Stormcast Eternals or Beastclaw Raiders?

ServiceGames

Stormcast or Beastclaw Raiders?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Stormcast or Beastclaw Raiders?

• Stormcast Eternals
    • Beastclaw Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 01:00 PM

So, I have enough models to get to 2000 points with both of these armies... with the exception of about $50 worth of models/endless spells.  I know the Beastclaw Raiders aren't going to be getting any new models any time soon.   And, I know they really only have one play style which is getting close and tearing up the enemy in melee.  That could be a good thing as at times I may want to play an army where I don't have to think a ton.

But, about the same cost, I can get the Stormcast Eternals half of the Soul Wars box which allows for having wizards on the battlefield.  Plus, there are new models coming out for Stormcast all of the time.

If you were in my situation, which way would you go?

Thanks

SG

That would depend on what you want to do with this army. If BCR sounds like a fun time then go for it. Charging you opponent can be fun just ask Ironjaws.  If you're leaning more towards a semi-competitive list then avoid BCR at all costs. Destruction as a whole is in a pretty bad place right now, with a new book coming some time next year.

Again though, the rule of cool is also important, and whats cooler than a bunch of man eating ogres riding mammoths? Nothing that's what. Ho Ho Ho!

53 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

That would depend on what you want to do with this army. If BCR sounds like a fun time then go for it. Charging you opponent can be fun just ask Ironjaws.  If you're leaning more towards a semi-competitive list then avoid BCR at all costs. Destruction as a whole is in a pretty bad place right now, with a new book coming some time next year.

Again though, the rule of cool is also important, and whats cooler than a bunch of man eating ogres riding mammoths? Nothing that's what. Ho Ho Ho!

Not really looking for something super competitive as I’m a very casual player.  That said, I would like to win some games... maybe win half and lose half.

Also, while I’d like to stick to just one army over the coming year at least if not few years as I have a two year old stepson.

One of the bigger draws to Stormcast is that GW will always make sure they are relevant and up to date with a good selection of new models often should I want to expand or change my play style.

That said, one of the bigger draws to BCR is that they really only have the one play style... get to your enemy as fast as is possible and bash them in the face.  It makes learning the army and keeping up with the rules and play style easier.

SG

I think if you mostly play casually then Beastclaws is the way to go. They are really fun to play, they have awesome models, and they have interesting rules that are easy enough to remember (not like the 5 pages of Stormcast rules). Plus a low model count means faster movement and easier painting! 

First of all, I want to thank you all for all your advice.

Secondly, I was thinking of making this my main 2000 point army as mentioned above.  That said, I might go to a tournament once or twice a year for the fun of being there (not to win the tournament).  But, even at a tournament, it’d be kinda nice to be able to win about half of the games I play.  I do realize that a 50% win record is not going to get me to the final table, but I’m not looking to do that either.

Thirdly, I wanted to let you all take a look at my list as I’m using Braggoth’s Beast Hammer which isn’t fully BCR.

Leaders

1 x Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)

1 x Huskard on Thundertusk (360)

Battlelines

2 x Mournfang Pack (4 models - 320)

1 x Mournfang Pack (2 models - 160)

1 x Mournfang Pack (2 models - 160)

Warscroll Battalion

Braggoth’s Beast Hammer (230)

Other

1 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (3 models - 140)

1 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (3 models - 140)