Battalions that aren't in General's handbook

Is it working as intended that some battalions didn't receive points in the General's handbook?  I sort of hate it if this is the case, since I micro-transactioned most of the ones I have.

I apologize if this topic is a retread, still finding my way around.

Matched play is matched play, don't forget that. There's three ways to play, and not all batallions fit the matched play mold. The others are open/narrative-oriented.

Feel free to use them in your games. Don't get tied down in the idea that points is all. If you really like a formation, use it!

15 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Matched play is matched play, don't forget that. There's three ways to play, and not all batallions fit the matched play mold. The others are open/narrative-oriented.

Feel free to use them in your games. Don't get tied down in the idea that points is all. If you really like a formation, use it!

This. 

For pick up games in-store, I am finding points are a good starting measure to agree a general size of armies but then the conversation is usually along the lines of:

"So, here's a cool scenario, let's play this"

"Awesome - roughly how many points do you have with you? I've got 1.5k"

"I've only 1k but how about I re-summon these daemons during the game to balance things out a bit"

"Sure, or you could use those Silver Tower miniatures - yeah, there's no "points" but those two units look they'd balance things out"

etc...

Archived