Sisters of the Thorn x 5 (220)
Warhawk Riders x 6 (240)

Total: 2500/2500

Aspirant Warrior 'Ossier Vosseleri' FREE

Seen this list in action, very solid! 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/208-realms-at-war-legends-18th-20th-november-players-emailed-check-your-inbox/?do=findComment&comment=24355

Part II - Introducing 'Simple' Biff

Some say 'Simple' Biff was probably not dropped on his head enough as an infant. Others insist that he was raised by a pack of wild mournfang. But to say that Biff had gone full ****** would be an understatement at best.

Old Mac looked down from his mighty stonehorn at his nephew and grimaced slightly. He had begrudgingly agreed with his sister that he'd take the lout with him on his latest (and of course greatest) expedition to date. And to be fair to Biff, he had turned out to be a pretty handy fighter when push came to shove - and shove came to bludgeoning someone to death. The other upside of having an imbecile in his crew was that you could give him instructions and he'd loyally follow them like a lost frost sabre puppy. This made Biff the ideal candidate to look after the crews gold reserve. No-one but Old Mac was allowed to look in the chest, and anyone stupid enough to try would likely get their face caved in by the massive flail that Biff swung around all the time whilst shouting "EE-AYE-EE-AYE-OHHH!" ...Biff had taken to singing the crew's war chant at every opportunity.

Biff looked up to his uncle and gave him a gap toothed grin, and Old Mac couldn't help but smile to himself. He regarded him more closely and caught a strange glint in the oversized Ogors eye.

"He may be dumb, but I have a feeling that Simple Biff may not be all he appears to be", Old Mac thought to himself.

41 minutes ago, Drakira said:

Will take the last ticket if still available?

Done, you're in...

Can you please make payment of £45 via PayPal (info@eatbats.com) as per the pack on page 1 of this thread?

As soon as we receive payment we will update the player list.

Cheers

Mitzy

Ok, 10 pages and 230 posts read!  Next onto the packs for more details.  For now though I can confirm that I will be running Order - Free People as luck would have it, I'm about 2k in to a Tale of Gamers thing @warhammergc where I've used all LOTR models, mainly gondor, so it's pretty themed and hopefully fits the bill nicely 

sneak peak of the hurricanum, "muminark" , general on griffon/balrog below IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

1 hour ago, Drakira said:

Ok, 10 pages and 230 posts read!  Next onto the packs for more details.  For now though I can confirm that I will be running Order - Free People as luck would have it, I'm about 2k in to a Tale of Gamers thing @warhammergc where I've used all LOTR models, mainly gondor, so it's pretty themed and hopefully fits the bill nicely 

sneak peak of the "muminark" , general on griffon/balrog below IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

Oh wow, what a great idea! I love the aesthetics of this!!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh...

5 hours ago, Drakira said:

Have read the aspirant packs and I will take the warrior aspirant please.  Think that just leaves me needing to submit 2500 points and a bit of fluff I think? Let me know if you're missing anything else.

That's all we need thanks, oh and a name for your aspirant, cheers.

Hi

Hopefully everything in one place here except 2500 point list (to follow).  Richard Morley, drakira@hotmail.com, #drakira4, Club - Dorset Doggers.  

Aspirant  = Warrior scroll.  Model - Aragorn.  Name - “Yelrom Drakir”

Legend = Model - Sauron

As my army consists of LOTR models, and their scale is smaller than AOS, I have lovingly named them in our “Tale of Gamers” blog over the last few months (www.warhammergc.com) as the “little free people”, so without further ado, the fluff is:

“Yes they were smaller… yes they were weaker...yes they were mocked throughout the realms for all this… but that didn’t mean that they couldn’t fight!

It’s just that no one gave them the chance…..

Ha!  If only those arrogant, self aggrandising fools knew that they were just players on a stage and the ultimate joke was on them!  Because when the warriors fell….and they would...then who was left to stop the enemy, hey?  It was those who were left behind, those who were considered to be incapable, impoverished, ill educated, those who were, dare I say it….ordinary….

It is those people who will be left to fight at the end, those people who will have to find courage, those people who will take up arms, not because they choose to, but because they have no other choice.  When the “true warriors” have fallen, and there is no one else left alive...it is those few….those very few…

And so I ask you now anyway, who is the more courageous? The natural born warrior, taught how to fight and how to be, from the very first moment he suckled on his wet-nurse’s teat to his first founding on the battlefield at the age of 15, leading men who knew better, who had experienced much more, men who, but for their lineage, wanted with all their heart to stand up and shout out, “NO, YOUR PLANS WILL LEAD US TO DIE TODAY!.....

Or is the courageous man in fact that man, or woman, who has never known the cold hard steel of war, but takes up arms simply because they will not let their child be slaughtered, their family butchered, not today, not ever…

It is that world I was born into.....

