Transporting Nagash

CanHammer-darren

I use brand named foam transport carriers like battlefoam for moving my miniatures. With Nagash though he is simply too big to fit the foam, so I improvised.

I went to the local hobby/arts and crafts store and purchased a container with a lid. I then bought about 1-2in thick cushion foam used for chairs and cut it to fit the container. I then used a hobby knife to cut a line in the foam long enough to tuck the base into the foam so it won't move around in transport.

The container fits nagash perfectly with plenty of room to spare to fit other bulky miniatures like morghasts. For added security I also lined the inside with bubble wrap I had lying around just in case.

What's even better is the container fits into my Battlefoam XL rolling bag perfectly.

If you want additional pictures let me know!

IMG_20181110_221248~2.jpg

Due to his size and amount of awkward flimsy parts this was my solution. Mag'd in place so he doesn't move.

Probably not suitable for flight so I'd recommend maybe 2 big bits of pluck foam that u can make the right shape in and sandwich between. If the foam is a bit deeper than carry on suitcase, bag or model box he should be held reasonably secure. 

20181117_084321.jpg

Not sure how helpful it is, locally I transport my stuff in a cardboard lid.

For international travel I would use one of my metallic Gin containers (some metal tube for a liquor bottle) and fill it up with ripped up tissue paper. There might be cardboard tubes out there in artist stores which might be cut down to size, if they don’t have ~11“ high tubes.

• 2 months later...

Archived