Realms at War - Legends 18th-20th November PLAYERS EMAILED CHECK YOUR INBOX

Mitzy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to look forward to this now, my FEC are nearly painted and ready (to my standard at least), now to start fluffing them up!

So far thinking this for the Royal house of Ravenous the Fourth

Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon - The Sovereign Monarch King Ravenous the fourth
Ghoul King on Terrorghiest - Grand Duke Severis the Blackheart
Ghoul King - Baron Gravus the Gore Stained
Vargulf - Earl Vindictus the ever thirsty
Crypt Haunter Courtier - Ser Vilmon Knight Questor of the order of the Devouring
Crypt Haunter Courtier - Ser Durant Knight Errant of the order of the Blood Stained
Crypt Ghast Coutier - Lord of the Famished Manor Ser Rhoven The Twelth
Crypt Haunters - Royal Order of the Devouring 
Crypt Haunters - Royal Order of the Blood Stained
The Famished Manor
Crypt Ghouls - Legion of Thousand Teeth
Crypt Ghouls - Legion of Deathless claws
Crypt Ghouls - Legion of the flayed ones
Crypt Ghouls - Cohort of the Sanctified Flesh
Royal Menagerie -
Zombie Dragon - Tattered Wings
Terrorghiest - Insatiable Maw
Vampire Lord - The Royal Envoy Marcus Von Carstien of the House of Carstien

Evening All,

Just to say all lists should be emailed to info@eatbats.com as stated in the pack by midnight on 8th October (Saturday). Thanks to everyone who has submitted their lists. We look forward to seeing the rest and publishing some stats ASAP.

Cheers

Mitzy

Here is the list I am bringing.

Name

Unit

Dogga da Albino

-

Warrior Aspirant

Volk’gar da Lucky

-

Orruk Megaboss on Maw-Krusha
General
Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Command Trait: Ravager

520 Points

Ragdrak da Ravager

-

Orruk Megaboss

140 Points

Loknar da Frenzied

-

Orruk Warchanter

80 Points

Satak da Seer

-

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman

120 Points

Sataks Slashas

-

10 x Orruk Ardboys

180 Points

Loknars Choppas

-

10 x Orruk Ardboys

180 Points

Doggas Bashas

-

10 x Orruk Ardboys

180 Points

Morks Muntas

-

10 x Orruk Ardboys

180 Points

Volk’gars Smashas

-

10 x Orruk Brutes

360 Points

Ragdraks Bruisa Boyz

-

5 x Orruk Brutes

180 Points

Da Pig Stikkas

-

3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas

180 Points

Gorks Gruntas

-

3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas

180 Points

I wrote a bit of backstory, I hope you enjoy it.

A figure shuffled into camp, no one saw where it had come from, and no one could work out where it could have come from. Volk’gar’s Waagh had stopped in the middle of a dust bowl to make camp before moving onto their next victory. Volk’gar had been with his smashas, the largest collection of brutes in the camp, challenging Ragdraks Bruisa Boyz to fights in the makeshift ring of green bodies in the middle of the camp. This wasn’t uncommon, there was a fierce rivalry between the brutes commanded by the two great Megabosses of the Waagh; usually Volk’gars boyz got the job done.

The fighting had stopped however. Volk’gar stood there observing this stranger, he couldn’t quite believe what he was seeing. It sort of looked like an Orruk, and it certainly moved like an Orruk, but something wasn’t right.

“Oi! Dis git looks like one dem ‘umies, ‘is skins not green!” yelled one of Volk’gar’s brutes.

Volk’gar felt fury and rage rise within him, the muscles in his body hardened in the split second he prepared to launch his attack against their unwelcome guest. As Volk’gar lunged towards the intruder, Satak da Seer emerged from the gathered crowd.

Volk’gar was able to land a heavy fist on the face of the trespasser before Satak was able to raise his voice above the howl of his fellow Orruks.

“Volk’gar! Gork ‘as granted me vision”, Sataks voice carried high in the air and reached Volk’gars ears, but his words had no effect on Volk’gars attacks. Green energy shot from his fingers, and struk Volk’gar on the shoulder of his roughly beaten armour, the force of the blast causing him to turn and face the Shaman.

“Wot you do dat for?!” Volk’gar yelled at the Shaman, his rage burning in his red eyes.

“Gork has chosen him, he has been chosen to help us smash our enemies” The Shaman replied, his voice taking on an ethereal quality that Volk’gar understood meant he had been taken by the energy of da Waagh!

Volk’gar looked back towards the pale Orruk, still angry at his presence on his camp without his permission.

“Who are ya den? Ya got a name, Albino?” Volk’gar snarled.

“Dogga” replied the stranger

“Satak better be right about ya, git. Otherwise I’ll kill ya me self”

4 hours ago, KyeBaker said:

Am I writing a 2500 point army list, artifacts battle traits and Battalions included?

Or a 2500 point, pool of choices to make my army with on the table?

