Thricefold Befoulment

Fluxlord

It seems to me that the thricfold befoulment battalion is being played more. At least I have that impression. And since i love the great unclean one models it is time for me to run such a list too.  However, what do i have to choose for battleline and what kind of artefacts? Maybe some advice for endless spells, I already saw a youtube video dedicated to this subject, but i woukd like to hear more. I think i will run a befoulment with 2*30 PB’s and 5 PBK’s and otherwise i woukd run 2*10 PB’s and 5 PBK and some drones (3).

So in this thread i would like to hear from others what they have done listwise with the battalion and were they succesfull. 

Hope to read some great things.

What youtube video do you mean?

I´m currently painting my Thricefold, unfortunately no reports from the table, because I finished only two GUOs right now.

IMO one GUO with a bell is a must have. Make him the general and give him that once per game ability to cheat with the wheel. That way you can get +5" movement whenever you need it. I run that a couple weeks ago and it worked great. 30 Plaguebearers that move/run 15" is pretty nice.

Regarding battleline and other units, I simply don´t know. 30 Plaguebearers x2 and a unit of Blightkings I´m currently painting, but that is based on the models I like the look of, the fact that Plaguebearers are easy to paint and Plaguebearers are really good in 40k too.

Other combinations I thought about:

30 Plaguebearers (320) + 2x Blightkings (320) + 3 Drones (200). In fact I think that Drones are somewhat mandatory. Played against Tzeentch and couldn´t get my hands on his heroes, meaning he was able to summon as many Horrors as he was comfortable with. Bad experience!

3x 10 Plaguebearers and 2x 3 Drones (760 overall, enough for some endless spells and/or an additional command point)

10 Plaguebearers, 2x5 Blightkings, 2x 3 Drones (840 exactly). Less staying power, more offensive output. If only the Drones weren´t that hard to transport...

Hi thx for your response.

the YouTube i meant was the next one: 

My third GUO is still in his box (It’s a present im not allowed to open yet) but i have run some list with support GUO and rotigus, very fun to play. Yesterday i had a major victory against a competetive Fyreslayer army full with pumped up throwing axes maxed out battlelines. 

So i really love those big blobs....

19 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Other combinations I thought about:

30 Plaguebearers (320) + 2x Blightkings (320) + 3 Drones (200). In fact I think that Drones are somewhat mandatory. Played against Tzeentch and couldn´t get my hands on his heroes, meaning he was able to summon as many Horrors as he was comfortable with. Bad experience!

3x 10 Plaguebearers and 2x 3 Drones (760 overall, enough for some endless spells and/or an additional command point)

10 Plaguebearers, 2x5 Blightkings, 2x 3 Drones (840 exactly). Less staying power, more offensive output. If only the Drones weren´t that hard to transport...

And how about thricefold + 30 PB + 30 PB + 5 PBK? Just use the GUO’s as the “hammer” PB to take objectives (“anvil”) or charge in some units to keep those into combat?  PBK for backfield or something. Sums up to 1940 can leave it there for the extra command point or take some endless spell.

Archived