Alternative Chimera Model?

themortalgod

So I have been pondering ways to make my Slaves army a bit less sub-par and one of the things it always struggles with is dealing with enemy heroes that can just hide. I was thinking a good option would be to ally in a Chimera to MW snipe but I just don't like the GW model. Does anyone know of a similar sized but better one made by any other manufacturers? I've been googling around without much luck. 

thanks in advance!

Edit: I have seen the Mierce one but it is far larger and wouldn't fit on the appropriate base size.

2 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

https://www.atlantisminiatures.com/products/chimera 

How about this one?  They have a three headed dog too that I like.

Cool, def some potential, any idea on size? I know it says 28mm scale but I have a feeling this might be twice the size of a GW Chimera. (also hopefully the sold out status isn't permanent ;))

I have to agree that both the chimera and manticore model are just plain dire.

If money was no object I'd go for the mierce chimera out of choice, it's a classic chimera and just plain gorgeous sculpt.

mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_901_000_01_large.png

however,  having the GW chimera budget I butchered mine quite extensively to get it to a pleasing state.

I chopped and reposed it's limbs and gave it the balrog wings.  It doubles up as my khorne lord on manticore as well.

37195121095_5228784037_c.jpg

37195120525_a00f7745e0_c.jpg

37095807732_ae066d6fb8_c.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I have to agree that both the chimera and manticore model are just plain dire.

If money was no object I'd go for the mierce chimera out of choice, it's a classic chimera and just plain gorgeous sculpt.

mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_901_000_01_large.png

however,  having the GW chimera budget I butchered mine quite extensively to get it to a pleasing state.

I chopped and reposed it's limbs and gave it the balrog wings.  It doubles up as my khorne lord on manticore as well.

37195121095_5228784037_c.jpg

37195120525_a00f7745e0_c.jpg

37095807732_ae066d6fb8_c.jpg

Wicked conversion work dude! Though for me the main complaint are those heads, they feels so static and boring. 

The Mierce one would be a shoe in for me. but it doesn't fit on the 90x120mm base that Chimeras are supposed to be on. It needs at least 120mm round. 

Side note: Mierce would make a fortune off me if they had reasonable pricing. They have a ton of models I really like but at 2-3x prices compared to even the most expensive other players in the industry, it is really hard for me to justify their premium. 

2 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

Wicked conversion work dude! Though for me the main complaint are those heads, they feels so static and boring. 

The Mierce one would be a shoe in for me. but it doesn't fit on the 90x120mm base that Chimeras are supposed to be on. It needs at least 120mm round. 

In the end I cut the dragon head off and lowered it. I'll get some pics of the final undercoated piece.   It took a lot of work, but it's dooable.

If I was going to do another one I'd probably look to something like the carnosaur body with some head mash from perhaps the carnosaur, cygor, and something else maybe the spare head from a lord of change or something.  Hopefully the darkoath release whenever that is will give us a new centrepiece beasty that's got conversion written all over it.

I have the meirce Chimera (terror of Fortunuahaheia?) and its one of the best resin sculpts i've ever seen.
I just sold my second one in a hobby purge for 1/3 price. (that hurt.)

The big guy fit on an 8th ed chariot base with creative basing. The rounds should be no problem. 

Can't lie. its worth the price. if you paint it well, people will come over and gawk. It's for sure a show stopper.

Archived