Local 8 Week Escalation Results

Black Blade

My FLGS hosted an 8 week escalation league. I am proud to say I finished 1st and was the only player to go undefeated. The idea was to grow a community for AoS at the store and it seems to have worked, more people have fleshed out their armies as well as people buying into the game for the first time after watching our matches. I'm posting the top ten here (there were twelve but two players dropped out) and would be happy to discuss the meta of the shop and how things ended as they did. 

You were assigned a single match for a week starting at 1k and each following week the points were upped by 250 from the precious week. You never played the same person twice. Both the battleplan and the realm were decided randomly each week but they were the same for everyone. Realm features were determined individually.

10. Stormcast

9. Nighthaunt

8. Pestilens 

7. Seraphon

6. Sylvaneth

5. Maggotkin

4. Ironjawz

3. Deepkin

2. Blades of Khorne

1. Stormcast

It was matched play rules but your army could change entirely from week to week. I dont own everything or even most things but I did get to experiment with a lot of combinations from Stormcast and would be happy to answer your question of you have any.

The Core of my Army was often a Lord Arcanum of some variety and the Cleansing Phalanx. It seemed the only sensible battalion out of 25ish that we have access to and I often wanted two artefacts, especially if I had to forfeit one essentially by taking a stormhost. My most difficult games were vs Nighhaunt, Blades of Khorne, Nurgle Maggotkin and Ironjawz. All of those were close and went down to the wire.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:56 AM, Black Blade said:

My FLGS hosted an 8 week escalation league. I am proud to say I finished 1st and was the only player to go undefeated. The idea was to grow a community for AoS at the store and it seems to have worked, more people have fleshed out their armies as well as people buying into the game for the first time after watching our matches.

Awesome to hear! Great news all round, congrats. :D

Ironjawz kicking bum is good to see, what did that force look like. Also Pestilens if you don't mind, haven't seen them in a while.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:26 AM, Black Blade said:

The Core of my Army was often a Lord Arcanum

Sweet, got one on order now so sounds like that was a good call with my Stormcasts. (I mostly use the non-sacrosanct ones, this is me dipping my toe in as I like the Strike chamber look more)

13 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Awesome to hear! Great news all round, congrats. :D

Ironjawz kicking bum is good to see, what did that force look like. Also Pestilens if you don't mind, haven't seen them in a while.

Sweet, got one on order now so sounds like that was a good call with my Stormcasts. (I mostly use the non-sacrosanct ones, this is me dipping my toe in as I like the Strike chamber look more)

Ironjawz player is one of the better tacticians at the shop. Usually runs A maw crusha, fungoid shaman, mega boss, boss on pig and a war chanter. Usually 1 unit of got gruntas. Two big units of brutes. One of hard boys. And shadespire warband. 

Pestilens was 80 monks. Verminlord. Catapults. Bunch of priests. A great unclean one. And some censor bearers. 

I try to take an Arcanum over the incantor whenever possible. The superior arcan bolt, the soul saving ability and additional attack/wound plus a strong basic spell make the Arcanum always worth it. 

48 minutes ago, Black Blade said:

Ironjawz player is one of the better tacticians at the shop. Usually runs A map crusha, . 

A true orruk never asks for directions!

Just kidding, sounds like a fun mix of armies and congrats on the win!

Archived