So if gw is no longer selling wh quest...

flemingmma

4 hours ago, flemingmma said:

Can we share the materials on here? I've got all 3 issues of white dwarf and a few of the newer hero cards that were in white dwarf

Sorry, you can't as it's still copyrighted material.  Shadows over Hammerhal is still available on the UK webstore too :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but Hammerhal uses "normal", "full kit" "multi-part-plastic" models. (e.g. the blightkings are the same as a box of blightkings) 
Silver tower uses "typical-box-set-style" "proprietary" "easy to build" "monopose"  models. 

So if they want to make more Hammerhal, they just need paper parts, and can use already cast plastic. 
If they want to make more Silver Tower, they have cast more of those sprues (and this would take cycles off the machine making Blackstone Fortress)

I can envision wanting to have available an AoS warhammer quest alongside the new 40k warhammer quest, and placing an order for Hammerhall paper goods alongside the Blackstone Fortress order (the paper goods not being made by GW).  They picked hammerhall because it uses readily available models. 

Of course I could be reading way too much into this.  

7 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Hammerhal uses "normal", "full kit" "multi-part-plastic" models. (e.g. the blightkings are the same as a box of blightkings) 
Silver tower uses "typical-box-set-style" "proprietary" "easy to build" "monopose"  models. 

So if they want to make more Hammerhal, they just need paper parts, and can use already cast plastic. 
If they want to make more Silver Tower, they have cast more of those sprues (and this would take cycles off the machine making Blackstone Fortress)

I see where you're coming from. But Silver Tower enemies are pretty mainstream now (except for the Spider Goblins). But there is literally nothing stopping GW from tweaking the ST rules and boxing WHQ:ST with 5 run-of-the-mill Tzaangor and 5 Kairic Acolytes (instead of 6 bespoke ones), some conventional horrors and something other than spider goblins. They could also use a few different Heroes from the "not-selling-very-well" pile that they've got Hero Cards for (and they have many of them).

Alternatively (and this is what I hope is happening), they could let WHQ:ST die like they did Shadow of War Armageddon - only to relaunch it as a different better game. 

As you pointed out, some models only come on ST sprues.  Other models, although existing on other sprues, don't come in the right quantities. You're talking about remaking the game. That is expensive.  Why would they do that? If they really want to sell more  ST they'll cast some more sprues. Maybe they'll do that eventually but for right now GW is production bottlenecked. 

I don't think there is a concept of "letting ST die".  IT is a one off box game, that is compatable with other box games in the line.  Reprint it, eh maybe. Why remake it though... spend the resources to make a new unique ST box set. 

• 3 months later...

Isn't there certain amount of time these things are protected for where even if they are out of print they can't be posted online for free without consent from the publisher...? I'm pretty sure there are copyright laws about this.

Archived