Question

4 answers to this question

Taken from the Core Rules Designer's Commentary:

Q: Some spell and prayer allegiance abilities say that can be  
used by Wizards or Priests in the army. Does this include  
allied Wizards or Priests?
A: No. Allied models cannot use or benefit from  
allegiance abilities.

In other words, allied nighthaunt cannot benefit from any Allegiance abilites, even if they have matching keywords.

22 hours ago, CaptainSoup said:

Taken from the Core Rules Designer's Commentary:

Q: Some spell and prayer allegiance abilities say that can be  
used by Wizards or Priests in the army. Does this include  
allied Wizards or Priests?
A: No. Allied models cannot use or benefit from  
allegiance abilities.

In other words, allied nighthaunt cannot benefit from any Allegiance abilites, even if they have matching keywords.

Would the allegiance ability not be being able to put down grave markers? The graver marker itself has a set of rules that specifically looks for the <SUMMONABLE> keyword during play.  Looking further at the FAQ there is a specific question about several LoN abilities and if they affect allied NH units and the answer is no - very specifically NOT  mentioned in that question is Gravesites. 

7 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Would the allegiance ability not be being able to put down grave markers? The graver marker itself has a set of rules that specifically looks for the <SUMMONABLE> keyword during play.  Looking further at the FAQ there is a specific question about several LoN abilities and if they affect allied NH units and the answer is no - very specifically NOT  mentioned in that question is Gravesites. 

The grave markers refer to what is called "The Unquiet Dead" under Battle Traits which is on page 62 of the LoN book. That page refers to Grand Host of Nagash Allegiance Abilities. Therefore all magic, artifacts, command traits and battle traits  on those two pages are considered to be allegiance abilities. "The Unquiet Dead" is no exception to the rule that was put outside of the Allegiance Abilities, that simply isn't the case. 

15 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

The grave markers refer to what is called "The Unquiet Dead" under Battle Traits which is on page 62 of the LoN book. That page refers to Grand Host of Nagash Allegiance Abilities. Therefore all magic, artifacts, command traits and battle traits  on those two pages are considered to be allegiance abilities. "The Unquiet Dead" is no exception to the rule that was put outside of the Allegiance Abilities, that simply isn't the case. 

My argument is that Grave Markers are the allegiance ability and have their own rule. I'm purely arguing from the devil's advocate point of view here as I have no dog in the hunt. If I did play LoN I'd play it as it didn't but I can see the argument for it benefiting Bladegheists. However I fully admit I'm not a LoN/Death rules expert so take my observations with a large grain of salt. 

Archived