Help with Stormcast List for 1000 point Tournament

gelt

Hello everyone. Meanwhile, I apologize for how I write, English is not my language.
I look for tips for a 1000 pt stormcast list to take to a tournament.
In this tournament we will be 9 players (there will be a lot of chaos) scenarios will be: blood and glory core book, duality of death gh, total commitment.
this was my basic idea.

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: We Can not Fail
- Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Gavriel Sureheart (100)

Battleline

Units
5 x Evocators (200)
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 1000/2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0/400
Wounds: 64

I'm not convinced of the ballista, maybe I could exchange it with a lord relictor.

These are the miniatures I have:
24 sequitors of soul war.
2 lord arcanum on griph.
3 kinight incantor.
9 evoicator of soul war.
20 liberator with club and shield of the old set.
heraldor
2 relictor
vandus
castellant
celestant
steelheart's champions
Gavriel
venator
3 prosecutors of the old set
3 vanguard raptors
3 celestar ballista
10 castigators.

The proxi is not allowed in the tournament.

help me play Sunday and my first tournament and the sixth or seventh game, even if I played 10 years at whfb.

I'd remove that ballista and put in a knight heraldor (unless your tournament goes with little to no terrain) or a lord castellant as I think the ballista on its own is a bit lackluster until you put in the lord ordinator.

I apologize again for my english.
Thanks to everyone for the help, there is a scenario in the tournament where I can not deploy in reserve.

This is very frustrating with stormcasts and he thinks them a lot ... I tried to ggiungerr a lord relictor or a vexillor in the games for a bit of mobility but does not improve the situation and makes me less aggressive in other scenarios of the tournament having less troops.
I tried to remove gavriel, to increase troops, to put other objects, to change hammers with astral etc etc.

But in that scenario I still lost or at least a minor victory, i tryied a lot of times. (I played against the beasts of chaos)

In the end I opted for fast screens to save time and take targets, I removed the lord arcanum to increase the troops and I still put gavriel back for aggression.
For the scenarios that exist, I think I have found the best solution. Maybe it's a bit hybrid list but it's versatile.

The list is now:

Allegiance: Hammers of sigmar

Leaders
Gavriel Sureheart (100)

Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail 

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblades
- 1x Grandblades

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblades
- 1x Grandblades

Units
10 x Sequitors (240)
- 4x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves

10 x Skinks (60)
- Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs

10 x Skinks (60)

Total: 1000 /1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 120/ 200
Wounds: 85

On 11/30/2018 at 4:03 PM, gelt said:

I apologize again for my english.
Thanks to everyone for the help, there is a scenario in the tournament where I can not deploy in reserve.

This is very frustrating with stormcasts and he thinks them a lot ... I tried to ggiungerr a lord relictor or a vexillor in the games for a bit of mobility but does not improve the situation and makes me less aggressive in other scenarios of the tournament having less troops.
I tried to remove gavriel, to increase troops, to put other objects, to change hammers with astral etc etc.

But in that scenario I still lost or at least a minor victory, i tryied a lot of times. (I played against the beasts of chaos)

In the end I opted for fast screens to save time and take targets, I removed the lord arcanum to increase the troops and I still put gavriel back for aggression.
For the scenarios that exist, I think I have found the best solution. Maybe it's a bit hybrid list but it's versatile.

The list is now:

Allegiance: Hammers of sigmar

Leaders
Gavriel Sureheart (100)

Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail 

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblades
- 1x Grandblades

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblades
- 1x Grandblades

Units
10 x Sequitors (240)
- 4x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves

10 x Skinks (60)

10 x Skinks (60)

Total: 1000 /1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 120/ 200
Wounds: 85

Your list is pretty good for normal situation. I have a little corncer though. Gavriel is definitely the key in this list, in normal situation, it guarantees a successful charge in your turn 1. However, forbidding from DS troops might cause your troops not close enough to charge in turn 1(it might happens if the table is not a small one) and graviel might got killed by some magic/shooting heavy army. If this happens, your army will be forced to move very slowly on the table. To be honest, it is a very weird thing for a tournament to limit SCE from putting unit into reserve and DS them later, it is no difference from limiting Khorne, Nurgle, Seraphon from summoning from my point of view.

Archived