I never knew my father. I was told he was buried along with a hundred others under a nameless grave on a battlefield far from here.  He was, after all, nothing more than a hospitalier.  As for my Mother?  Another victim of childbirth out in the hovels.  And so that left me.  Just me…..

My name?  For what it’s worth?  Yelrom Drakir.  

The name means nothing, nothing to you I am sure, nothing to those who matter anyway.  But in my own little way I have gone about trying to make things better, make my life better, make my peoples life better….

So we have worked with the Duardin and they have improved our armour ten fold.  We have befriended the collegiate arcane who, after all, are drawn to civility rather than humility.  We have practised long and hard on wartime drilll….after drill ….after drill…..

We are ready for war.  My people are safe, and always will be.  Whether we are overlooked , or called upon, or mocked…..

………

Well, that’s not strictly true…..

I am told that a benevolent being, 30 milleniums from now, will make a similar choice to the one I have just made…..

I have been offered great things it is true.  But they only make me laugh!  Blood, eternal life, ultimate knowledge, eternal ecstasy…..honestly, come on?!  Can you hear yourselves?  It’s all a bit, well, theatrical wouldn’t you say, and dare I say it, dull?  

Ha! Still, truth be told and despite my open condescendance, my ego is not so large that I do not recognise my own, and my peoples' failings.  In return for a very small measure of strength, just enough to put us on a level footing mind you , an accord has been struck, but do not be concerned for it is of course one that I can control!  I will lead, and I will overcome, and I will be loved.  I know of course that I must keep in check all the whisperings of temptation that my foul secret partner would have me believe, but let’s face it, how could a simpleton like me become anything more?  Ignorance really is bliss, and to think that there are powers out there that think me capable of more is laughable!  It is that thought that keeps all safe.  

Pfff!  What’s that you say?  A dark lord on a dark throne, more powerful but corrupted than all he sought to protect!  These realms would freeze over before that happened….”

Right, have managed to cobble together a list based on what I've got, projects under way, and what new stuff I think I can do in a limited amount of time!  As a footnote, the WYSIWYG option should be fine as I think all the conversions fit this bill (crossbowmen have had a weapon swap from gondor bows to empire crossbows, halberdiers have had their gondor spears swapped with empire halberd etc) but happy to just "TAKE IT OFF!" If any issues ?

So, list below, warrior aspirant, think that's everything you need from me now so I'll shut up ? (never posted so much in my life!), crack the paints out, and see you all in a few weeks time (ps - just let me know if I've not done anything)IMG_8387.PNG

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, Jimbo said:

We've also had some fluff from 14 people so far.   It would be great to get some fluff from everyone.  If you could either post it here on TGA or send to raw16@realmsatwar.co.uk we would really appreciate getting some background on your Aspirant.  Ideally, we would like it have it by the end of October if possible.

Hey,

Unfortunately there is very little chance I will get any fluff done by the end of the month what with prep for Clash. Is this going to be a problem?

@Chris Tomlin okydky. If you could get something in by 10 Nov, that would be workable. It should give us enough time to make any appropriate tweaks for the weekend.

To be clear, if people don't want to write fluff, they don't have to! We just feel it all adds to the narrative experience so please don't feel that there is any pressure to provide fluff if you don't want to :)

jimbo

Forgot this (order army)

Battle Mage is a jade wizard with life surge (radaghast)
Army General is the one on foot and has "master of defence"
General on griffon has "relic blade" and a great hammer 
20 guard have swords and shields, 10 guard have halberds and shields 

hopefully that really is everything now.  Everything sent in one email as well to try and summarise!

Hi guys! 

Just sent my payment across after a quick chat with Ming on Twitter... I'll try to get a list etc to you asap, just need to digest the pack etc! 

Hopefully I was in time to grab the spot! 

Thanks

Steve Hursell

@Shurse great to have you aboard! When you've decided what you want to bring, please send your list to raw16@realmsatwar.co.uk rather than the info@eatbats indicated in the pack.

Links to the free Aspirant warscrolls are on page one of this thread - you just need to choose one as a free addition to your 2500 point army.  If you can include a name for your aspirant plus your armies battletrait, that'd be great too!

If you need anymore info, please shout! Easiest way to get hold of me is on twitter @jimbo9jimbo 

cheers

jimbo

1 hour ago, Shurse said:

Hi guys! 

Just sent my payment across after a quick chat with Ming on Twitter... I'll try to get a list etc to you asap, just need to digest the pack etc! 

Hopefully I was in time to grab the spot! 

Thanks

Steve Hursell

Oh sh*t yeh!! This event just got much better...albeit much gingerer also!

BYOB...want me to pick up some local Cheddar?

Archived