city. But that was a long time ago.”
“It’s a realmgate?” 
“The old man cackled. What, you’ve never seen one on the ground before? They’re all different, boy. Who knows what it once was. The secrets of this place have been lost, long over time.”  He rose, creaking to his feet. “Come, it is time to uncover them”.

Together they walked, and as they did, he learned.

“This place was lost over time. It was once a noble place of burial, a gate, to the realm of Shyish. A necropolis, built far below, within the deeping ways of the earth.” 

“But it is more than that” he murmured.

“In the last days before Sigmar retreated and left us to rot, it was a weapon. Every soul, of every body committed to the Well is trapped here, waiting to be released. An army impervious to the blood-man’s axe or the rat-thing’s tooth. But it was never released. The wardens came too late, and chaos washed across the land, spilling blood and hewing skull, leaving ruination in their wake.”

He grew accustomed to the spirits that roamed the corridors and halls, lined with tomb upon tomb, some more ornate, and civilised, until they regressed again to the crudest tombs far in the depths. He woke all the spirits. He found that the dark was no longer a problem. 

“Where are we?” He once asked as they looked out over a great sarcophagus, its sides carved with images of scythed reapers. 

“The underworld.” the old man grunted, sullenly.  
“But which one?”
The old man rounded on him. 
“Which? I don’t know. And I don’t want to know!” He jabbed him in the chest. 
“Knowledge like that is a dangerous thing Magpie. There are those that would rule over every last corner of the realms of death and make us their playthings. I would sooner they didn’t know. We are both creatures of death, you and I. All of us are part of Him. The one that rules over all the dead. And what we know, in part, he knows. And I would sooner avoid His attention.” 

Sometimes they made their way back to the pile of bones and the Well’s foot, though no supplicants had come for an age and more. Sometimes though the blood-men came, tumbling from the darkness above, whether through accident or sacrificial rite he knew not nor cared. More often the rat-things came gnawing through fissures in the rock. Then he was happy, as it meant they had flesh to eat and more spirits. He ripped their souls from their bodies and basked as they wailed and moaned in the air above.

Time passed. Day and night had long since lost any meaning, until they made the now customary journey to the bone pile. 

“Something is different” he said.
“You feel it.” the old man said, and clapped a hand on his shoulder . “It is time.” 

On the edge of hearing, there came a chattering, a cawing as if of hundreds of thousands of birds. The noise swelled, like a tide, and with it, spirits in thousands, flowing around the stone dais, bearing them upwards. A howling gale of nighthaunt that bore them up, up to the mouth of the Well.

He would rise. The Magpie King would rise again.

Hi chaps,

Thanks for all the lists - we are still waiting for the last four to come in so there are definitely going to be Infamy points to be drunk or rerolled!!

The RAW team are in full flow with getting everything sorted out for an immense weekend!  Steve was interviewed on the recent episode of Heelanhammer where he revealed some more teasers about the event so it's well worth a listen!

We've also had some fluff from 14 people so far.   It would be great to get some fluff from everyone.  If you could either post it here on TGA or send to raw16@realmsatwar.co.uk we would really appreciate getting some background on your Aspirant.  Ideally, we would like it have it by the end of October if possible.

There are also a couple of people who haven't said what Aspirant they are using or given their aspirant a name - again if you can send to the RAW email address above, that would be awesome.

Keep an eye on twitter for RAW updates - I will definitely try to get some terrain photos out on Wednesday after I failed miserably last week although that was because Mitzy and I went into overdrive and got a tonne of stuff built! 

Cheers

Jimbo

On 10/5/2016 at 10:24 PM, HobbyHammer said:
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Hi chaps,

Thanks for all the lists - we are still waiting for the last four to come in so there are definitely going to be Infamy points to be drunk or rerolled!!

The RAW team are in full flow with getting everything sorted out for an immense weekend!  Steve was interviewed on the recent episode of Heelanhammer where he revealed some more teasers about the event so it's well worth a listen!

