Realms at War - Legends 18th-20th November PLAYERS EMAILED CHECK YOUR INBOX

Mitzy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Dong...Dong... Dong, the alarm bells sounded, in quiet slow question rather than full on panic, suggesting that the position on the ground was not exactly clear.  As always, the true warriors of the realm had gone off to war and so who knew whether this was a full on onslaught, or the stragglers of a defeated advance force, still with energy yet to rape, pillage and burn....  

And so Yelrom Drakir drew his sword from the straw mattress, pulled on his armour, and went outside to direct the little Free People as they came out of their houses.  A shadow had fallen over the land, that was clear, hindering (severely! glad I am in this for the narrative and not the win!) the watchmens' 30 crossbows, muminarks laser shot, and the priests spells, but he knew if he could get his guard onto the ramparts of Mitzmanheim in time, they would better spy their enemy who would have no place to hide. "Damn this fog" Yelrom swore, to no one in particular, it swirled everywhere, hell, you could barely distinguish friend from foe until the last minute....# 

if anyone fancies grudging a shooting army in a place where shooting is hindered (but with a chance of not being) in a realm where my base scheme lends itself to city fighting, throw your glove into the ring :) 

IMG_8656.JPG

9 hours ago, Drakira said:

"Dong...Dong... Dong, the alarm bells sounded, in quiet slow question rather than full on panic, suggesting that the position on the ground was not exactly clear.  As always, the true warriors of the realm had gone off to war and so who knew whether this was a full on onslaught, or the stragglers of a defeated advance force, still with energy yet to rape, pillage and burn....  

And so Yelrom Drakir drew his sword from the straw mattress, pulled on his armour, and went outside to direct the little Free People as they came out of their houses.  A shadow had fallen over the land, that was clear, hindering (severely! glad I am in this for the narrative and not the win!) the watchmens' 30 crossbows, muminarks laser shot, and the priests spells, but he knew if he could get his guard onto the ramparts of Mitzmanheim in time, they would better spy their enemy who would have no place to hide. "Damn this fog" Yelrom swore, to no one in particular, it swirled everywhere, hell, you could barely distinguish friend from foe until the last minute....# 

if anyone fancies grudging a shooting army in a place where shooting is hindered (but with a chance of not being) in a realm where my base scheme lends itself to city fighting, throw your glove into the ring :) 

IMG_8656.JPG

Somebody get on this grudge and play through the bloody streets of Mitzmanheim... It's my home town and therefore needs defending!

Soz Bud, Owen Abram @ mightymoon14 and his khorne boys already accepted the challenge.  

Must be those damn cultists and their shrine on the table next door, always summoning naughtyness, that or it's my aspirants secret partner....

can you stick me and mighty moon down at mitzhenheim please 

P.s. catch your orange jaws for a game at club sometime soon though mate

Morning Mordants!

Be sure to check your podcast apps tonight as I will be releasing Episode XCIX of The Black Sun between around 7-8pm. This is focussed wholly on this event as I am joined by @Mitzy & @Jimbo for a bit of #roadtoraw chat!

I also decided to do a little reading of my fluff and put that into the episode, I really enjoyed doing that and in particular hope you enjoy my Ghoul King voice!!

Anyway, be sure to check it out. Perhaps it'll help you get to the line with any last minute work (I still have my display to paint) or entertain you on your journey.

Not long now, can't wait to see you all in a few days' time (providing @DeadlySarcasm can sort his car!!).

Just to confirm, Episode XCIX of The Black Sun went out last night. It's surely a must listen for all entrants, so go check it out!

How is everyone doing hobbywise? Unfortunately, editing and releasing over 8 hours of podcast content over the last week has really taken it's toll. Whilst I told myself I'd be finished in time, with no late nights, I was up until just got 2am last night and fear the same again tonight. Really really happy with my army though, can't wait to lay it all out at the weekend.

I put out a cheeky #wipwednesday video on Twitter last night as well, gives a bit of a sneak peak at a few bits from the army.

Gonna have to do a bunch of cleaning in my hobby room next week though as I had to spray in there last night due to bad weather. There's black dust everywhere! :S 

Just listening to it now Chris! 

