BoC Army Theme Idea: Somebody Stop Me (Or Inspire Me)

Mephisto

What started out as a joke  to my friends has become a thought I'm seriously considering. I often make fun of Tzeentch for looking glittery and having a silly pastel color palette. I'm finally about to start collecting BoC as my second AoS army (after months of deliberation and despite some protest). Phantasmagoria of Fate Battalion is where a lot of my theorycraft lists gravitate. I've still not ruled out a couple other options but assuming my theorycrafting is backed up by playtesting and I stick with Phantasmagoria and Tzeentch Beasts, I'm having a thought for the visual direction...

My Little Pony. Beasts of Chaos. Good idea or best idea? Got any photos for inspiration?

Bonus: My Little Pony Beastfolk might also work for the Slaanesh Battalion but would be... weirder.

I don't have any inspiration for you in the way of models but Kirioth (a 40k youtuber) has a nice video that might be worth a watch when it comes to daft army ideas: 

Plus I'm sure someone can just link that whole "JUST DO IT" video from a few years ago.

Basically if you have an army idea, even if it's silly, and you really want to do it, then you should probably just do it.

So super colorful beastmen basically? If you think you'll enjoy painting it, go for it. One thing to consider maybe is to sort of limit the variance of color within a single unit a little bit (not too much) to keep it somewhat coherent, but vary the scheme as wildly as you like between different units. You could maybe go wild with some chaotic mutations as well which you could then paint in all kinds of alien colors.

11 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I wouldn’t judge a pastel pink/purple/blue BoC army. That might be pretty cool actually and definitely unique. But I will judge you for being a brony. 

Yeah, not a Brony. I won't exactly be showing up to adepticon with a unicorn baseball cap and a rainbow colored pony tail tucked into my back pocket. My 2 and 6 year old children do watch it though so I can name 3 ponies and tell you it's a show about  magic and friendship or some such.

There's actually this black humor underlying my idea. Look at Tzeentch, they're all freakin' My Little Pony colors already. I make fun of that often. Idiot bird men and wiggly limb pink and blue blobs of stupidity. But what if goat and bull men were in the Tzeentch colors? Well now you're basically making My Little Ponies (or my little Goaties I suppose). It wouldn't be too hard to just... lean into that theme a bit and then add a sort of sardonic, brutal undertone. The end result:  Apocalypse Ponies.

Combine some humor and whimsy with heavy metal. Dio had a band named Rainbow once upon a time. Boom. Army theme. 

58 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Yeah, not a Brony. I won't exactly be showing up to adepticon with a unicorn baseball cap and a rainbow colored pony tail tucked into my back pocket. My 2 and 6 year old children do watch it though so I can name 3 ponies and tell you it's a show about  magic and friendship or some such.

There's actually this black humor underlying my idea. Look at Tzeentch, they're all freakin' My Little Pony colors already. I make fun of that often. Idiot bird men and wiggly limb pink and blue blobs of stupidity. But what if goat and bull men were in the Tzeentch colors? Well now you're basically making My Little Ponies (or my little Goaties I suppose). It wouldn't be too hard to just... lean into that theme a bit and then add a sort of sardonic, brutal undertone. The end result:  Apocalypse Ponies.

Combine some humor and whimsy with heavy metal. Dio had a band named Rainbow once upon a time. Boom. Army theme. 

In this case I approve lol

Archived