A new gaming venue in London - Bad Moon Cafe!

hughwyeth

TGA_Header.jpg.1a96367453c8d0680fca09688e358b6f.jpg

Hey TGA people!

I wanted to let you all know of a big project two friends and I have been working on for a while now- a new gaming venue in central London called Bad Moon Cafe. Situated on Great Dover Street- 6 minutes from Borough and 10 minutes from London Bridge, we wanted to make it the best place to play Warhammer in London. Our priority was the tables- we've had 15 custom gaming tables made, with a dice tray, bag storage and space for books and armies either side, with a lip around the mat and fully painted and matching terrain for each table. There's 5ft of space between each table row, guaranteeing enough space to move around or sit down. Have a look at a render of the table and photos of the terrain setup we've made:

Table.jpg.d8ebd0ccf6afac41b1929eeebb133546.jpgTGA_Terrain_A.jpg.7c9eb37a0a331936267f37cf5a2e6ee2.jpgTGA_Terrain_B.jpg.56d95e738df8bbc59279eb2721f234dd.jpg

We really want to build a community around the store. We'll be organising monthly one-day tournaments for Age of Sigmar and 40k as well as larger annual 2-day tournaments. We want the monthly tournaments to be friendly and enjoyable first and foremost, and the annual tournaments to be as fair and balanced as we can be (I'm an avid listener to @JustPlay-Ritchie and @ianob's excellent Just Playing podcast so will endeavor to follow their example of tournament organising!).

We're opening on the 15th and all weekend we're having some special offers on our stock and food!

TGA_Flyer.jpg.873933a58ff40b1db9adcc03872967ed.jpg

I'll be sharing some photos of the venue itself soon- just finishing up on site for a couple more days! In the meantime, here's another CG render of the space as it will look:

Cafe_A.jpg.b696dcb92da24b2dab2427bebc5ecd4e.jpgBeerMenu.jpg.48c901c131a8016605713fc0fae5437a.jpg

Please come down and find me! (I'll be playing Nurgle or standing around in a staff shirt!)

Hugh at Bad Moon Cafe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Cool is that also going to be a shop? Will you stock underworlds stuff? You should also do underworlds tournies as there is a good London community for that 

Yes! We've partnered with a group do some Underworlds stuff- it will be announced on our facebook page as soon as its finalised.  We have a shop as well- we will be aiming to stock all GW stock we can stock, so we'll have all the new Underworlds stuff.

4 hours ago, JustPlay-Ritchie said:

O wow dude looks brilliant best of luck in your new endeavour! And just shout if we can help !

Thanks Ritchie! It was great to meet you back at LGT. Let me know if you or any Just Play guys are in London- you're all welcome to come down for a game and/or drink!

49 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

@hughwyethLooks absolutely incredible! Will there be any full length (5 X 2000 points games) tournaments going on? If so I would definitely drive down!

Yes definitely! We'll be announcing them on our FB and website (when it launches in a week) so keep a look out. All AoS tournaments are 2000pts.

3 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Love it! Any narrative play possibilities...wink, wink!😉

I personally love narrative/open. I had an idea to do a "Grand Alliance" narrative tournament- 4 players for each grand alliance- no duplicate forces, no duplicate characters. Your team is your grand alliance and we make a fun 2-day narrative event with some interesting rules. 

In any case, we'll be looking at hosting a range of tournaments for AoS- mostly small 3-game 1 day tournaments to see what works and what people like. 

@hughwyeth this is awesome and as a fellow store owner, I:

a) have so many questions and

b) will be following you with interest!

If you want to discuss anything about events (on the competitive side at least) give me a PM! Also I'm dying to get to some narrative events next year, which would seem like a perfect excuse to come down and visit too.

Good luck with everything!

1 hour ago, ianob said:

@hughwyeth this is awesome and as a fellow store owner, I:

a) have so many questions and

b) will be following you with interest!

If you want to discuss anything about events (on the competitive side at least) give me a PM! Also I'm dying to get to some narrative events next year, which would seem like a perfect excuse to come down and visit too.

Good luck with everything!

That's so kind, thanks! We're teaming with some existing event-organisers for the 40k side of thing, but we're running our own AoS stuff, so any help is appreciated! Let me know when you're down in London.

44 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

Looks great, it may have been you I was chatting to on Facebook. A contingent of South London Legion are coming down next monday for a day-long play date. Those Angel guys might beg, fruitlessly, to differ, but we're the true AoS Kings of London :)

Can't wait!

I think it was me and the manager, Wil! You guys are gonna love it- the tables are starting to be laid out and it's so much our dream setup! We like to think our food and drink offering is pretty decent too. 😁

Archived