I'm looking forward to meeting all you sexy people this weekend! I managed to finish my army a while ago, mostly knowing just how much terrain needs to be built and painted for Realm Hoppers, that is now taking up 100% of my hobby time! I have no idea how you guys managed 20 tables worth of awesome terrain #hobbygoals 

Day off tomorrow to clean the car, pack the car, Tesco snack and drink run etc.

#excite 

Hi all!

I've got onto this a bit last minute and rushing to get a legal army painted in the 3 days since getting a ticket!

Didn't realise there were no special characters allowed and only had 2.4k painted, 900pts of which were Drycha and Alarielle [emoji30]

Anyway, set to be on track to finish all I need, though my army will regrettably be a little inconsistent [emoji20]

I'm bringing the Sylvaneth, more specifically 5 Treelord variants and 12 Kurnoth hunters (yes... that's all!)

I've been running a campaign with the boys from TBS and TLL called Ascendancy (which you can follow on Twitter @AscendancyAOS ) and as such already had a little background and names for my characters, so here is my initial fluff piece from that.

Thanatos, Lord Hypnos gazed out into the great darkness.
For what felt like an eternity he stared, his ancient eyes scrying the night and the silent waters.
Until he saw what he was looking for.
Synaestra... or at least her silhouette... Her ghost in the fog.

Thanatos was the head of this secluded clan, commanding the utmost respect from his kindred.
He was a natural leader, strong in both body and mind, he was the saviour of his people.
It was by his hand that the Sylvaneth of the Vengeful Equinox had escaped the clutches of oblivion here in Ulgu.
That Synaestra the Senescent made even he, most venerable of Ancients, feel like a witless sapling was a testament to her incredible age and wisdom.
Synaestra was the sempiturnal guardian of the clan's precious soulgroves.
Synaestra's counsel was considered almost sacrosanct, but for the first time she and Thanatos were experiencing a difference of opinion.

"Synaestra..." He spoke, his words drifted across the still water like a glacier. "It must be done, Synaestra. Every fibre of my being is telling me compelling me to follow these beacons. They will lead us to our salvation."

"They will lead you to your doom, Thanatos. They are spectrelights, nothing more. This realm is teeming with illusion, you know this." Came her reply, like tendrils creeping through the fog.

"I am sorry Synaestra, but it is already done. I am not a nocked arrow, I had been loosed before I knew my mark. Now I can but fly until I meet my destination."

To accompany that, and to put more emphasis on my Branchwych Synaestra (who will be my Aspirant / Legendary Hero for RAW) I knocked this extension up this morning. It could be better but I had very little time to commit, so it is what it is.

"How dare he?!"

She spat curses to herself as she headed back to the recluse of the soulpod sanctuaries.

Never before had anybody forsaken the guiding wisdom of Synaestra.

"Thanatos has not saved our people at all, he has merely delayed our impending doom."

Once there she began a somber lament to those she would be leaving behind.
She feared that this would be the last time that the Oakenheart Wargrove would march to war... that these soulpods would never develop... that there would be no future generation.

...and Thanatos was to blame.

His anger blinded him to reason.
This crusade of vengeance was folly.
It should be she who sat upon the Oaken Throne.
It should be she who decided where the lives she nurtured were spent.
It should be she who held the fate of the Oakenheart in her hands.

A fierce determination had awoken inside her, imbued in her heartwood.

Thanatos was a mighty leader, but Synaestra would show them that even he was not enough.
She would see that the Wargrove of Oakenheart would blossom once again.
She would let all the realms see her true power.

And she would see that retribution was dealt.

My campaign Army is named The Vengeful Equinox, and I wanted vengeance and hatred to be the driving factor for everything they do, be it towards the enemies of the Wargrove or others within.
Synaestra is quick to point out how Thanatos is blinded by his anger, yet she is so hateful herself that she does not realise she suffers from the same affliction.

Hopefully some more stories can be forged at RAW, starting with the Vengeful Equinox crushing@deadlysarcasm 's Ironjawz!

Aaron

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots

So today is the day we all actually get on the road to RAW!

