BoC: Ungor horde viable? share tips

peasant

Hi chaotic fellas (or fallen) , is my desire to assemble an ungor host. But my attempts at 1k are going awfully wrong

Im using  big blobs of 40 spear ungors and min sized ungor raiders. As a hero a great bray shaman with the troll hide artifact to avoid too mAny ungors get killed in the herdstone.

Any tips?

The problem with hordes of Ungor is that they simply don't do enough damage and we don't have much to buff their damage output.  Raiders work better as a horde since they can at least all attack at the same time (shooting) and can either ambush or use their raider ability to make sure they have a good target turn one. 

I'd say a beast-lord or two is a must to get their rerolls, but they you'll be command point starved as it's likely you'll want them to auto-pass some battle shock tests.  Having lots of 'entirely within' buffs (herd stone, beast-lord and shamman) also makes it hard to stack buffs on a 40 model unit.

Ungors are very good at doing a few things - going fast with a bray shaman, surrounding an objective, dieing off while helping you maintain control of that objective, and screening. I use Ungors in various sizes and configurations in my lists, they do a lot for the army but you still need hammers . 

Archived