Hysh command ability ordering

Warheadsbylink

Question

Let's say that it is the beginning of my opponent's combat phase and I activate the 'strike quickly' command ability from hysh, I get to activate a unit first and attack. What happens if my opponent then pays a command point to do the same? Who goes first? This came up in a 2v2 game the other day which made it even more confusing!

If my opponent activates it in his turn does he get to essentially attack with one unit and then another straight after?

1 answer to this question

To your first question:

Didn`t ever play 2x2 but in 1x1 game if you both activate Hysh command ability in your opponents combat phase he would strike first because the turn is his. It was covered in core rules designers commentary.

Q: If several abilities are triggered at the same time (at the start of a hero phase, for example), how do you determine the order in which they are used?

A: If several abilities can be used at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place uses their abilities first, one after the other, in any order they desire; then the player whose turn is not taking place uses their abilities, one after another, in any order they desire. The same principle applies to any other things – such as command traits or artifacts of power – that can be used simultaneously.

As per your second question, I think that this command ability doesn`t allow you to fight with two units, as it just says that you pick one unit and strike with it immediately. It is useful in enemy`s combat phase or when playing against Idoneth (in the third battle round) or Beasts of Chaos with their Taurus spell. But I am not sure here, probably this is a question for the next FAQ.

Archived