The Painting Contract - December 2018

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for December 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goals:

1. 10 sword skeletons with full command
  2. Bloodseeker Palanquin
  3. 5 Black Knights with full command

Stretch:

1. 10 (more) sword skeletons with full command
  2. 10 spear skeletons with full command
  3. 5 Black Knights with full command

This is both a goal to make progress in my Legion of Blood army and a test on how much I can actually get done in a month's time.

It's a tricky month as work is super busy and the holidays don't often mean moreaq time to hobby. Plus so many good kits coming out that I am undecided where to go after the deepkin. However, I want to

finish the 5 thralls and base the whole unit

buy, build and paint soul scryer

endless spell

Aim to start the 6 eels and riders

build gloomtide shipwreck

Thats a huge amount for me and I expect it will be Feb when they are done

It's my birthday on the 1st and I'm looking at starting some deepkin for the occasion. Gonna start simply with 6 eels and stretch goal will be probably an akhelian king, but subject to change. I actually finished last month's pledge and painted extra to boot!  Here's a quick paint job on one of my favourite old school minis 

IMG_20181129_104637.jpg

IMG_20181121_121332.jpg

First attempt at this but i love the idea:

Finish:

Citadel Trees ( 1 base and 3 tress)

Kurnoth Hunters x 3

Start:

Spirit of Durthu (my local store in Cork is doing a Winter WarBeast competion - due 22nd Dec so i would like to enter that)

Stretch:

1 more woods

IMG_20181120_234513.jpg

IMG_20181120_234541.jpg

IMG_20181120_234604.jpg

- Lady Olynder (about 50% there) - No Progress

- Reikenor (about 50% also) - No Progress

- Spirit torment - Finished

- 2x store birthday wizard - Built and base coated

- 500th store Revenant - Built and base coated

- Kurdoss  - Built and partially base coated

- Black Coach - Built and partially base coated

- 34 Grimghast Reapers - Built and base coated

December goal is to finish the November goal. I fly home on the 12th Dec and wanted to take a finished compliment back... think I’ll be working on these bed sheets between courses of dinner on 25th...

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Had to take a break for a bit. Way too much RL for my liking got in the way. Long story short. Had to sell, no more hobby room, won’t have one set up till February at best  😹 so I’ll just enjoy the works here until then. 

RL happens at the worst times ... but you’ve always got a spot here waiting for you at the painting table when you’re able to return.

I’m looking forward to seeing your next project!

19 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

RL happens at the worst times ... but you’ve always got a spot here waiting for you at the painting table when you’re able to return.

I’m looking forward to seeing your next project!

Thanks josh!

Looking forward to it as well. On the plate will be the balance of the 1st Matorean Matched Company at 1980 pts. It will include the rest of my unfinished  duardin, aelves with my finished humans for the triad. 

I may be able to afford my first true AoS army which will be stormcast in the blue/orange colour scheme to blend with this army before becoming a full fledged SC. 

I think I’ll hold on the 40k as I have no need to add anything further to them except terrain and I need the new codexes and rules etc. A bit much for me at the moment. 

Right, I've got to stop being a wimp and:

1. Paint my Black Dragon. Base and rider done. 

Beyond that, I'd like to:

2. Finish bases and undercoat my side project Phoenix, Kharibdyss and Manticore. 

3. Rebase some of the side project

4. Paint a Lord-Relictor for my son's army. 

5. Paint my Space Wolf Kill Team 

6. Build the Kill Team terrain

This seems like a fun  way to motivate myself, although I'm a very slow painter. December is gonna be busy and I'll be gone for half of it, so I'll keep it simple: I'm gonna try to finish my Dire Wolves and as a possible stretch, start working on converting my Grimghasts.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:18 PM, syph0n said:

Right, I've got to stop being a wimp and:

1. Paint my Black Dragon. Base and rider done. 

Beyond that, I'd like to:

2. Finish bases and undercoat my side project Phoenix, Kharibdyss and Manticore. 

3. Rebase some of the side project

4. Paint a Lord-Relictor for my son's army. 

5. Paint my Space Wolf Kill Team 

6. Build the Kill Team terrain

Done the bases as highlighted. IMG_20181129_224239.jpg.c0725914f086115af06dfa851003d592.jpg

(Except sprayed white and grey now!) 

Started the dragon, wings and a little bit of underbelly. 

IMG_20181202_210309.jpg.aabe2abcd9d86716e6c6ccdc1814a951.jpg

I need one or two more highlights on the wing membranes, then finish underbelly (which will be the lightest of all the dragon) and then the scales. I'm imposing a no drybrush rule on this, just to push my painting skills. 

Archived