Yeh good question actually. I wasn't sure if I was writing a 2.5k list to play with, or a pool.

@MarkyMark - Looks like I may not be the only one with a Royal Menagerie then! Your list looks much more honed though (unless all the units are min numbers).

Just gotta work out what I need to do for Clash with my Ironjawz and then can crack into getting The Venetian Court together. Sourced some more Kingdom Death minis and picking up more Sisters of Slaughter heads from @Cowboy Boots Matt, so should have everything I need now! Time for some high concept drybushing!!

@KyeBaker since the games will be different point sizes, treat it like a pool but battalions need to be included in the 2500.

@HobbyHammer we have access to the venue from 5pm on the Friday and we're aiming to be sitting outside ready to get in with the tables etc at 5pm on the dot (all ninja speed like!). Once a table is set up you're welcome to use it for practise games.

If anyone is there at 5pm and fancies helping set up, it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded with a firm handshake.

@Chris Tomlin Ah its a Royal  Menagerie  in fluff only, its just two big beasties (one of each) I did put down 2 terrors 2 Zombie dragons against Mitzy last week but havent ran that yet, I suspect it would be most evil, most units are min though :(.  Full list is

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon.  General.  Artecfact - Ring of Immortality.  Command Trait -Rule of the night.
His Royal Highness, The Sovereign Monarch King Ravenous the fourth commanding Tattered Wings.
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist.  Artecfact - Ring of Immortality. - Grand Duke Severis the Blackheart, riding the legendary Insatiable Maw.
Abhorrant Ghoul King - Baron Gravus the Gore Stained.
Vargulf - Earl Vindictus the ever thirsty.
Crypt Haunter Courtier - Ser Vilmon Knight Questor of the order of the Devouring. (Red Based) (Abattoir)
Crypt Haunter Courtier - Ser Durant Knight Errant of the order of the Blood Stained. (Yellow Based)
Crypt Ghast Coutier - Lord of the Famished Manor Ser Rhoven The Twelth. (Purple Based) (Ghoul Patrol)
Crypt Haunters - Royal Order of the Devouring. (Bone based) (Abattoir)
Crypt Haunters - Royal Order of the Blood Stained. (White based) (Abattoir)
The Famished Manor
Crypt Ghouls - Legion of Thousand Teeth.  (Green Based) (Ghoul Patrol)
Crypt Ghouls - Legion of Deathless claws. (Blue Based) (Ghoul Patrol)
Crypt Ghouls - Legion of the flayed ones. (Brown Based) (Ghoul Patrol)
Crypt Ghouls - Cohort of the Sanctified Flesh. (Gold Based) (Abattoir)
Aspriant.  Necromancer - The Royal Envoy Marcus Von Carstien of the House of Carstien. (Henrich Kielmer)
Legend. Vampire Lord - Lord Chancellor of the Feast, Marcus Von Ravenous the converted. (Konrad Von Carstein)
Battle formations (Battalions)
Abattoir
Ghoul Patrol

Muffled sounds fill the ears of Manfred. He is awake… why was he asleep? His eyes start to make something out the shape of some humans surrounding him. One starts pouring something in his mounth, his eyes immediately put everything into focus. Blood! Ghouls, Utrech, Henzel… How had Utrecht survived? Where was the Fang of Kadon? Last thing he remembered doing was stabbing it into the heart of the Stormcast Vandalus. How long had he been asleep?

Spoiler

ASPIRANT:

Manfred Von Carstein: WARLOCK

LEADERS:
His Imperial Majesty Angar Utrech XVI:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)General.  

Artecfact - Ring of Immortality.  Command Trait -Red Fury

Viscount Henzel von Kurze: Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)

Ulrich Jaeger Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120) 

Leopold Geissler Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)

Siegfried Sauber Necromancer (120)

Vockenburg Cairn Wraith (60)

UNITS:
Crypt Ghouls x 30 (300) 

Blood Knights x 5 (260) 

Morghast Harbingers x 2 (240) 

Morghast Archai x 2 (240) 

Black Knights x 10 (240) 

Skeleton Warriors x 40 (320)

- Ancient Blades

WOUNDS: 168 TOTAL POINTS: 2500 / 2500

Bought the Mistweaver Saih to convert for my aspirant, as it was too good an opportunity to pass up - only to find she's a lady! So the Magpie King has undergone gender reassignment and a hasty background edit has taken place! Also, finding 28mm bird miniatures is a damn sight harder than it should be. 

So, I've scaled back/changed my plans a tad!  

The Court of Knives is an insidious vampiric coven led by the self-styled 'Red Countess'  and her household guard. In her quest to build an empire to rival that of the Queen of Mysteries herself, she has secured a dark pact with a mysterious individual, known only as the Soulthief, who has emerged after thousands of years from the Well of Silence, an ancient and forgotten realmgate from the Age of Myth.