We've also had some fluff from 14 people so far.   It would be great to get some fluff from everyone.  If you could either post it here on TGA or send to raw16@realmsatwar.co.uk we would really appreciate getting some background on your Aspirant.  Ideally, we would like it have it by the end of October if possible.

There are also a couple of people who haven't said what Aspirant they are using or given their aspirant a name - again if you can send to the RAW email address above, that would be awesome.

Keep an eye on twitter for RAW updates - I will definitely try to get some terrain photos out on Wednesday after I failed miserably last week although that was because Mitzy and I went into overdrive and got a tonne of stuff built! 

Cheers

Jimbo

Sorry for the delay - Fluff below

In the land of mushrooms beyond the endless forest lives the Aliquam Moonclan. They’re a typical bunch of grots, apart from Nozard whose life will exceed all others and be cast into the book of grudges for eternity.

Little is known about Nozard’s past. Stories and rumours have merged to create a raft of clearly exaggerated truths. Some say his mother has always been a troll whereas others say Nozard had her turned into one, due to her cruelty to him as a Grotling…. As for his rather unattractive twin sisters, we will save those stories for another time.

One thing’s clear, Nozard by some form of magic or mishap has the ability to communicate with the creatures of all the realms and the bigger the creature, the stronger the bond.

Nozard has been on the search however for one particular creature to add to his collection, a squig! These little critters have always fascinated Nozard due to their ability or stupidity to not fall so easily under his control.  

No one knows why but some say Nozard has always idolised a certain Grot of legend whose name can be heard around campfire “Skarsnik”!

Nozard currently sits second in rank and only serves King Warlord Bagunz who’s relied on Nozards ability to control creatures to grow the Aliquam’s clan might. He’s even gone as far as to equip many of his clan with Nozard’s favoured weapon, the infamous Moonclan Net to bring to him more creatures!

Bagunz has never feared any other Grot in his clan and has certainly never seen Nozard as a threat due to his rather pathetic frame and laughable attire but what Bagunz has failed to realise is that Nozard has managed to gather support amongst the ranks and a secret stash of shrooms that have given Nozard forsight into the future…. All he needs now is the reincarnation of Gobbla, then Bagunz will be cast into the history books and the rise of Nozard shall begin!

3 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I'm pleased to announce there will also be another TBS interview with the RAW crew ahead of the event. We will be recording the week after Clash. A bit nearer the time I'll probably field for some questions from the other entrants, so keep an eye out for that.

Indeed we will be gassin' with Chris in a couple of weeks. It really is great to be getting such a positive response to the event and our thanks go to all of the podcasters for their interest and support! 

We REALLY appreciate all the effort you guys put in to your shows!

Hi all, I wanted to ask y'all if my homemade diy sylvanth wildwood bases would be acceptable at RAW? The measures are the same as the citadel bases and they have the unplayable circle areas marked out on them but I thought id try save myself a $zillion and get creative so I made these out of MDF. If its a NO WAY then sod ya's and i'll leave them at home but if they're GOOD TO GO then Hurrah and my bank balance can breathe again.

IMAG0176_BURST001.jpg

@carrigher82 As the chaps have mentioned above, there is no problem with you using DIY wildwoods but they would need to be the same shape and size as the GW ones and have some trees on them so everyone can tell that they are a wood!  I would suggest at least three trees in the locations of the GW trees but if you want to add more to each base to make them denser, that would be fine.

I'm actually making some DIY wildwoods myself (or I would be if I wasn't making RAW terrain 24/7!!) and I've got some mdf bases cut by sarrisa.  They've also cut discs out where the gW trees are positioned and I'm planning on gluing some real tree branches to them to make the trunk and branches and attaching a load of GW foliage to make the canopies. 

Jimbo

List submitted:

Loecs Jesters

Leaders
Nomad Prince (80)
- General
- Trait: Strategic Genius
- Artefact: Relic Blade

Spellweaver on Purebred Steed (120)
Waywatcher (100)
Shadowdancer (100)
Wayfinder (100)