Stormcast 1000pt Tournament list

rayztoyz

10 Retibutors are a straight up work force.  I played a 3k game yesterday against free peoples shooting list.  My opponent had 1 steam tank , 2 cannons, volley gun, gun master, snipers.  Basically everything that shoots.  I maxed out my list so I opted to not use any formations. (Which was a huge mistake on my part). I've never played against a Free Poples list before but I was warned about the shooting.  I kept my group of 10 retributors out of rage and on the opposite side of the board (4x8 table). My opponent had, on my left, steam tank, sniper, cannon/crew, great swords, volley gun, cannon/crew, long rifle guys, Hurricanium, crossbow men, battlemage x2, etc.. I kept my retributors out of the way until after the first round of shooting as my opponent went first.  I tried to soften up the steam tank by using 2 units of Judicators but I only took off a couple of wounds.  Then I remembered I could move my retributors to his back like so I tele-bombed his steam tank and destroyed it in the 3rd round.  Then I started moving my retributors down the line against all of his shooting.  At the end of the 5th turn he only had no major shooting remaining.  I was able to get into close combat with a bunch of Liberators. He conceded the game since he lost initive on the 6th turn.  Long story short a unit of 10 Retributors work very well.  Those 10 do more work than 2 units of 5 Judicators.  I can't see myself ever taking a single group of 5.  It's hard to stand up against 4 Starsoul maces followed by 13 other hits with the possibility of 6's being 2 morals wounds each.  You are talking about about 5 moral wounds per round plus normal hits/wounds.  

I found it i fount it!

Imagine a bloodbound Dark Feast :

A bloodsecrator, the bloodstoker, the priest and 40, 30 and 30 bloodreavers, that is 103 models.

Yeah yeah bring your deathstar with your 12 mortal wounds and enjoy the counter attack of thoses massives units with 4 attack each immune to battleshock.

Worse : a vampire, a necromancer and a huge unit of 120 zombies (12 units melted in one) under +1 attack, inspiring presence and dance macabre. braiiiins!

Kozokus.

17 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I found it i fount it!

Imagine a bloodbound Dark Feast :

A bloodsecrator, the bloodstoker, the priest and 40, 30 and 30 bloodreavers, that is 103 models.

Yeah yeah bring your deathstar with your 12 mortal wounds and enjoy the counter attack of thoses massives units with 4 attack each immune to battleshock.

Worse : a vampire, a necromancer and a huge unit of 120 zombies (12 units melted in one) under +1 attack, inspiring presence and dance macabre. braiiiins!

Kozokus.

I think the key to the counter would be roughly matching the points cost!

Oh yes sorry i was speaking of an army as a whole, for me at 1000 pts the vexibutor at 640 is unseparable from the 2judicaors because fielding liberators instead seems not synergic.

I was just trying to build armys where mortal wounds and heavy losses are mitigated. by sheer number of wounds and immunity to battleshock.

Countering the retributors without adopting a strange pattern of formation o the battlefiels seems difficult.

I had 2 units of starsoul maces teleport onto my maw-krusha on the weekend and they did 3 wounds to it. Talisman of protection would work like that with any destruction hero in theory?? 4+ save against mortal wounds only requires mediocre rolling. Add a mystic shield and he's saving all the other wounds on a 2 up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 2 units of starsoul maces teleport onto my maw-krusha on the weekend and they did 3 wounds to it. 

I think the Hammer dudes are feeling unloved!:/ They still contribute too. Same with units of Shockbolt Bows.

1 hour ago, Papapene said:

I had 2 units of starsoul maces teleport onto my maw-krusha on the weekend and they did 3 wounds to it. Talisman of protection would work like that with any destruction hero in theory?? 4+ save against mortal wounds only requires mediocre rolling. Add a mystic shield and he's saving all the other wounds on a 2 up.

I'm not sure if you meant the starsoul maces just did 3 wounds or the 10 rets total did 3 wounds.

Even so I think this is important to remember. The ploy can be fluffed and things like this can happen. The SE player can pick the wrong target, the wrong moment. They can role badly. You can bait him into a juicy trap.

That kind of thing.

In the above example I wouldn't consider tele-bombing something that is buffed up to a 2+ save.  That's what Liberators with "Lay Low the Tyrants" are for.  Or maybe a unit of Protectors with their Deathstrike special rule.  Or just tele-bomb a Stardrake. 

I'm not sure if you meant the starsoul maces just did 3 wounds or the 10 rets total did 3 wounds.

Even so I think this is important to remember. The ploy can be fluffed and things like this can happen. The SE player can pick the wrong target, the wrong moment. They can role badly. You can bait him into a juicy trap.

That kind of thing.

The whole unit did 3 wounds. I didn't mention either that that was over 2 rounds of combat. Admittedly I did have dice rolls but average dice rolls would be, what? Maybe 5 wounds

In the above example I wouldn't consider tele-bombing something that is buffed up to a 2+ save.  That's what Liberators with "Lay Low the Tyrants" are for.  Or maybe a unit of Protectors with their Deathstrike special rule.  Or just tele-bomb a Stardrake. 

He thought he'd be good with the mortal wounds I guess?? He rolled a few 6s too. I might have got it wrong, are people asking how this list can be beaten at 1000 pts??

51 minutes ago, Papapene said:

The whole unit did 3 wounds. I didn't mention either that that was over 2 rounds of combat. Admittedly I did have dice rolls but average dice rolls would be, what? Maybe 5 wounds

With a 4+ vs. Mortal Wounds, the Retributors deal an average of 6 wounds in one combat round, discounting the Hammers that fail to roll sixes.

With a 2+ vs. Mortal Wounds, the Retributors deal an average of 2 wounds in one combat round, discounting the Hammers that fail to roll sixes.

I'm not really concerned that the retributors can be stopped or mitigated, any unit can. The whole point is that they are one of the strongest units in the game. Whether they are 1st 2nd 3rd or whatever in power ranking doesn't matter as much as the fact that they will delete 90% of whatever you put them up against.

Archived