Flanked by row upon bleached row of silent skeletal minions and surrounded by chittering hordes of red-eyed bat-creatures, the Court of Knives is a fearsome (hopefully) prospect. With the necromantic power of her spectral allies, there is nothing stopping the Red Countess from carving bloody ruin across the mortal realms at her slightest whim.

But who truly commands the host of undead flocking to her banner? 

Army List

The Court of Knives
The Red Countess and her handmaidens
Coven Throne (260)
Vampire Lord (140)

And their foul servants...

The Vespertine Guard
Wight King with Baleful Tomb blade and Infernal Standard (120)
15 Grave Guard 

The Fallen
3 Vargheists (160) 
6 Bat Swarms (240)

The Mortuary Legion 
10 Skeleton Warriors
10 Skeleton Warriors

The Soulthief's Host 

The Soulthief 
Aspirant - Wizard warscroll (Free)

The Lady of Shadows 
Tomb Banshee (60)

The Scythes of Horror
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Mourngul (400)
10 Hexwraiths

The Stolen
12 Spirit Hosts

And that's it! 2480pts of toothy, phantasmic gribblyness.

Fluffy McFluff time.  I'll spare you the space and boredom of outlining my list but here's something on my Aspirant...

The stormvermin champion considered himself to be lucky-gifted to have been born with the dirty grey fur of the stormvermin. Some, he knew, faked their way into the elite with dye or dirt but he was born-destined to take on the red mantle of his clan. He had learned to be mighty-cunning as soon as he could hold a halberd and very quickly earned his name.  To survive-succeed as a Skaven warrior, you had to be ruthless-cunning.  When his brood mate started giving him unwanted advice, he simply turned to him and said “Stikkit” and buried his halberd in the fool’s chest.  When the next warrior asked him why he had killed his fellow, he said “Stikkit” again.  The other troopers didn’t ask questions after that.

Stikkit quickly rose through the ranks, moving from the front line of the unit to somewhere near the back where he was more likely to survive.  He carefully dodged the drummer's clubs he was offered (not pointy-sharp enough…) in favour of the falling comet standard of his unit.  Stupid rats, not realising that the painted rags were hung off an overly long halberd that meant he could stay further from the front line.  It wasn’t long before his stupid boss-champion tripped over something (perhaps an overly long halberd..) and fell on his enemy's sword in combat.
Now Stikkit had his chance at the top job - unit champion.  But to survive he had to Aspire to greater - no Stormvermin champion lasted long unless he could quickly become a warlord and jump back from the frontline.  Stikkit had idea-planz.  He wanted to lead his own Clan.  Too long had the Skaven race scraped their existence with the minimum available resources - stupid vermin.  He was going to lead a proper clan, one that was overbrimming with resources.  The most potent powder for his Jezzails, the best steroids for his Rat-Ogres.  Everything taken to the maximum possible - Clan Vermax!!

List submitted:

Order Wanderers army: The Last of the Wanderers

“Skarloc was the last son of a noble house, Drakeriders and Fyrebreathers all. His sensibilities took him ranging the long paths of the Wyldwoods. His affinity with nature and its tenacity cast him as something of an outsider. Where his kin burnt the minions of Chaos in droves he picked them out with a keen eye and keener shots. Preferring to stalk and learn from his prey he drew mockery from the Aelves of Dragoncourt. In self imposed exile he wandered and made his warriors path in tribute to the lost gods of Athel Loren and his forbears. In time this drew others to his side, disparate bands of Aelves and forest spirits, sensing kinship and greatness to come…”

Unit

Glade Lord (general), Command Trait: Tenacious

Glade Lord on Stag, Artefact: Phoenix Stone

Shadowdancer

Shadowdancer

Spellweaver on Purebred Steed

20 Wildwood Rangers

5 Wild Riders

5 Sisters of the Thorn

18 Waywatchers

3 Warhawk Riders

3 Treekin

Treelord

Treelord

Aspirant Ranger ‘Skarloc Longstride’

FREE

Total

Hi all, here's my 2460pt Sylvaneth list -

Battalions:  x2 Household - 40pts

Gnarlroot Wargrove 80pts

Free Spirits 40pts

Army:        General - Treelord Ancient - Gnarled Warrior Battle Trait - Artefact: Oaken Armour - 300pts

x1 Unit 30 Dryads - Battline - 360pts

x2 Units 5 Tree-Revenants - 200pts

x2 Branchwychs - Artefacts: Ranus Lamentiri - 200pts

x1 Spirit of Durthus - Artefact: Daiths Reaper - 400pts

x1 Treelord Ancient - 300pts

x3 Units of 3 Kurnoth Hunters - Bows, Sycthes and Swords - 540pts

Total 2460pts

Additional Spells (from Gnarlroot Wargrove ability):

x2 Branchwyches - Regrowth Spell

x2 Treelord Ancients - The Reaping

Aspirant model: Dryad

Legend model: Treelord

Archived