GW is asking for advice on GHB 2019

kenshin620

Quick, time to spam message GW on nerfs and buffs!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/14/14th-nov-the-generals-handbook-2019-we-need-yougw-homepage-post-3/

We’ve now started work on the General’s Handbook 2019 – and we’d love to hear from you. We want your thoughts on matched play points – in particular, the units you think should cost more or less. We playtest Warhammer Age of Sigmar relentlessly and love our dedicated team, but the game system is huge, so your feedback is essential, as well as being highly likely to influence the final book. If you’re looking to take part, make sure to do so in the next two weeks – after that, we’ll be taking time to go through everything you’ve sent us.

To make sharing this feedback as simple as possible, we’ve created a dedicated post on Facebook designed to gather your thoughts. To provide your feedback, all you need to do is comment on that post with the unit (or units) you think need their points changed, then provide some reasons why. Examples and reasons why you think the points should change will help us a lot, so any extra detail you can provide will be handy – just keep it clear and concise, so we can read them all! We guarantee we’ll be following this post very closely over the next couple of weeks – if you’ve got feedback, this is the channel to give it on.

In all seriousness I am curious how much feedback will actually be taken into account. I mean theres always the threat of "loudest minority wins" when it comes to balance advice.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Too bad it's Facebook. They are such liars and deceivers that I'll never post there.

Would love to give feedback on Morghasts (too high) and the need for a "how to build an army list" section, but it's not gonna happen in Facebook.

Type it up here and i'm sure one of us can share it for you.

The only issue I see is that they specifically only ask for points suggestions; which isn't a bad thing but does leave things a little one dimensional. Hopefully other points can be taken into consideration. 

Eg I've wondered if the issue with Daughters of Khaine isn't so much that they've cheap options that are too good, but rather that they can stack bonuses from spells, auras and prayers all at once onto a unit. I did wonder if some kind of limit might work in their favour - eg Units may receive a bonus from a prayer or a spell, but not both at the same time. 

2 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

It's back up.  I added this for you.

Thanks 😁👍🏻

Your a real savior 

edit: There are 2 reasons why I believe Stormvermins should get a point decrease.

firstly they are being described in the small fluff and lore we have right now, as a horde unit and not a elite one.

fighting against a verminus army should be against tons of clanrats and especially Stormvermins.

Secondly if we are looking in a more competive way,  Stormvermins cost as much or more than units which are more than just better then them.

there is no reason why Stormvermins of all units should cost as much as Namartis thralls  which will exceed in the combat phase and have a similar save. Same goes with Bestigors.

they got such a massively great update and cost 20points less then their counterparts the Stormvermins.

I hope this doesn’t sound to aggressive😅

I can confirm that the page is back up and already the comments are filled with half-baked answers. I would stress that for the sake of the game and the community at large that if you want your comments to be taken seriously then you need to provide a more serious and well thought out answer. 

Why do stormvermins need a point reduction? How will this help the army? GW said to provide reasoning why you put your voice in. How do you expect GW to take you seriously if you don't give them what they ask for?

Just a bit of tough love from your neighborhood skeleton 💖

2 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

In all seriousness I am curious how much feedback will actually be taken into account. I mean theres always the threat of "loudest minority wins" when it comes to balance advice.

They do review and look at everything and it’s taken very seriously. If there is something you want reviewing, add a post on the Facebook topic. The GW community team look at everything and will pass onto the studio. 

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

I'm pretty sure GW reads this forum, right? We should post our feedback here and somebody can link the thread on facebook

They do but I would post on the Facebook topic to get it properly reviewed. I would say anything they read on this forum is extra but if you really want something to be looked at, add it to the Facebook topic. They have put aside actual time to look at this, so always best to get it to them in the way they want.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Too bad it's Facebook. They are such liars and deceivers that I'll never post there.

Would love to give feedback on Morghasts (too high) and the need for a "how to build an army list" section, but it's not gonna happen in Facebook.

I know what you mean. I grudgingly use it just to keep track on some events or news about the game but that’s just because a lot of people use it 😭

Archived