Which spell table do allies use?

Magnus The Blue

Question

So, thinking of adding some Beasts of Chaos allies to my Disciples of Tzeentch army, but not sure what happens with spells? Say I take a Great-Bray Shaman in my Tzeentch army, can they take a lore of the Twisted Wild? The way I read it they can't (as it specified 'each wizard in a Beasts of Chaos army), but equally they can't take any of the Tzeentch lores either, as they have none of the keywords.

Have I missed something?

8 answers to this question

You are missing nothing.

Spell lores are a part of allegiance abilities and therefore your shaman has no access to these tables if you run Tzeentch.

The second part holds true as well, due to missing allegiance keywords, the Bray Shaman cannot use DoT spells.

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I think the only thing allies have access to is their own specific Endless Spells. IIRC nothing stops you from using those, just an eligible caster. But I could be wrong.

I believe this is one of those things that is true, but isn't obvious to most people until they pause to think about it. Because Endless spells are released either in the generic or the faction specific boxes people are used to the idea that a faction specific Endless Spell is tied to that faction. In truth its not, any faction can buy them, however those faction specific endless spells can only be cast by specific keyword linked mages. Most of the time this isn't an issue because if you're not playing a faction you've not got the keywords anyway; but when it comes to allies it does mean allied wizards can bring those spells with them

In addition if you play with Realm Rules then your allied mages get access to the Realm magics that you have access too. 

4 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Yup and any allied Great Brayshamman can cast it too. Obviously a bit risky if you've only got 1-2 wizard who can cast it.

Yes you're right. Don't you think it is of best balue to get two Tzaangor Shaman insteaf of one of each? 

16 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

You can take the Tzeentch batallion from beasts if chaos that give them the Tzeentch keyword as part of the normal army which would then give the shaman access to the DoT spells but that is the only way.

This doesn't actually help with Tzeentch spells as the beasts of chaos characters (other than Tzaangor Shaman) still don't have the specific keywords needed for Lore of Change (Daemon) or Lore of Fate (Mortal or Arcanite).

Archived