Flash Eaters Crusading Army Banner?

Veles

Greetings,

I’ve been slowly working on a FEC force and I plan to run “Crusading Army Delusion”. That being said, I was considering modeling a standard bearer for the force. I know that there is no such option game wise, but thought it would be very fitting… I was thinking about modeling as a ghoul king but can’t decide if I want to have him modeled on foot or mounted on zombie dragon. On foot seems like much simpler option but zombie dragon would be very impressive... On the other hand, considering that I have VERY limited time for hobby foot option seems more achievable. What would be your opinion on this matter?

It’s going to look cool either way so... who will be the general? The king won’t carry his own banner, he would bestow that honour to a faithful knight. So go for the fightiest second in command. 

Abother take would to rough built the banner and holding it next to all the options to see what works best. 

Are you going for the banner from the delusion or the grim reality? 

Honestly, I am just getting back to the hobby and yet to play a game in AoS setting. I am not sure what is the difference between “delusion” or “grim reality”. I do own a FEC Battle Tome but I didn’t notice any of these options there… I guess, at this point I am approaching this more as a modeling project rather than a focusing on the gaming aspect. I just thought it would be cool to have a banner for a “crusading” army. Is there any description of those two banners?

Thanks.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:42 AM, Veles said:

Greetings,

I’ve been slowly working on a FEC force and I plan to run “Crusading Army Delusion”. That being said, I was considering modeling a standard bearer for the force. I know that there is no such option game wise, but thought it would be very fitting… I was thinking about modeling as a ghoul king but can’t decide if I want to have him modeled on foot or mounted on zombie dragon. On foot seems like much simpler option but zombie dragon would be very impressive... On the other hand, considering that I have VERY limited time for hobby foot option seems more achievable. What would be your opinion on this matter?

I did a banner for my AGKoTG and liked how it came out. I also had my foot AGK carry a reliquary from the old Bret kit.  The great thing about the FEC delusion is that you can craft it to represent would you want.

44A840CE-0D96-47B5-BC3E-DB74521D2E48.jpeg

0F78854F-19C0-4002-9ED9-48B465DC3BF6.jpeg

@ flemingmma

Thanks. I guess in this case I am going for “delusions”. Fits the main theme of the force quite well. Probably will model it on Ghoul King on foot (not the army general). I think it would make sense for a “member of a royal family” to carry the banner…

@ TheWilddog 

Nice, I like how it looks… I plan for more “savage” look in the banner… will share results here when I am done.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived