• Created
  • Last Reply

Before in list this month's goals, here is how last month ended up:

Assemble the full Speed Freeks set - nope, only got the buggies

Assemble black coach - nope, still in box

Take Cursebreakers from 'table top' to 'respectable' - nope

Finish Gits - nope

Paint three Endless Spells - nope

Paint a minimum of 10 assorted Nighthaunt models - Yes! Got 19 done!

Reach rank 14 in Hearthstone - Yes! Reached 13! 😁

On to this month:

3 endless spells

12 chainrasps

Rank 15

That's it. More modest.

So I keep pledging here then not following though...

Got a big game coming up next month though and I want to play my first ever game with all painted models so hopefully that will get my motivated.

As such, my pledge this month is to finish my Treelord Ancient (mostly done) and then paint 4-5 Kurnoth Hunters.

IMG_20181203_214549.jpg

IMG_20181203_214601.jpg

IMG_20181203_214611.jpg

So I’ve got until the 12th of January to paint an entire 2k army so gonna do it month by month. I’ll keep an on-going update on here with my progress.

1) 45 Blood Sisters (25 done

2) 10 Blood Stalkers (all 10 done

3) 2 Hag Queens (both Queens done

4) Cauldron with a Medusae (both done

5) 5 Heartrenders (built, based and primed

i will put some pictures up later when I get in from work

5 hours ago, MADlikes said:

So I’ve got until the 12th of January to paint an entire 2k army so gonna do it month by month. I’ll keep an on-going update on here with my progress.

1) 45 Blood Sisters

2) 10 Blood Stalkers

3) 2 Hag Queens 

4) Cauldron with a Medusae 

5) 5 Heartrenders 

Good luck! That's a lot of flesh. I don't think I could manage the second on your list, let alone the first! 

So i fell off the face of the (painting) planet in like May after posting my contract for then. I had pledged to build/paint 10 Blood Warriors, 1 Skull Cannon, and 5 Wrathmongers - completely failed at that. I have instead been building and priming a ton of other stuff, so now with 100+ Khorne minis primed and built, there are no excuses.

Therefore my December pledge will be 10 Blood Warriors, and 1 Slaughterpriest. My stretch goal will be painting up those 5 Wrathmongers!

Edit: gramer gud

Base colours are now all on and shaded. Next step are the blue, white and gold highlights. 

The Phoenix has been surprisingly fast to paint up. Also a very fun model.

I am at a crossroads with the gemstones. My original idea was to have the phoenix's eyes match the stones. I am leaning towards purple,  but not sure if will upset the balance on the phoenix. If not that idea, then perhaps allow the gemstones to add some individuality to the swordmasters and make them all different.

20181211_182826_HDR.jpg

20181211_185131_HDR.jpg

Message_1544399196321.jpg

20181211_185141_HDR.jpg

2 hours ago, Lavieth said:

That looks really sharp in the darker colours. 

Thank you. I've tried to make it look more like an Order Serpentis army, but I've had this since it first came out, long before the official Dreadlord on Black Dragon model. It's took me so long that I've been able to use the actual Dreadlord model! 

On 11/29/2018 at 6:46 PM, Azamar said:

My target is to paint the last models I need for a fully painted 2000 points of darkling covens. So:

10 executioners 

10 black guard

Mid month update- that’s 5 of each finished, and a further 3 black guard awaiting basing and 3 executioners base coated. I’d say I’m on track on my (admittedly rather modest) target. A bit rough round the edges but definitely tabletop ready. I might try and squeeze in a sorceress this month if I  can find a suitable model in time. 

These are to expand existing units so I’m not planning to do banners or musicians.

160C9E4A-B57A-4114-8708-61B74DCB80E7.jpeg

44A3B4AC-2F87-4607-A7BC-A88426620759.jpeg

Archived