Ulgu, slaanesh and malerion

Kempak

So from looking at recent Warhammer community and release of wrath and rapture

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/10/10th-dec-where-in-the-mortal-realms-is-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2/

It's starting to discuss slaanesh and ulgu. So I was wondering if there was any more news about Malerion. I've heard malekith fused with Seraphon to create Malerion (IP friendly). Now I previously spoke about elves and tried a khornate army was looking at slaanesh as well with new wrath and rapture. Was thinking that and slave to darkness (slaanesh themed) might be a balanced force. 

But now it's Talking about the realm of ulgu is there anything down the grapevine about a possible Malerion and ulgu realm figures. Seriously games workshop take my money if so. 

Just wondering if people had heard anything before I invest in redundant armies. As I have some elves from path of glory be fitting to get their eternity king reborn. 

3 minutes ago, Kempak said:

I've heard malekith fused with Seraphon to create Malerion

Not true, just a misconception created by some people. Malekith awakened in the Mortal Realms as a shadowy creature with no memories and later gained solid form. No fusing with dragon.

"Shadow" Aelves and "Light" Aelves as factions have been a rumor for quite  a while now.

But like all GW rumors that don't have tangible evidence straight from the source, it is all speculation on when they could come out. Could be 6 months from now, could be a year. I mean look at 2018, 0 Destruction updates had occurred!

There was the new Grot Shaman along with the Moonclan and Troggoth warbands, though. ;)

But anyway, I expect Malerion and his Shadowkin a bit further down the line. Daughters of Khaine are already a deadly force to defend Ulgu with as the Slaanesh plot moves forward.

I'd not expect Malerion and his shadowy elite to come to field until a few years later when Slaanesh threatens to truly break free.

Malarion rules most of the Shadow Realm that isn't held by any Chaos forces. Morathi was gifted the darkest, most shadowed corner of the realm to put her people in. 

So in theory when the Shadow Aelf army comes it could well be bigger/more diverse than Morathi's army. We only know that the aelves he creates from his quota of souls harvested from Slaanesh are more "demonic" in appearance; but we've no idea at all what they look like nor any real details of his people there. All is shrouded in shadow. 

6 hours ago, Kempak said:

So from looking at recent Warhammer community and release of wrath and rapture

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/10/10th-dec-where-in-the-mortal-realms-is-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2/

It's starting to discuss slaanesh and ulgu. So I was wondering if there was any more news about Malerion. I've heard malekith fused with Seraphon to create Malerion (IP friendly). Now I previously spoke about elves and tried a khornate army was looking at slaanesh as well with new wrath and rapture. Was thinking that and slave to darkness (slaanesh themed) might be a balanced force. 

But now it's Talking about the realm of ulgu is there anything down the grapevine about a possible Malerion and ulgu realm figures. Seriously games workshop take my money if so. 

Just wondering if people had heard anything before I invest in redundant armies. As I have some elves from path of glory be fitting to get their eternity king reborn.

There has been no information about Malerion beyond the picture and references from the original book, it is reasonable to suppose that he and his hypothetical "Shadow Aelves" won't be introduced for some time to come, particularly as there seem to be a number of other army releases being teased for next year. I don't think we'll see Malerion/Shadow Aelves before 2020, I could of course be wrong, but if such a release were coming soon we would probably have heard something about it.

All hail the true Phoenix King Malerion/Malekith!

just to give some added sources about what the main man has been doing in the mortal realms: 

From the malign portents short stories:

https://malignportents.com/story/a-rescued-soul/

and a blurb from the malign sorcery book talks about him hanging in his capital city of Druchiroth(sp) and taking shadow magic to new heights. 

We also know that the Mistweaver is from uglu, presumably the shadow aelves faction, as per the original silver tower book. Likely the tenebrael shard as well. 

So a few hints in the fog and shadow and mist; seems appropriate for the god of shadow magic.

56 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I think we will see Hysh Aelves first anyway as DoK and Deepkins  are quite dark and both Order and I think GW needs second "good" faction and Malerion force could be hidden for as long GW wants and it would fit them. 

Is it possible that the light and dark aelves will come together?  Dual kits that can be built for either army with a few different bits (wings, heads, weapons)?

Is there any precedence for a kit that can be built for different factions?

Not to my knowledge. The fun of having different factions is that they're so unique when compared to one another and can be told on sight who they are.

5 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Like some kind of Dark Elven Tomb Kings! Count me in... 

I'm betting more on the stuff mentioned  like Chamon Cogmen or
Golemkin. Dark shadowy crystal constructs sound about right for Ulgu(probably powered by aelven souls that Malerion took/imprisoned) and could be a jumping off point for converted fluff races like those or the Tzeentchian crystal armies mentioned.

5 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I think we will see Hysh Aelves first anyway as DoK and Deepkins  are quite dark and both Order and I think GW needs second "good" faction and Malerion force could be hidden for as long GW wants and it would fit them. 

Agreed. Malerion likely won't make a move for some time yet until Slaanesh is ready to be freed where as it's already mentioned Hysh is in trouble and Tyrion plans to save it so it's a more immediate concern.

Archived