I was only up until 1am finishing off my army display last night (so mega early for me!) and am super excited to whip it out in front of you all tomorrow! ;) 

I think my excitement for the army is at a way higher level than anyone else is likely to feel, but hopefully some of you nerds will think it's cool! I just need to read up on what it does in game...

I definitely need to spend some time on scroll builder working out what I'll take in the smaller games as stupidly I just submitted a straight up 2.5k list without any consideration to smaller games :S 

Work until 3pm, then getting picked up by tree hater @DeadlySarcasm, go grab my gear then pick up bae, (@Forestreveries) and make our way up to join the party. Are people hanging out for a few shandies tonight then?

Chris

12 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Work until 3pm, then getting picked up by tree hater @DeadlySarcasm, go grab my gear then pick up bae, (@Forestreveries) and make our way up to join the party. Are people hanging out for a few shandies tonight then?

Yer dude, @KyeBaker, @warhammernerd And myself will be down there tonight, playing games, drinking lemon squash and eating Chocolate Orange whilst smelling each other. 

Ok so I can't see myself being overly productive today, suffice to say I'm pretty excited!

It's cool we are bringing up such a big group from down south; our group chat for the event is 9 people including @Shurse as well as our extended local group form Weymouth, Dorchester, Poole/Bournemouth and even @Tom Hewitt in Southampton. Should be a super fun time.

I do have a question for the TO's regarding list construction for the individual games. When submitting my 2500 points, I submitted it is as list, it occurred to me since then that it is not a list however, it is more of a pool (ala Clash). On my list I assigned command traits and artefacts...however this simply doesn't work in a pool based system (which this is) as what if I don't use those characters? Now I guess the narrative answer would be; "tough luck, you lose the items in that game"...which I fine, I suppose. However, what if I use two characters listed with artefacts from my list (that is really a pool!), but don't use the battalion which unlocks that second artefact?

I get that for narrative play it may make sense for the characters to keep the same trait/artefact from game to game, however I cannot get my head around a way this works when using various sized lists from an overall pool.

Basically, can you freely pick traits/artefacts before each game? What say you @Thornshield@Mitzy@Jimbo@Devilreefman?

Apologies if I have missed the answer to this from somewhere in the pack, I appreciate I have less excuse than pretty much anyone else if this the case haha! :D

Please note I am not asking this because I want to tailor each game, (I haven't even read my warscrolls yet!!) I just want to make sure I'm doing it right each game. I'll probably stick to the same items, they just may be on different characters.

How did everyone else submit their list/pool? Artefacts included?

Chris

Ok so I can't see myself being overly productive today, suffice to say I'm pretty excited!
It's cool we are bringing up such a big group from down south; our group chat for the event is 9 people including @Shurse as well as our extended local group form Weymouth, Dorchester, Poole/Bournemouth and even @Tom Hewitt in Southampton. Should be a super fun time.
I do have a question for the TO's regarding list construction for the individual games. When submitting my 2500 points, I submitted it is as list, it occurred to me since then that it is not a list however, it is more of a pool (ala Clash). On my list I assigned command traits and artefacts...however this simply doesn't work in a pool based system (which this is) as what if I don't use those characters? Now I guess the narrative answer would be; "tough luck, you lose the items in that game"...which I fine, I suppose. However, what if I use two characters listed with artefacts from my list (that is really a pool!), but don't use the battalion which unlocks that second artefact?
I get that for narrative play it may make sense for the characters to keep the same trait/artefact from game to game, however I cannot get my head around a way this works when using various sized lists from an overall pool.
Basically, can you freely pick traits/artefacts before each game? What say you @Thornshield@Mitzy@Jimbo@Devilreefman?
Apologies if I have missed the answer to this from somewhere in the pack, I appreciate I have less excuse than pretty much anyone else if this the case haha! [emoji3]
Please note I am not asking this because I want to tailor each game, (I haven't even read my warscrolls yet!!) I just want to make sure I'm doing it right each game. I'll probably stick to the same items, they just may be on different characters.
How did everyone else submit their list/pool? Artefacts included?
Chris

I spoke with Jimbo, who deferred to The Dictator and said General had command trait fixed but artefacts are chosen game by game.

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots

Archived