Is Path to Glory considered well balanced?

Dreadmund

• 5 weeks later...

It does not seem to be balanced for me. Last week, I play a game against tzeetch. I am stormcast and I am bringing LAoGC, knight incator, 3 sequitors, 3 evocators, while my rival brings the tzaangor shaman, ogriod, 3 skyfire, 3 enlightened on disc and 20 tzaangor. It is a masscare even though my save rolls are really good.

1 hour ago, Namelessone81 said:

We are starting a ptg campaign in our local game store and I was wondering if you know if there are any more ptg specific battleplans except the ptg book and the malaighn sorcery one .

I don't believe there are. 

But many of the normal Matched Play battleplans are fine too.  The Relocation Orb springs immediately to mind as one that works well for smaller games.

I would avoid plans that need Wizards or lots of Heroes or many objectives all over the board.

2 hours ago, Namelessone81 said:

We are starting a ptg campaign in our local game store and I was wondering if you know if there are any more ptg specific battleplans except the ptg book and the malaighn sorcery one .

I’d add some of the skirmish games as well. They work really well. (Most of them. So look them over before you choose them ;) ) 

We've been playing a 4 player campaign, with each of us playing a different faction of Chaos. 

Here are some of the things we do:

- A player can choose any scenario from any of the books (unless the scenario requires a specific faction), OR use the Open War cards (generally our favorite way)

- We use the Ruse and Sudden Death cards from Open War, regardless of scenario.  (We use the number of games each player has played, not number of units,  to determine which).  So for your first game in the campaign, against a player who had played one or more games, you would have a Sudden Death card.

- We try not to play many more games than the person who has played the least number of games.

-  We name our characters... the Champion of our warband... to make it more fun.

Remember, you don't really lose much by losing a game... you just don't gain as much towards the overall victory conditions.  If facing a tougher opponent, try to choose a scenario that you can win by controlling objectives or some other way that doesn't require sheer killing power.   Try some of the interesting scenarios in the various books that are never used in Matched Play.   Use the Ruse of Sudden Death to win.    IMO this is the best way to play Path to Glory.

Archived